I can verify.... Factory reset doesn't help.

It is the worst Blackberry phone I have ever had, for performance. The over heated (which it didn't have, until I had an update start over heating it). The port is pretty much gone. I have one single charge for my e-reader that works.. but that is not working well, now.
    I can't seem to get a powerful enough charger and a cord that doesn't slip from it.

A bit disappointed. And I am dying for the new phones to come out. I am retired and don't need a business phone (keytwo). I will probably want the next phone they bring out this year. But with my port giving me problems, I don't think it will make it. Which means, I will have to get a phone from another Company. As much as I could get the keytwo, I really think it's a business phone. I wanted to test the phone a bit more at the Kitchener event but they guy wouldn't let me

EDIT: and my son's phone had a red line. before the year was up, he called and they didn't recognize the number on the bill. We bought it from BB but they didn't recognize it. He called. Then I called. So he wasn't able to get the fixed even though he should have been able to
    @towngirl, I had been following your charge port problems, because after a couple years of flawless (though overheated) PRIV operation, my phone also would no longer charge. I disassembled, and (being an electronics guy) looked at the damage. I believe a faulty aftermarket USB cable/charger was the culprit. I have found that if I turn off the phone completely at night, it will do a slow charge and be at 100% in the morning. I've also bought the parts to add wireless charging to see if that will help, but haven't had the time yet to make the modification.

So this is how I would rate the PRIV:

Design /aesthetics: 9
    Performance: 5. It's slow, and overheats
    Battery life: 4
    Display: 9
    Camera: 7
    Speaker: 7
    Physical keyboard : 6
    Reliability /ruggedness: 8. This is because it was dropped onto rocks and floors and sand, kicked, dunked in the bathtub, and still did very well.

On a side note, I am typing this on the Motion, which I have had for business for the past 3 months. I barely use my personal phone(s) now because of the Work Mode feature and the pleasure of using the phone. I rate the Motion:

Design /aesthetics: 8
    Performance: 9
    Battery life: 10
    Display: 8
    Camera: 9
    Speaker: 6
    Virtual keyboard : 10
    Reliability /ruggedness: 8
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-16-18 09:26 PM
    @towngirl, I had been following your charge port problems, because after a couple years of flawless (though overheated) PRIV operation, my phone also would no longer charge. I disassembled, and (being an electronics guy) looked at the damage. I believe a faulty aftermarket USB cable/charger was the culprit. I have found that if I turn off the phone completely at night, it will do a slow charge and be at 100% in the morning. I've also bought the parts to add wireless charging to see if that will help, but haven't had the time yet to make the modification.

Maybe faulty aftermarket USB cable/charger.

At home, I used my Priv charger. Until recently when it died. And I had the problems using that charger

I left the charger at home, when I went away (so I didn't lose it).

Could even be bad car charger. You cannot buy a good car charger or home charger. I tried to order Priv chargers but they were sold out. Where I live, the bestbuy has crappy ones.

If they make a phone that needs a certain model of charger, they should always sell that charger. Amazon was the only option to buy and I bought the more powerful charger.

CB shop didn't have it. BlackBerry didn't have it. Unlike my husband who will buy anything to charge his phone, I prefer to buy the real thing... if I can find it.

However, there is a problem with needed a port. It doesn't hold a charger inside. It disconnects .. Charges, over and over
    06-17-18 08:43 AM

So this is how I would rate the PRIV:

Design /aesthetics: 9
    Performance: 5. It's slow, and overheats
    Battery life: 4
    Display: 9
    Camera: 7
    Speaker: 7
    Physical keyboard : 6
    Reliability /ruggedness: 8. This is because it was dropped onto rocks and floors and sand, kicked, dunked in the bathtub, and still did very well.

On a side note, I am typing this on the Motion, which I have had for business for the past 3 months. I barely use my personal phone(s) now because of the Work Mode feature and the pleasure of using the phone. I rate the Motion:

Design /aesthetics: 8
    Performance: 9
    Battery life: 10
    Display: 8
    Camera: 9
    Speaker: 6
    Virtual keyboard : 10
    Reliability /ruggedness: 8
    I was thinking about this. I don't think this after market cables. It didn't start to do this until I needed a new port.

And the time doesn't relate.

I do believe it's better to use the real ones. But after your in the box charger go kaput, and you can't buy the real ones, there is nothing left for you to use.
    06-18-18 06:40 AM
    I was thinking about this. I don't think this after market cables. It didn't start to do this until I needed a new port.

And the time doesn't relate.

I do believe it's better to use the real ones. But after your in the box charger go kaput, and you can't buy the real ones, there is nothing left for you to use.
    You may want to try an old charger from an old phone (such as Nokia). I'm using my old charger from my friend's old Nokia/Lumia 920 with absolutely no problem.

You might be able to buy one at a second hand phone store.

Good luck.
    06-18-18 06:17 PM
    You may want to try an old charger from an old phone (such as Nokia). I'm using my old charger from my friend's old Nokia/Lumia 920 with absolutely no problem.

You might be able to buy one at a second hand phone store.

Good luck.
    I don't have one. And they don't have enough power.

