So I preordered my PRIV from Shop BlackBerry within minutes of the email coming through saying it was available for preorder. The order confirmation said it would ship "after the release date of November 6".

Since then, we're hearing that AT&T will have it in stores on the 6th. I called Shop BlackBerry to see if i can get expedited shipping, and they said that the "Express" option. (which I chose) was the fastest method available, and that takes 2-3 business days. The rep did confirm that because I was in the "first batch of preorders" It would indeed ship out on the 6th, but with the weekend, I should expect to receive it on the 11th or 12th. Wth!

So if you preorder, you will likely have your hands on the device several days after people who just wander into the stores on release day. So where is the benefit of preordering? (I know, to make sure you get one, but still...). Very disappointing. I was really hoping that it would be DELIVERED on release day. I had my Passport within 24 hours of release, from SBB, with next day delivery.

And I don't know what you can expect if you weren't in the "first batch". The rep said they are selling "really well" (which is great news!) with so many people placing bulk orders that they have had to impose a limit of 5 per customer... hopefully they are not on backorder already.

So, just wanted to share, in case any of you are wondering when your preordered unit will turn up.

Posted via CB10
    jt597 and bakron1 like this.
    11-03-15 10:39 AM
    So I preordered my PRIV from Shop BlackBerry within minutes of the email coming through saying it was available for preorder. The order confirmation said it would ship "after the release date of November 6".

Since then, we're hearing that AT&T will have it in stores on the 6th. I called Shop BlackBerry to see if i can get expedited shipping, and they said that the "Express" option. (which I chose) was the fastest method available, and that takes 2-3 business days. The rep did confirm that because I was in the "first batch of preorders" It would indeed ship out on the 6th, but with the weekend, I should expect to receive it on the 11th or 12th. Wth!

So if you preorder, you will likely have your hands on the device several days after people who just wander into the stores on release day. So where is the benefit of preordering? (I know, to make sure you get one, but still...). Very disappointing. I was really hoping that it would be DELIVERED on release day. I had my Passport within 24 hours of release, from SBB, with next day delivery.

And I don't know what you can expect if you weren't in the "first batch". The rep said they are selling "really well" (which is great news!) with so many people placing bulk orders that they have had to impose a limit of 5 per customer... hopefully they are not on backorder already.

So, just wanted to share, in case any of you are wondering when your preordered unit will turn up.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I cancelled last week with them and pre-ordered with Rogers in Canada. If they don't get Friday or Monday I will just order through BlackBerry shop.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-03-15 10:44 AM
    Do you know for sure your AT&T store will have any PRIV's in stock? You might not be missing out on anything.... plus ShopBB should have saved you a few bucks.
    11-03-15 10:47 AM
    Too bad they can't send out a drone to personally deliver your phone.

As much as I'd like it in my hands on Nov 6th. I know shipping is a process on its own.

Posted via CB10
    CeCoQ likes this.
    11-03-15 10:51 AM
    Very true.

We've all waiting this long for this kind of device, what is waiting another few days due to shipping?

Although, my HTC One M8 is on its last leg and has been giving me extreme fits the last couple of months...
    11-03-15 10:56 AM
    Mobile syrup reporting that the release date has been pushed to the 9th due to "unforeseen circumstances"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/11/03/bl...of-november-9/

Anyone else have more info on this?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:00 AM
    Look at you guys whining about a possible few days delay, while us Verizon guys sit here twirling our thumbs wondering if and when we'll ever see the PRIV in our hands :/

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-03-15 11:00 AM
    PRIV shipping dates - preorder vs in store-img_20151103_120059.png

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:01 AM
    Pretty ridiculous if this ends up being true, which I think that it will be. Only company I know that has a preorder or a release date and then ships the first batch out after the release date. I have seen one posted with an email claiming his will be delivered on the 6th, but he is the outlier. All signs point to shipping on or after the 6th will delivery next week sometime. Guess I will be checking At&t for in store availability on Friday.
    11-03-15 11:04 AM
    Pretty ridiculous if this ends up being true, which I think that it will be. Only company I know that has a preorder or a release date and then ships the first batch out after the release date. I have seen one posted with an email claiming his will be delivered on the 6th, but he is the outlier. All signs point to shipping on or after the 6th will delivery next week sometime. Guess I will be checking At&t for in store availability on Friday.
    The Priv 'launch' is already better than the Nexus 5X/6P launch. Google announced the two phones on Sept. 29th and didn't mention when people would get the phones. The site simply stated 'Ships within 3 weeks'
    The phones started to appear on people's doorsteps a month later.

Apple? You put your pre-order in on launch day, and you wait to get the phone in 2 weeks.

BlackBerry opened pre-orders early for people that would buy the phone site-unseen. They haven't marketed it to the masses yet. They will launch on the 6th and (depending on where you are) you can get the phone the same day (or a few days later)
    -Puck- likes this.
    11-03-15 11:19 AM
    First batch of orders will ship on the 6th. Ones after that are shipping on the 9th. Depending on how many more preorders we get between now and Fri., future orders may ship even later.

This is all standard fare with preorders. Not everyone will overnight something the day before like Amazon .

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    11-03-15 11:29 AM
    The Priv 'launch' is already better than the Nexus 5X/6P launch. Google announced the two phones on Sept. 29th and didn't mention when people would get the phones. The site simply stated 'Ships within 3 weeks'

Apple? You put your pre-order in on launch day, and you wait to get the phone in 2 weeks.

BlackBerry opened pre-orders early for people that would buy the phone site-unseen. They haven't marketed it to the masses yet. They will launch on the 6th and (depending on where you are) you can get the phone the same day (or a few days later)
    Great statement and very true. especially Apple..

