In reading this thread decided to see if I could get the September 2017 AT&T update.
    Connected to home Wi-Fi and executed manual update. Results: Try again in 23 hours and 59 minutes ....
    Re-did manual process and held down the Check for Updates button. Upon release nothing happened.
    With that pop screen still in place I then held down the Select phrase in green and voila, a message appeared stating the download will begin.
    4:44pm EDT download began
    Reached 100% download complete at 5:09pm EDT with no issues.
    Pressed Continue
    Preparing to update at 100% arrived at 5:09pm EDT
    Installing System Update 5:10pm EDT with Android "robot icon" and animated head antennas and stomach spinning icon displayed
    Installation System Update blue progress bar reached 100% 5:18pm EDT
    Automatic reboot at 5:18pm EDT
    Starting Android after phone password input 5:18pm EDT
    Android is upgrading...
    Optimizing 3 of 63 apps (to start) at 5:19pm EDT
    Optimizing 32of 63 apps arrived at 5:31pm EDT
    Optimizing 63 of 63 apps arrived at 5:41pm EDT
    Completed 5:41pm EDT Finishing reboot...
    Update Complete after entering phone password 5:42pm EDT

No errors encountered

STV100-1 purchased AT&T store 12/28/2015
    6.0.1 Android Version
    9/5/2017 Android Security Patch Level
    AAO486 Build Number
    Kernel Version is 7/28/2017
    sbtpdx and VITOS72 like this.
    09-30-17 04:44 PM
    ^^^ Congratulations...Worked for me as well... 👍

Bob
    sbtpdx likes this.
    09-30-17 05:29 PM
    Many thanks to Fan and Bob for this solution!!! For those who haven't figured it out yet, the trick is to hold that "SELECT" button for about 30 seconds before releasing it. I tried this earlier without success, but was only holding for about 10 sec. You won't see any indication of success or failure until you release the button. Hopefully, you'll have the same success I finally experienced today.
    09-30-17 09:22 PM
    Many thanks to Fan and Bob for this solution!!! For those who haven't figured it out yet, the trick is to hold that "SELECT" button for about 30 seconds before releasing it. I tried this earlier without success, but was only holding for about 10 sec. You won't see any indication of success or failure until you release the button. Hopefully, you'll have the same success I finally experienced today.
    Although I would love to take credit for finding this, the reality is I was made aware of this procedure in the KEYone Forum. So I decided to do this and bingo!!! The update window appeared... 😁

Bob
    10-01-17 10:14 AM
    Ok, confused about this. I "check for updates" and it tells me there are none available. I held down "Check for Updates" for about 40 seconds and nothing new happened.

What Pop-Up window and what <Select> button are you guys getting?
    10-01-17 10:33 AM
    For me, the trick was holding down the "SELECT" button in the "AT&T Software Updates" window. That's after clicking "System Updates". More details are now in a new AT&T Priv Sept Update (AAO486) Solution thread.
    10-01-17 12:12 PM
    Ok, confused about this. I "check for updates" and it tells me there are none available. I held down "Check for Updates" for about 40 seconds and nothing new happened.

What Pop-Up window and what <Select> button are you guys getting?
    @smitbret Settings-->About phone --> System Updates
    Upon choosing System Updates I receive an AT&T Software Update window that predominantly has a white background.
    For me there are 2 radio buttons to choose from:
    Check for Updates
    Continue Updates

Below the 2 choices there are 2 words in green next to each other: BACK and SELECT

I pressed and held the SELECT for at least 30-40 seconds after choosing the Check for Updates radio button, and received a message when I lifted my finger from the screen the download would soon begin.

Hope this helps.
    10-01-17 06:48 PM
    Can someone please report whether they have experienced any different performance or any useful reason to download the update? The only reports I see are people reporting more overheating and worse battery life, but Id love to hear some positive feedback, if there is any...
    10-02-17 07:21 PM
    I haven't discovered anything noticeably different with this update... but definitely not experiencing any heat issues or excessive battery use.

Bob
    10-02-17 08:11 PM
    I haven't discovered anything noticeably different with this update... but definitely not experiencing any heat issues or excessive battery use.

Bob
    Likewise here... no noticeable change in performance, heating, etc. But I did read somewhere that this update addresses the Bluetooth vulnerability. Assuming that's true, I'm glad to have the patch.
    10-03-17 12:36 AM
85 ... 234