Waiting to buy a new phone. I am hoping it lasts until all the BB phones are out, this year. So I can choose. If it totally dies, I am getting a G7. I have a few days it wouldn't charge. If it does that again...
    06-18-18 06:48 PM
    Doesn't matter what charger I use, it is hit or miss. I get excited how fast it charges one day, the next day I lose charge because it keeps disconnecting and keeping the screen on.

My friend said it could be a corroded USB port. I'll try cleaning it and see what happens. the YouTube reviews say the same thing though, the port is weak.
    06-18-18 06:54 PM
    The headache for me is I use it for work, I need it all day, and I want to watch a few videos here and there to start and end the day. Today the thing nearly died at work, even though I started at 100 percent. I had it plugged in and it drained unbeknownst to me.
    06-18-18 06:56 PM
    I don't have one. And they don't have enough power.

Waiting to buy a new phone. I am hoping it lasts until all the BB phones are out, this year. So I can choose. If it totally dies, I am getting a G7. I have a few days it wouldn't charge. If it does that again...
    Yes, the Priv is starting to show it's age from wear and tear. My screen blacks out periodically and my charging port is starting to become loose. I have a Dtek 60 which runs fine but is stuck on Android M and will probably have the Security updates end at the end of this year. I saw the Key2 but I can not bring myself to part with $650.00usd for the mid-tier 660 processor which is over a year old, last years lcd screen from the K1, no water resistance. It would come down to if I want that keyboard...I can live without it. I would gladly pay $50.00 to $100.00 more and buy the LG G7.

I brought a brand new LG V20 late last year because I refused to buy the keyone for that high price point . Reports of screen popping out, bad signal, call qaulity is not what I want in a business phone. I was using the 60 recently as a daily driver but has put it in the drawer as the V20 has better call quality, better dual cameras, IR blaster, better, bigger brighter HD LCD screen, Audio Hi-Fi DAC, Removable 3200 Mah battery, is on Android N and is about to get Android O. I was going to get the LG G7 but will hold onto the V20 until 2019. Heck, the V20 out spec the new KEY2 unless you want that keyboard. Even the Key2 battery longevity adavantage is a draw as you can pop a charged battery into the V20 at 7pm and you are back at 100%.

I am not sure what the 2nd phone from Blackberry Mobile will be this year but as for me...I am not holding my breath.

Oh...back to topic. I would rate the Priv overall a 7. The design and aesthetics would bring it up over average despite of the bad 808 processor. The screen, rear camera and pkb option were the highlights of the Priv.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 06-18-18 at 09:18 PM.
    06-18-18 07:50 PM
    Love my priv, yes it has some heating problems, not the latest android software, these things don't worry me. I posted before how much I love when I slide out the pkb and people look at me strangely and enquire what the phone is. I proudly show its a blackberry. Blackberrys are rare here in the emerald Isle. I'd give it a solid 9. I will continue using it till it dies and probably buy a refurbished one. For after sale services, with the phone being a rarity here in Ire, there is really no services, but the last update came through about a month a go.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-19-18 12:16 PM
    I have been using this simultaneously with an iPhone 6th, maybe I am just so used to iOS and I have made habits out of that platform. That aside, the priv has slowed down to an unbearable state that made me switch to the iPhone as my main, a year after using PRIV as main. I have tried a factory reset and installing less apps but to no avail. I wouldn't consider myself a heavy user but waiting for the apps to function is just nuts. My iPhone would just run circles around it without fail even today. The upsides is that it can be a very nice hand warmer during winter, pkb, the supposed security, decent main camera, I love the picture password and bigger screen. But other than that, I wouldn't use it as my main phone. Call me an apple fanboy but this is my opinion, YMMV and I rate it a 4.

Edit: got my dates wrong
    06-20-18 07:15 AM
    The headache for me is I use it for work, I need it all day, and I want to watch a few videos here and there to start and end the day. Today the thing nearly died at work, even though I started at 100 percent. I had it plugged in and it drained unbeknownst to me.
    Same... even not watching vid., the battery did not last long after a few months in. Couldn't get through the work day.

Of course, now it's way worst. I can use it at home but I can't take it out, too much. Can't charge it in car because the port disconnects and reconnect. It bleeps between connect to disconnect. And the car charger, while it's 3.2 or whatever it's called, barely gives it a charge.

Started doing disconnects and reconnect so I bought a whole bunch of usb plugs. None works.

Anyway............ soon it will be a new phone

I just don't think the keytwo will be a good enough camera (for me). Probably won't be BB. Unless they have another phone out SOON. And it probably won't be soon. I keep stringing this phone along, hoping
    06-20-18 09:03 AM
    Same... even not watching vid., the battery did not last long after a few months in. Couldn't get through the work day.

Of course, now it's way worst. I can use it at home but I can't take it out, too much. Can't charge it in car because the port disconnects and reconnect. It bleeps between connect to disconnect. And the car charger, while it's 3.2 or whatever it's called, barely gives it a charge.

Started doing disconnects and reconnect so I bought a whole bunch of usb plugs. None works.

