My priv screen on the left side clicks when i touch the screen and there is a noticeable gap when the phone slides up. On the right side nothing that i just mentioned any one else having this problem ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    weezul likes this.
    11-10-15 08:02 PM
    My priv screen on the left side clicks when i touch the screen and there is a noticeable gap when the phone slides up. On the right side nothing that i just mentioned any one else having this problem ?

post a pic if you can, There are two Priv in the house and not one has what your talking about.
    wasimraza likes this.
    11-10-15 08:07 PM

I have one with the same issue. Back it goes.

Piro Dhimitri likes this.
    11-10-15 08:08 PM
    I have one with the same issue. Back it goes.

Post a pic so everyone here knows what to look for.
    11-10-15 08:12 PM
    Post a pic so everyone here knows what to look for.
    Its not something that be captured in a picture. The screen is a little bit loose and clicks against the base. It's similar to what the old torch did.

RoseBud68 likes this.
    11-10-15 08:15 PM
    I can't post the picture with the app it keeps closing.

11-10-15 08:18 PM
    Its not something that be captured in a picture. The screen is a little bit loose and clicks against the base. It's similar to what the old torch did.

Ok Ops made mention about a noticeable gap and you sad you had the same thing. Thanks for the input.
    11-10-15 08:19 PM

See if you can find a way, I'm sure i'm not the only one that would like to see this.
    11-10-15 08:21 PM

Funny that happened to me earlier.

11-10-15 08:28 PM
    Here is the picture
    11-10-15 08:30 PM
    I can't get the picture to upload even on the desktop version. I will just take it back to the store i got it from tomorrow, hopefully they have more so i can get a new one. They sold out of the 11 they had lucky i reserved one.

11-10-15 08:39 PM
    I think I have a similar issue, new user signed up because I was interested in the Priv and liked the idea of returning to a PKB I traded my Lumia 1520 in towards it.

I don't really get any audible clicks (unless I squeeze it with more force) although my unit on the bottom right when the screen is down I am able to squeeze/press and it has a bit of "play"/pushes downwards a bit and on my left side it is completely firm when I squeeze/press on the left side of the screen/phone along the bottom edge it is solid.

I can try and get a video up soon if it is visible I purchased mine through AT&T and would be curious if this would be acceptable to ask for a replacement.

*WILL A MOD LET ME BYPASS 10 POST LIMIT TO SHOW ISSUE, I CAN'T POST LINKS!

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited by Whiteboy_Brown; 11-10-15 at 09:21 PM.
    BogzAldon likes this.
    11-10-15 08:56 PM
    I have the same problem with mine. Lower left side clicks when I use the virtual keyboard.

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1
    11-10-15 11:28 PM
    One of the tester Privs we got at work had this same issue. The screen didn't seem to be properly seated, causing it to click when tapping the bottom-left side of the screen. Also as a result, vibration alerts made an unpleasant buzzing noise.

We sent it back and the replacement unit didn't have the same issue. I'd peg it as a defect and return it for a new one.
    11-11-15 01:29 AM
    Alright everyone.. Myself and a friend had the same issue and we were able to resolve it.

I think it may have something to do with the device getting off track a bit and it causes the lower (in my case left) area of the screen to lift a bit and click while typing.

*WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MESS UP*

^This being said, I don't think you can really mess it up unless your go all Hulk on it.

Fixing the issue is simple. Hold the bottom of the device firmly and slightly flex the top of the device towards the opposite side of the clicking. So in my case I held the bottom of the device firm and I lightly flexed the device to the right. The device is still straight with no bends and it doesn't click anymore.

Please reply with your experiences to see if this helps or not.

-mrfreeze
    Last edited by mrfreeze; 11-11-15 at 09:14 AM.
    11-11-15 08:56 AM
    It fixed it for me. No more screen tapping at the bottom.

I think the tolerances are very tight and if something gets a little out of whack, some play develops in the screen.

mrfreeze and kertong like this.
    11-11-15 09:07 AM
    Any fixes if the whole bottom portion clicks with the slider open? I don't want to exchange this one if I don't have to. I don't have any battery, and overheating issues like I've seen in the forums.
    11-11-15 09:34 AM
    Any fixes if the whole bottom portion clicks with the slider open? I don't want to exchange this one if I don't have to. I don't have any battery, and overheating issues like I've seen in the forums.
    Probably similar to what I described above. Do one side a bit and see if it helps and then try the other side. Its probably a little off track or something.
    11-11-15 09:39 AM
    Probably similar to what I described above. Do one side a bit and see if it helps and then try the other side. Its probably a little off track or something.
    Are you doing this with the slider open, or closed?
    11-11-15 09:40 AM
    Are you doing this with the slider open, or closed?
    Closed. Good question.
    11-11-15 10:12 AM
    Mine clicks on both right and left. Ever so slightly, but it is noticeable. Also my power button is too flush to the device. And my SYM key on the keyboard only has proper backlight on half of it.

I left my support phone number page at home. Can someone share it?
    11-11-15 10:16 AM
    I'm having this same problem all down the left side of my phone. Can't seem to fix it
    11-11-15 10:59 AM
    Had the slightly loose bottom on both sides and just did the fix with the phone closed and after some tweaks they are evenly tighter now. The sliding feels and sounds different/better too. For me the concern is the future use and wear - will it get worse and eventually unfixable?

This is my 3rd Priv. YES 3rd. First one was damaged by a faulty Blackberry sliding cover and the second one was going crazy with interactions after I slid up to use the physical keyboard. I wouldn't even be touching the screen or keyboard and the screen would move left to right or up and down depending if I was in an app or on the home screen.

I love this phone and spent too much time setting it up and will only return it if I have to.
    11-11-15 11:52 AM
    Alright everyone.. Myself and a friend had the same issue and we were able to resolve it.

I think it may have something to do with the device getting off track a bit and it causes the lower (in my case left) area of the screen to lift a bit and click while typing.

*WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MESS UP*

^This being said, I don't think you can really mess it up unless your go all Hulk on it.

Fixing the issue is simple. Hold the bottom of the device firmly and slightly flex the top of the device towards the opposite side of the clicking. So in my case I held the bottom of the device firm and I lightly flexed the device to the right. The device is still straight with no bends and it doesn't click anymore.

Please reply with your experiences to see if this helps or not.

-mrfreeze
    Worked on mine! Great tip. Thanks.
    mickyblue147 likes this.
    11-11-15 12:01 PM
    Had the slightly loose bottom on both sides and just did the fix with the phone closed and after some tweaks they are evenly tighter now. The sliding feels and sounds different/better too. For me the concern is the future use and wear - will it get worse and eventually unfixable?

This is my 3rd Priv. YES 3rd. First one was damaged by a faulty Blackberry sliding cover and the second one was going crazy with interactions after I slid up to use the physical keyboard. I wouldn't even be touching the screen or keyboard and the screen would move left to right or up and down depending if I was in an app or on the home screen.

I love this phone and spent too much time setting it up and will only return it if I have to.
    Did you twist it both ways since you're loose on both lower corners? Not sure I follow how the directions should work if you're loose on both corners.
    11-11-15 12:46 PM
60 123