My phone flicker after sometime for a split second! Any body having the same issue ?

Posted via Priv...
    01-10-16 07:19 AM
    Yes during battery saving mode, i don't know why...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gizmo21 likes this.
    01-10-16 07:48 AM
    Yes during battery saving mode, i don't know why...

No battery saving here! It flicker in normal mode

Posted via Priv...
    Joseph Gonzalez1 likes this.
    01-10-16 09:48 AM
    Adaptive brightness on?

01-10-16 10:18 AM
    It's the adaptive light settings

01-10-16 11:44 AM
    I have a similar sounding problem and started a thread about it the other day...

did have a link to the other thread here but I cant post is as dont have enough posts

I have opened a case with Blackberry and am waiting on how to get a log file from the device, (they gave me the wrong instructions as to how to do this and are away for the weekend). I'm pretty certain its a software bug as I can be reading an email and the screen will momentarily blink or flicker without me touching the device. Now Ive noticed it, it happens a little bit more often than I first thought. I have turned the 'auto brightness' off and it has made no difference whatsoever.
    01-10-16 03:45 PM
    Adaptive brightness on?

No!

Posted via Priv...
    01-10-16 10:13 PM
    Mine just did this for the first time today. Battery saving mode and adaptive brightness were both on

01-10-16 10:57 PM
    I also have had this problem from day one with the unlocked STV100-1. I have adaptive ON, and battery saver OFF. This has been going on since new and is too often.

01-13-16 12:09 AM
    In set intervals, Google has Android snap a screen shot of what you're doing on your device. The screen shots are uploaded to the beast server. The screen flicker is when that is happening. I'm just kidding around. HA! Google is doing this though. Psyche. But no seriously, that's it. Not.

01-13-16 12:30 AM
    My phone flicker after sometime for a split second! Any body having the same issue ?

Posted via Priv...
    I had that same problem yesterday. What I did was I hard resetted the Priv. I started clean did not want any restore of any Previous Backup either from Google or ATnT and I entered all my settings again manually. And Ollaaaaa I dont see anymore flicker till I post this.

The bottomline is Start Clean Dont Restore anything. Eventhough your Backup is also from priv
    08-21-16 03:00 AM
    I just replied to another thread about this, and unfortunately, I don't have an answer. But I can say that my adaptive brightness is NOT on and sometimes it will occur. I've often wondered if it was the website itself. It'd be nice to have a true answer to this problem. It's very random.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 11:55 PM
    Serveral other threads about it search for "flicker".

I had it too with my now returned PRIV device, but had even more serious screen failing issues including stripes and blackout of the most part of the screen:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12294744
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12296943

With my new device I only have flicker in Firefox Beta atm, but I think this is due to this specific app.
    08-22-16 02:43 AM
    Also getting flicker in all Apps. It really only started (or I only noticed) since I put the phone in Developer mode to disable the screen transition effects.
    Unlocked ATT PRIV on Koodo running Marshmallow

08-22-16 07:24 PM
    I think this is somehow caused by the "Hold to stay awake" option in Settings>Advanced interactions. If we're talking about the same thing. I set my screen time-out to be longer and disabled that option last night and since then I haven't noticed it flicker once in three hours of screen-on time.

Weird bug for sure... Too bad, I really like that feature.
    FF22 and Faisal Q like this.
    09-01-16 09:15 AM
    I think this is somehow caused by the "Hold to stay awake" option in Settings>Advanced interactions. If we're talking about the same thing. I set my screen time-out to be longer and disabled that option last night and since then I haven't noticed it flicker once in three hours of screen-on time.

Thanks! That seems to do the trick for me

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-16 04:06 AM
    Also getting flicker in all Apps. It really only started (or I only noticed) since I put the phone in Developer mode to disable the screen transition effects.
    Unlocked ATT PRIV on Koodo running Marshmallow

The same thing happened to me. I turned off Developer Mode and the flicker seems to have gone away.
    11-29-16 09:58 PM

Bullseye!
    Man of the day
    08-03-17 01:25 PM
    If you have turned on the option to extend the screen wake when holding the phone in the hand, the screen blinks for a second when your actual time out has reached but kickbacks automatically, happens to me all the time, and I figure it happens only when you hold the phone.
    08-04-17 10:31 AM
    Don't panic guys, my priv just flickered once now, my screen time out is just 15 second so happens to me all the time
    08-04-17 10:33 AM

This helps in my case too. I was about to start a thread on this when I stumbled on this one. Thank you!
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-19-17 09:45 PM
    This helps in my case too. I was about to start a thread on this when I stumbled on this one. Thank you!
    06-19-18 10:51 PM
    My Priv home screen was also flickering. I turned my Display-Colour Adjustment, down to zero. Cool and saturation, both turned all the way down. The flickering stopped immediately.
    06-19-18 10:58 PM