Anyway............ soon it will be a new phone

I just don't think the keytwo will be a good enough camera (for me). Probably won't be BB. Unless they have another phone out SOON. And it probably won't be soon. I keep stringing this phone along, hoping
    Other than Key2? The rumored Key2 Lite will be lower specs. You might as well go shopping now.
    06-20-18 09:33 AM
    Other than Key2? The rumored Key2 Lite will be lower specs. You might as well go shopping now.
    I am not getting a Lite. I am shopping lol.

There is a slab phone in the works. That one could be it. But I don't know when it will come out. Probably not soon enough. And if the Albert Degin phone (rumored as legit) ever comes out, I plan to get that no matter what phone I have. Old or new - getting it. Presuming it will have a good camera as it did in the concept. (But that one is at least a year or more)

I do have to keep talking myself out of the keytwo because I don't think it's a good enough camrea for me. I am retired ... my needs of specs in phones has changed. And a good camrea is top of the list. Battery is runner-up.
    06-20-18 09:58 AM

There is a slab phone in the works. That one could be it. But I don't know when it will come out. Probably not soon enough. And if the Albert Degin phone (rumored as legit) ever comes out, I plan to get that no matter what phone I have. Old or new - getting it. Presuming it will have a good camera as it did in the concept. (But that one is at least a year or more)

I do have to keep talking myself out of the keytwo because I don't think it's a good enough camrea for me. I am retired ... my needs of specs in phones has changed. And a good camrea is top of the list. Battery is runner-up.
    The rumored VKB, Motion 2, is sometime next year. The name doesn't exist nor do any specs. After the Motion, I don't think carriers are interested with BlackBerry VKB or Slider devices. Since BBMo/TCL is shooting for the carriers, I suspect anything beyond Key2 and Key2 Lite is more speculation and wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-18 10:49 AM
    @towngirl, I had been following your charge port problems, because after a couple years of flawless (though overheated) PRIV operation, my phone also would no longer charge. I disassembled, and (being an electronics guy) looked at the damage. I believe a faulty aftermarket USB cable/charger was the culprit.

Out of curiosity, where do you get faulty aftermarket cables? So I don't buy them again.

I was buying at a place CB suggested. For cables. I used my own priv charger until it died recently. My car charger was from bestbuy.
    06-20-18 05:26 PM

If the camera is your priority then maybe you should consider the Google "Pixel 2" . The price has significantly drop as there is rumours of a Pixel 3 to be released before the end of the year.

Reviews has it to be the best camera currently on an Android phone.

Good luck.
    06-22-18 10:39 AM
    I would rate the priv as a 6 as my experience with the phone. It's just a smartphone nothing more nothing less. I didn't have any after sales service but I would rate it as a 2 because I bought the phone in November 2017 the phone was EOLed in the next month. Making me a bit upset since I was led to believe that the phone would continue to receive updates in 2017 due to the fact that it made a list put out by Google stating it was one of the most secure and updated phones for 2017
    When a manufacturer says they will support it with upgrades for 2 years, it should be 2 years from the date it was taken OFF the market, not from when it started selling.
    08-10-18 07:31 PM
    On a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate your experience with your PRIV?

On a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate your experience with the after sales service you had for your PRIV?

Thanks to all for your attention.
    8 (device)
    1 (after sales service)
    the_boon likes this.
    08-11-18 08:12 AM
    When a manufacturer says they will support it with upgrades for 2 years, it should be 2 years from the date it was taken OFF the market, not from when it started selling.
    Lol, yeah right
    08-12-18 10:12 AM
    Phone 9.
    Large screen is brilliant.
    Have had very good service contacting BlackBerry Help on twitter @blackberryhelp. Had problems getting the monthly updates on BlackBerry UK shop phone and after BlackBerryHelp checked and rechecked the setup, they found an error and sorted it. AAW068 came through very quickly.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-13-18 05:11 AM
    Nothing is perfect but the PRIV is close I rate it an 8. And still in use with latest apps all working well. Why don't BlackBerry promote this iconic model. I bought it and pay Virgin just £10 a month for the SIM. Best decision I ever made.
    08-13-18 04:07 PM
    Just picked one up on eBay for a 3rd line since Verizon won’t whitelist the K2.
    08-14-18 03:15 AM
    Phone 9.
    Large screen is brilliant.
    Have had very good service contacting BlackBerry Help on twitter @blackberryhelp. Had problems getting the monthly updates on BlackBerry UK shop phone and after BlackBerryHelp checked and rechecked the setup, they found an error and sorted it. AAW068 came through very quickly.
    Would it be possible to share with everyone what the error was that BlackBerry Help found?

Thanks.
    08-20-18 03:33 PM
    It was about a year ago with phone still in BlackBerry warranty. The monthly updates were delayed each month. Resolution after initial contact on Twitter took a few phone calls from BlackBerry USA and eventually BlackBerry managed to push an update to my phone during a call from them. BlackBerry said a phone setting their end was the problem. Last few monthly updates came through fine, as did AAW068.
    Don't have any more information.
    08-21-18 01:13 AM
99 ... 234