04-16-18 10:34 AM
30 12
tools
    I do realise that the topic is probably long forgotten, but I created an account just so I could confirm the issues of Blackberry Priv's screen. I have been always obsessed with sharp screens, therefore, I was very impatient to get the Priv as it promised much higher resolution compared to iPhone 6S I was used to. Granted, it is super sharp, but what an ugly texture there is to the screen! I had to change the whole system into black colour, because it is the only colour that hides completely the ugly texture of the screen! So although it is the sharpest screen I have ever had, it is one of the ugliest regardless. And it is not a question of humidity or any screen protector. Such a shame, since it is overall the best phone I have ever held and there is no other quite like it on the market since KeyOne has a much smaller screen and shows noticeably less text as I am writing.
    I also found black to be fine.
    I can now say that it isn't just a question of AMOLED VS LCD, as my Galaxy S8 is much better.
    04-15-18 01:02 PM
    I have 4 Priv, and have not seen what you are explaining.

each display is sharp and nice.

is your Priv new or refurbished?

probably it doesn't have an original display.

regards
    Assuming danlolland's problem is the same as mine was, it is unlikely that it is caused by a knockoff screen or something.
    The two Priv's I saw came from official BlackBerry sources (Shop BlackBerry and their warranty department).
    04-15-18 01:05 PM
    It was brand new. The screen is super sharp, but with super ugly texture to it which I noticed right away. It is very noticeable on a gray picture. Download a simple gray picture and you will see slim lines going diagonally. I have compared it to all the phones with AMOLED screen I could find and I have not seen it on any other device.
    04-15-18 03:53 PM
    is it possible to see a picture of the screen that we are talking about?

regards
    B1aize likes this.
    04-16-18 07:52 AM
    Haha! Yes! No problem! I will try taking one but I do not have a lens that focuses this close! Let me try anyway!
    04-16-18 10:34 AM
30 12