My black berry PRIV shorts down every time pls I need help
    03-02-19 03:03 AM
    Do a factory reset. If it still shuts down on its own after that, there's a good chance it's a hardware issue and you'll need to seek a repair/exchange/new device.
    03-02-19 12:46 PM
    try long press power button for 32 seconds first before erase. might be a short in battery too. have to replace battery if so
    03-06-19 11:30 AM
    mine has been rebooting on it's own as well lately. once or twice a day. wouldn't be a big deal but I lose my calendar notifications that I keep until I complete the task (reminders mostly). I've been thinking about moving to key2 but maybe it's time for a factory reset first. never done one since purchase @ 2.5 years ago. I clear cache and some app data (Facebook) at least once a week plus 32 second reboot.
    04-06-19 11:08 PM
    Priv boot loop post is worth a read.Have an idea the two may be related.
    Try cleaning the power button.
    04-07-19 02:19 AM
    Priv boot loop post is worth a read.Have an idea the two may be related.
    Try cleaning the power button.
    What do you mean clean the power button?
    04-07-19 08:02 PM
    What do you mean clean the power button?
    Some people have experienced it getting dirty and gunked up, then sticking and causing unintended reboot.
    04-07-19 09:35 PM
    Just follow the procedure in the post.
    I used a cotton bud lightly soaked in electrical contact cleaner. I only pulled the case enough to gain access. I did not remove it in any way.
    I did not have much faith in having done any good as the power button looked clean but the result was miraculous. Never did any reseting.
    let know if any better
    Last edited by liddonfew; 04-12-19 at 11:28 PM.
    04-08-19 03:51 AM
    I did a factory reset last night. will come back in a week or so and let everyone know how things are going. so far so good.

my power button looks clean so I won't mess with cleaning it for now
    04-09-19 04:28 PM
    My Priv is from Nov 2015. it shuts down 3 times a day. It can be at 60% and then it shuts down. I activate it long press and it's battery has gone to 15% and needs immediate charging. The port is loose so its a wireless dance. I wrap elastic bands around it to keep it stuck to the charger when I am in transit. What a nightmare. Bring on the Priv 2. I don't want a key 2 with a rattling keyboard and a smaller screen. although, what have I got now?? A mess !
    04-09-19 11:21 PM
    My Priv is from Nov 2015. it shuts down 3 times a day. It can be at 60% and then it shuts down. I activate it long press and it's battery has gone to 15% and needs immediate charging. The port is loose so its a wireless dance. I wrap elastic bands around it to keep it stuck to the charger when I am in transit. What a nightmare. Bring on the Priv 2. I don't want a key 2 with a rattling keyboard and a smaller screen. although, what have I got now?? A mess !
    Battery and port replacement on 3.5 year old phone versus new phone. It may be time for looking at other brands..
    04-10-19 07:24 AM
    yikes mine isn't that bad. It will randomly restart by itself, sometimes twice in a week, sometimes once in a month.

The battery issue isn't as bad (yet) its usually when its 15% then just turns off and goes to 1 or 2% but as of late its actually been okay. My current problem is it keeps staying 'awake' so overnight it drains like 20-25% just been turning it off recently because charging it is getting annoying.

likely going to go for the note 10 in august.
    04-11-19 01:32 AM
    mines been running great since the factory reset. no shutdowns and don't think it has overheated or lagged either. storage is about 2 gigs lighter since the reset so it cleaned out some crap for sure
    04-12-19 09:36 PM
    My PRIV turned 3 last month.. Yay

But it does crash every now n then
    05-04-19 11:21 AM