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-03-15 11:31 AM
    Er, so if they all leave the warehouse at the same time, why do you think those on general sale would get there before your preorder?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:34 AM

Apple, you have preorder date, and then the phone arrives on launch day. Samsung, preorder date, phone arrives on launch date. I will give you Nexus preorders, those have been strange.

Okay, so say BB opened pre-orders for people that would buy site unseen, they they get the phone maybe a week or so later then just walking into At&t store and picking one up? Just my thoughts, not really arguing, they have the phones to ship on the 6th, no reason they can't ship to be delivered on the 6th. They have had plenty of time with when the preorder date was.

Just don't see the logic in shipping later to the diehards that do buy sight unseen, guess they are going to buy it anyway.
    11-03-15 11:44 AM
    Apple, you have preorder date, and then the phone arrives on launch day. Samsung, preorder date, phone arrives on launch date. I will give you Nexus preorders, those have been strange.

Okay, so say BB opened pre-orders for people that would buy site unseen, they they get the phone maybe a week or so later then just walking into At&t store and picking one up? Just my thoughts, not really arguing, they have the phones to ship on the 6th, no reason they can't ship to be delivered on the 6th. They have had plenty of time with when the preorder date was.

Just don't see the logic in shipping later to the diehards that do buy sight unseen, guess they are going to buy it anyway.
    I don't see the logic either. They could have delivered on the 4th or 5th, with instructions to hold the final delivery until the 6th.

My point was that this wasn't really that bad of a launch compared to the other OEMs as BB hasn't even launched yet. I was under the impression that iPhone launches worked the same way as Nexus launches where they officially reveal the device at a launch event and then you have to wait to get the device.
    The scenario that you describe for an Apple launch only shows me that BlackBerry screwed up by only one day.
    11-03-15 12:21 PM
    Apple has raised people's expectations of smartphone launch timing because they started orchestrating the release of their new products via company store, retailer, or package delivery. Of course, their retail stores always have inventory on release day. Other retailers often have a sealed pallet of iPads with a big sign that says when it can be opened.

UPS often has the devices in their warehouses on hold prior to delivery. On iPhone release day, if you miss your delivery, when you go to your local UPS warehouse that night and UPS managers will be running around giving status updates on all the trucks as they arrive back from their routes. They stay open until everyone gets their phone. It's a big deal for them to have the Apple delivery contract.

The traditional way has always been that it gets there when it gets there. I imagine there's a wholesaler in between BlackBerry and the retailer. Nobody particularly cares when you get your device.

If anyone cares, it's kind of an extension of the Japanese packaging thing - using the detailed packaging and presentation to signal to the recipient that you put a lot of care into the product. It's an effort that is appreciated by your most loyal customers.
    Last edited by early2bed; 11-03-15 at 12:44 PM.
    11-03-15 12:28 PM
    Too bad they can't send out a drone to personally deliver your phone.

As much as I'd like it in my hands on Nov 6th. I know shipping is a process on its own.

Posted via CB10
    Good idea but the problem is drones battery lasts from 60 to 90 minutes (as I know)

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-03-15 01:00 PM
    I have emailed shopBlackBerry twice about my order. The only email I have received to date was on Nov 6 saying my Blackberry was preparing to ship. The support at shopBlackBerry said in two replies to inquiries that my device is going to be shipped but have never confirmed a tracking number. I am taking that this means my device hasn't shipped yet, as I also have not received my emailed detailing how to get the free accessories. Any ideas? Is anybody else having these issues?

Much like the rest of the comments here, I thought by pre-ordering and paying more money direct through BlackBerry that I could expect to receive the device on Nov 6 or at least shortly thereafter. Disappointed? Yes. Angered? Not Really, it's not like those expectations were outlined when I pre-ordered anyway
    Last edited by Ambiant; 11-12-15 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-12-15 10:26 AM
    Still no word on my pre-order from the 2nd of Nov. Emailed BB store, and no answers.

All of the stores I called in my area are out, or never had any. (Telus and Rogers)

I managed to order one online from Rogers, and it is shipping out right away (supposed to receive in 3-5 business days). I am keeping my order with the BB store, as I want wireless charging, and I will move the Rogers one to my wife when the unlocked one gets here.

I am excited that there is strong demand for a BB device, as I am all about Canadian tech companies doing well!! I just hope they can move lots phones while the demand is high, and continue to move more by having a great product......... it is exciting to wonder what models may come down the pipe if this one is a success.
    11-12-15 03:39 PM
    They cleared up there is no wireless charging in Canada
    mobilesyrup dot com/2015/11/09/clearing-up-confusion-about-wireless-charging-on-the-blackberry-priv/
    Yeah already confirmed many times.
    11-12-15 06:43 PM
    I held off pre-ordering but have no real reason why other than all the debate in pricing and variant features.

I decided to order from TELUS directly on Saturday and it arrived today (would have been yesterday without the holiday). The stores were sold out, the only stock was in shops told not to sell outright by local store managers.

I don't really care about wireless charging but have no idea why Telus was almost 100 more than Rogers or bell.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:48 PM
    Yeah I feel for you guys that are waiting for this amazing device.

I'd never pre order something expensive. When I spend money on something I want it in my hand.

My routine when blackberry launches a device that I want is go to the nearest somewhat ghetto mall on launch day and make sure im there when the store opens.

The Priv was (dufferin mall telus) the manager said they only had 4-5 on launch day. I knew sherway mall or yorkdale mall would have been harder to get one because of the demographic of customers.

Posted via Priv
    11-12-15 06:55 PM