Hi all,

I'm wondering what members of CB have paid for screen replacements these days?

Ever since BB 10 went EOL, I have had a bunch of friends offer to give me their older devices, some of them including a Priv and so.

I don't really have a significant desire for e Priv, but to keep it around as a WiFi device or an emergency device for calls, texts and Web browsing, it's not an issue.

Just seeing if it's worth it to fix. For what it's worth, I am in Canada. The glass is mostly just cracked and there's a big black dark spot on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-22 11:01 PM
    Hi all,

Ever since BB 10 went EOL, I have had a bunch of friends offer to give me their older devices, some of them including a Priv and so.

I don't really have a significant desire for e Priv, but to keep it around as a WiFi device or an emergency device for calls, texts and Web browsing, it's not an issue.

Just seeing if it's worth it to fix. For what it's worth, I am in Canada. The glass is mostly just cracked and there's a big black dark spot on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Omg. It's a 6 year old device. Let the dead rest.

It's stuck 5 OS versions behind and hasn't seen an update in over 4 years.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-14-22 11:21 PM

I hear ya and I agree but I'm also being given free stuff that has a market value. I don't know if friends of mine who are literally handing me Priv's, Key 1 &2 's cause "BlackBerry is dead" know the value of the phones too.

Even the BB 10 phones are maintaining some used market value for sure.

As emergency devices or to keep in good condition, nothing wrong with them for a basic function.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-22 11:26 PM
    I hear ya and I agree but I'm also being given free stuff that has a market value. I don't know if friends of mine who are literally handing me Priv's, Key 1 &2 's cause "BlackBerry is dead" know the value of the phones too.

As emergency devices or to keep in good condition, nothing wrong with them for a basic function.

Posted via CB10
    I'd take all of these devices and unload them on some suckers over eBay. Then hope you can sleep at night.
    01-14-22 11:28 PM
    I'd take all of these devices and unload them on some suckers over eBay. Then hope you can sleep at night.

That might be part of the plan!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-22 11:43 PM

The Good never rests!

Yes 6 years later ( with a new battery ) my PRIV running like a champ. The last BlackBerry device from BlackBerry.
    01-15-22 06:47 AM
    Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    It's not worth fixing a PRIV screen. The device in good used condition in total isn't worth $50-$100 USD depending on website.

That brings us back to Android devices and their real actual value. I recently purchased a brand new Pixel 5a 5G from Google Fi MVNO as carrier directly, $9/month for 24 months plus Google Fi 5G service for 24 months at regular prices. You can buy direct from Google factory unlocked $449 USD with other discounts offered.

I just bought a Galaxy A13 5G AT&T carrier locked for $199 USD and $50/month USD 5G unlimited high speed data for testing as well. I can use my postpaid AT&T service instead so I'm not locked into service either.

The point is that both devices started out with Android 11 initially and 5a has already received Android 12 upgrade. The A13 is expected to get Android 12 in a couple months. It renders devices stuck on anything pre-Android 11 practically worthless.
    01-15-22 08:44 AM
    The Good never rests!

Yes 6 years later ( with a new battery ) my PRIV running like a champ. The last BlackBerry device from BlackBerry.
    Mine hums away as well, it is getting long in the tooth but it does work. Getting ready for a new battery change.
    01-15-22 04:42 PM
    The device in good used condition in total isn't worth $50-$100 USD depending on website.
    That's not the same story that "completed items" on eBay tells.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-22 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would sell them all on eBay aside from maybe a KEY2.
    01-15-22 10:27 PM
    Mine hums away as well, it is getting long in the tooth but it does work. Getting ready for a new battery change.
    One of the easiest tasks re battery change on PRIV. The result is awesome.
    01-17-22 05:18 PM
    One of the easiest tasks re battery change on PRIV. The result is awesome.
    Battery change while not bad , you must be very careful of the side buttons and switches. They are very easy to kill when opening the back. Also be very careful the back is very thin and will crack.
    01-18-22 10:10 AM
    I am still on my first battery on my priv for me it still works sometimes a bit slow regarding apps but works

Posted via CB10
    01-18-22 03:26 PM