Does anyone else find the priv screen is THE worst for finger prints? Mine is forever smudged and I'm always wanting to clean it and wipe it but it always shows smudges, my partners dtek 50 is much better at staying smudge free.

Minor annoyance but it has to be said.
    09-06-17 04:55 AM
    I used rainx anti fog wipes on glass touchscreen devices and it worked wonders at minimizing.
    09-06-17 06:22 AM
    Does anyone else find the priv screen is THE worst for finger prints? Mine is forever smudged and I'm always wanting to clean it and wipe it but it always shows smudges, my partners dtek 50 is much better at staying smudge free.

Minor annoyance but it has to be said.
    I bit of OCD perhaps? You know that if you actually turn it on and use it instead of just setting it down and looking at the blank screen, you'll never notice those things.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    09-06-17 07:34 AM
    I'm looking at it right now and can see all the smudges.
    As I type this, the word the that I typed just now, the first the in this sentence not the fourth which I just typed, has been typed under a particularly noticeable smudge.
    09-06-17 07:38 AM
    I used rainx anti fog wipes on glass touchscreen devices and it worked wonders at minimizing.
    Is that safe (for you, not the device).
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-06-17 07:46 AM
    Is that safe (for you, not the device).
    Fair question. I guess ocd is a bigger problem than whatever the layer I put down has. It effectively keeps the oil from transferring from your finger to the glass which causes the smudge. Maybe that micro layer of oil protects my fingers? All I know is it works and have been using from day 1.

The KEYone does not attract the smudge as much as my PRIV did.
    09-06-17 07:59 AM
    I'm looking at it right now and can see all the smudges.
    As I type this, the word the that I typed just now, the first the in this sentence not the fourth which I just typed, has been typed under a particularly noticeable smudge.
    Maybe wash your hands before you use the phone. Or wear nitrile gloves. Or just wear sunglasses. Give me a few minutes and I'll think of a few more inane things to tell you. I have way too much time on my hands right now.
    09-06-17 09:12 AM
    I work out doors, based in a van, it doesn't have wash facilities it's just an observation it's not the end of the world and was really a rhetorical post but if you have the time you can reel off a few more pointless replies.
    09-06-17 09:15 AM
    I work out doors, based in a van, it doesn't have wash facilities it's just an observation it's not the end of the world and was really a rhetorical post but if you have the time you can reel off a few more pointless replies.
    OK, here goes. So you work out of a van????
    09-06-17 10:25 AM
    Yeah and I noticed in the daylight that the priv screen seems to be more of a fingerprint magnet than was my old passport, dirty hands won't help of course, I would carry a small cloth to clean it every three minutes but that would be a little excessive.
    09-06-17 10:29 AM
    Put it in a Ziplock bag. You can use everything on the phone except, perhaps, the camera. Phone calls will work just fine.
    09-06-17 12:00 PM
    it's a valid option, until I notice the smudges on the bag.
    09-06-17 02:29 PM
    it's a valid option, until I notice the smudges on the bag.
    If you splurge on the freezer bags, they have a matte finish. No smudges. Don't go with the cheap food storage bags. Depends on how much smudge free is worth to you.
    09-06-17 02:37 PM
    freezer bags it is thanks for your help, it won't look any stranger to people then using a BlackBerry normally does these days anyway.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-06-17 02:40 PM
    freezer bags it is thanks for your help, it won't look any stranger to people then using a BlackBerry normally does these days anyway.
    Glad I could be of assistance. I wanted to spell that slightly different. But you get my drift!
    newcollector likes this.
    09-06-17 06:57 PM
    I have a screen protector installed on mine. and it does not really have smudges.
    09-06-17 08:05 PM