Another battery life tip - disable location services until you need them. I have the option in my pull-down menu. Unless I'm using Google Maps or a weather app, location services are turned off. This is another reason why Facebook uses so much battery for a lot of people - it constantly keeps track of your location even when you're not using the app.
    mariecat likes this.
    01-29-17 09:48 AM
    All - I just received a notification that their is 21 Google applications to be updated. Any concerns?
    01-29-17 12:22 PM
    All - I just received a notification that their is 21 Google applications to be updated. Any concerns?
    No, that's normal after an OS update. Reboot after the updates are done.
    01-29-17 12:30 PM
    Another battery life tip - disable location services until you need them. I have the option in my pull-down menu. Unless I'm using Google Maps or a weather app, location services are turned off. This is another reason why Facebook uses so much battery for a lot of people - it constantly keeps track of your location even when you're not using the app.
    I have to disagree. You're just adding a manual step which does nearly nothing. At best it could save you a few percent battery in a day.
    My wife has it all turned on, Facebook, FB Messenger etc. allowed to use location and she regularly comes from work with more than 60 % battery left.

Why would you be concerned?
    01-29-17 12:34 PM
    I have to disagree. You're just adding a manual step which does nearly nothing. At best it could save you a few percent battery in a day.
    My wife has it all turned on, Facebook, FB Messenger etc. allowed to use location and she regularly comes from work with more than 60 % battery left.
    This just goes to show that everyone's use case is different. My phone's battery plummets when I leave location services on. It's really not any trouble to turn them off, and apps that need them (Maps, weather) give a pop-up window to turn them on.
    01-29-17 12:49 PM
    Just wondering in general
    01-29-17 01:39 PM
    Me too. I don't actually appreciate the idea of my personal photos and such being anywhere except on my PCs and phones, regardless of how safe cloud solutions supposedly are. So I periodically copy them to my PC and I also manually copied what I needed on my new phone. Lots of garbage also builds up over time, downloads, irrelevant pictures like memes from friends etc. which would waste several GB on things I'll never open again.
    This brings me to a question. How do I get rid of the garbage build up om my Priv? Do I just have to do it manually? I have my photos and videos going to my SD card but there is lots of other stuff.
    01-29-17 02:12 PM
    This brings me to a question. How do I get rid of the garbage build up om my Priv? Do I just have to do it manually? I have my photos and videos going to my SD card but there is lots of other stuff.
    I periodically take the time to go through the internal memory and move anything that I want to save, such as downloads, to the SD card. I delete the rest. Doesn't take much time. Of course, I don't have a whole lot of "junk". At least I don't think so.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-17 03:20 PM
    I have a ton of Google app updates pending and pending. Since I'm trying to give google as little access to me, my life and things, I've tended to just leave them dormant. Others have no concerns about Google.
    01-29-17 03:27 PM
    I periodically take the time to go through the internal memory and move anything that I want to save, such as downloads, to the SD card. I delete the rest. Doesn't take much time. Of course, I don't have a whole lot of "junk". At least I don't think so.
    I was even trying to do that with my desktop computer today. I was looking at how much space was occupied in the USER Folder. After looking it over I was happy with what resides there in the main but did cleanup some junk.
    01-29-17 03:29 PM
    All - I was going to start a new thread but I everyone has been so helpful in this one.

I trying to get a better understanding of how notifications work. First off the led is working on my two email accounts (Pop 3 & Exchange) and txt messaging. This is most important.

Sometimes on my home screen I see notifications (without swiping down) other times I do not. Can anyone explain this? I have everything at default as I did not make any changes. I do notice that there are settings in the Hum for each email account called heads up notification. They are turned off by default. They are still off.

Anyone have an idea as to whats going on? Perhaps I'm just confused as I'm new with android. Thanks in advance!
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    01-30-17 01:50 PM
    Some apps have their own notification settings. Notably text apps, and social apps, and I'm assuming some email apps. And it being Android, each different app will have these settings in different places and with different descriptions or explanations, or just assume you know what they are, (like 'Chat Heads').
    I believe most of the texting apps have some sort of notification ON by default. When you get a text, something will pop up, often with the first line of text included. Typically you can tap the notification and respond from there, which a lot of people like.

Sorry, I keep mine on my hip and pay no attention to the LED, so I can't help you there. I use a bluetooth earpiece , it tells me who is calling and who is texting. I get 3 long vibrations for a business email, and set the personal and secondary business email to do nothing.
    FF22 and Tech Idiot like this.
    01-31-17 07:03 AM
    All - I was going to start a new thread but I everyone has been so helpful in this one.

I trying to get a better understanding of how notifications work. First off the led is working on my two email accounts (Pop 3 & Exchange) and txt messaging. This is most important.

Sometimes on my home screen I see notifications (without swiping down) other times I do not. Can anyone explain this? I have everything at default as I did not make any changes. I do notice that there are settings in the Hum for each email account called heads up notification. They are turned off by default. They are still off.

Anyone have an idea as to whats going on? Perhaps I'm just confused as I'm new with android. Thanks in advance!
    Go to Settings > Sounds and Notifications > App Notifications (scroll down to almost the bottom of the list). Go through all your apps one by one and set them up. It takes a while, even with only pre-loaded apps, there's a lot of them.

For Facebook, you need to open the app and go into the settings to change the notification options.
    FF22 and Tech Idiot like this.
    01-31-17 07:45 AM
    Wezard & ALToronto - Thanks for the advice. As stated, some apps have their own settings.
    02-01-17 05:07 AM
    I also found that having location on consumes battery. Also disable Facebook and installed Swipe PRO which a Facebook client app that barely uses battery and data compared to Original Facebbok app.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 07:09 AM
40 12