The reason I got Priv was the fact that they promote it as privileged security. Recently I discovered that I have been recorded while talking from other devices via different apps from Android market.
    I was thinking priv will notify me. Now I don't see the reason to have it as it's same as any other phone.
    Anything I need to know that I have not know before?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-30-16 07:16 PM
    I don't quite get what you're saying. Is it that other people on their phones are recording your phone conversations when speaking with them?

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-30-16 08:15 PM
    I don't quite get what you're saying. Is it that other people on their phones are recording your phone conversations when speaking with them?

Yes this is what he says..

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 09:48 PM
    The reason I got Priv was the fact that they promote it as privileged security. Recently I discovered that I have been recorded while talking from other devices via different apps from Android market.
    I was thinking priv will notify me. Now I don't see the reason to have it as it's same as any other phone.

My friend I don't know what your expectations were from this device but complaining about the fact that somebody else recorded u with his device during a call is a bit far fetched..
    It is true that the priv is marketed as a more secure device etc but don't forget that's it's just a "regular" smartphone. It's not a device from a James Bond movie...

Posted via CB10
    kanungoash likes this.
    06-30-16 09:53 PM
    This is what dtek is for. Have you turned on all notifications for dtek?

Also have you install apps from other sources besides Google play store?

Attached Thumbnails Priv security-73801.jpg  
    06-30-16 10:45 PM

I don't think there is any phone that can block someone else from recording your conversation on their end while talking to them. BlackBerry's security is there to protect the data and information on your device from prying eyes. It doesn't protect you from using insecure apps, or from talking to unscrupulous people. That I'm afraid is on you!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-30-16 11:36 PM
    I don't think there is any phone that can block someone else from recording your conversation on their end while talking to them. BlackBerry's security is there to protect the data and information on your device from prying eyes. It doesn't protect you from using insecure apps, or from talking to unscrupulous people. That I'm afraid is on you!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Correct.

07-01-16 02:42 AM
    Generally, here in Australia, you cannot record the person on the other end unless they agree to it. This is law. Not sure what other laws are else where, but I would suspect they would be the same or similar. Unfortunately this doesn't mean people won't do it. And as stated by others above, the Priv, BB10 devices or any others for that matter, will be able to block someone else's phone from recording your phone conversations. I would ask why the people/person you're speaking to is recording you.. And if they don't stop it, then just don't speak to them over the phone.

07-01-16 02:48 AM
    Generally, here in Australia, you cannot record the person on the other end unless they agree to it. This is law. Not sure what other laws are else where, but I would suspect they would be the same or similar. Unfortunately this doesn't mean people won't do it. And as stated by others above, the Priv, BB10 devices or any others for that matter, will be able to block someone else's phone from recording your phone conversations. I would ask why the people/person you're speaking to is recording you.. And if they don't stop it, then just don't speak to them over the phone.

In the US, most states are "one-party consent" where as long as the person recording is part of the conversation, they don't have to get any consent.

Not sure how it works if you're in a one party state and calling someone in a two party state etc.
    07-01-16 09:57 AM
    In the US, most states are "one-party consent" where as long as the person recording is part of the conversation, they don't have to get any consent.
    Same here in South Africa.
    07-07-16 09:02 AM