My 3 yr old PRIV (love it!!) has a screen problem.
    When I wake it up the bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen flickers in various shades of green. After a while (about 5 minutes) it becomes quite normal.

I discovered that if I hold it between my hands for a minute, it becomes normal. It seems to do this only when cold.
    If I charge it, it is normal, as it warms up. Same with keeping in in my shirt pocket.

The touch part is OK, just the color, which makes the bottom 1/4 very hard to see.

Is there a fix or am I looking at replacing the screen, and if so, how?
    02-25-20 02:07 PM
    I suspect your screen is going out... issue will get worse over time.

I had a light green line that would do that, it got darker and stayed longer over time. I'd live with it for as long as you can, then decide if it's really worth fixing.
    02-25-20 02:31 PM
    I suspected that would be the case.
    Now to decide if it's worth fixing or bite the bullet and get a Samsung Note 10.
    02-25-20 04:29 PM
    Had the same issue with the lower portion of my screen turning green on my PRIV when I was outside in cold temperatures. Didn't experience it when inside... As mentioned above I just assumed the screen was going bad. I retired my PRIV and upgraded to a KEY2.

Bob
    02-25-20 04:52 PM
    Now to decide if it's worth fixing or bite the bullet and get a Samsung Note 10.
    Not worth fixing no matter what, because the cost of a replacement screen + digitizer assembly will cost about the same as another Priv on eBay.

Besides, at 3 years old, the battery's worn anyway.

If you can still manage with the Priv's performance in 2020, then grab another cheap one on eBay.

If you're gonna go full slab, I recommend the S10e over a Note device unless you need the S-Pen
    02-25-20 07:20 PM
    It's tough to see putting that much into a three year old phone... that wasn't a good year for smartphone hardware.
    02-26-20 09:03 AM
    Yeah, battery is only good for about 4 hours, 6-8 on battery saver.
    Wife has a Samsung Note 9. Never uses the pen.
    I would use the pen on a Note 10.
    S-20 is not worth the expense to not use most of its great features. No 5G available here, rarely take photos. Otherwise it's just an S-10.
    I'm not sure I want to stay with BB anymore. I keep my stuff a long time till I'm forced to change, and I doubt BB or whomever will support it, will be around that long.
    Thanks for the replies.
    02-26-20 10:12 AM
    Yeah, battery is only good for about 4 hours, 6-8 on battery saver.
    Wife has a Samsung Note 9. Never uses the pen.
    I would use the pen on a Note 10.
    S-20 is not worth the expense to not use most of its great features. No 5G available here, rarely take photos. Otherwise it's just an S-10.
    I'm not sure I want to stay with BB anymore. I keep my stuff a long time till I'm forced to change, and I doubt BB or whomever will support it, will be around that long.
    Thanks for the replies.
    If you really like he keyboard and don't mind having two phones, I'd recommend having both a KEY2 LE and an S10.

Best of both worlds.
    02-26-20 02:35 PM
    I bought the PRIV for 3 main reasons. Loyalty to a Canadian company, WhatsApp, and the physical keyboard.
    I have been using KB phones since the first TREO model.
    I then got a BB Q10, because of the KB. A few years later I upgraded to another BB, can't remember which one.
    I installed WhatsApp on it and enjoyed it, till WhatsApp decided to no longer support BB O/S. I was forced to go Android.
    Got the PRIV; Canadian, WhatsApp and a physical keyboard.
    Wife had an LG something with a virtual keyboard that was very highly rated, but It was nearly impossible for me to use, big thumbs, tiny keys.
    The PRIV was perfect, had no trouble with the KB.
    Then I tried the PRIV's virtual KB, and I was blown away at how easy and almost error free it was. No other phone KB was near as good.
    I have since used the physical KB maybe 5-6 times a year to get at a special character the VKB hid from use.
    Then my wife got a Samsung Note 9. It's VKB was almost as good as the PRIV, so my next phone will be the Samsung Note 10.
    Now that the S20 is out the Note 10 is affordable.
    02-26-20 03:55 PM