I was just on Bell's website and it is showing the Priv for 349 on a 2 year contract.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 01:56 PM
    I was just on Bell's website and it is showing the Priv for 349 on a 2 year contract.

Posted via CB10
    i noticed that last night too, dam i should have waited a few more days to get one lol
    12-18-15 02:06 PM
    Sadly you need to be stuck on a $60+ contract for 2 years. That works out to be $720 per year (if it's $60/per mo)... You're pretty much paying Bell triple the cost of the phone whereas you can get it from BlackBerry for $1k

This is for new sign ups.. not existing customer.
    12-18-15 02:08 PM
    $50 is a good start. Ideally $299 if I'm getting locked on though.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 02:09 PM
    Sadly you need to be stuck on a $60+ contract for 2 years. That works out to be $720 per year (if it's $60/per mo)... You're pretty much paying Bell triple the cost of the phone whereas you can get it from BlackBerry for $1k

Either way if you bought the phone from blackberry, you would still need roughly a $60+ contract to use it

Posted via CB10
    iorto390 and RyanGermann like this.
    12-18-15 02:15 PM
    Either way if you bought the phone from blackberry, you would still need roughly a $60+ contract to use it

Posted via CB10
    Not if you have a corporate plan or go with WIND at $39
    12-18-15 02:18 PM
    Not if you have a corporate plan or go with WIND at $39
    How is winds service in the GTA though? I can live with 4G since even Rogers LTE is spotty in most places.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 02:20 PM
    How is winds service in the GTA though? I can live with 4G since even Rogers LTE is spotty in most places.

Posted via CB10
    Knowing friends on WIND.

- Downtown Core Toronto is great reception and call quality
    - Markham/Richmond Hill area is good reception and call quality is "ok"
    - Stouffville/Aurora/Newmarket area is poor reception, unless you're in the center of the town. Call quality is poor

I take the train to downtown everyday and Rogers LTE is crap on the GoTransit line. Now I wish I was on Bell..
    12-18-15 02:22 PM
    Knowing friends on WIND.

- Downtown Core Toronto is great reception and call quality
    - Markham/Richmond Hill area is good reception and call quality is "ok"
    - Stouffville/Aurora/Newmarket area is poor reception, unless you're in the center of the town. Call quality is poor

I take the train to downtown everyday and Rogers LTE is crap on the GoTransit line. Now I wish I was on Bell..
    Okay seeing as the first two are my main regions of use that bodes well. Would probably be a bit annoying if travelling though. Like to Windsor for example.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 02:24 PM
    Okay seeing as the first two are my main regions of use that bodes well. Would probably be a bit annoying if travelling though. Like to Windsor for example.

Posted via CB10
    I would hold out though. If SHAW does purchase WIND. Who knows what they'll do with the prices. Could jack it up to $50-$70 (still cheaper than Roger/Bell/Telus) to meet their $1.6 billion purchase.
    12-18-15 02:26 PM
    I would hold out though. If SHAW does purchase WIND. Who knows what they'll do with the prices. Could jack it up to $50-$70 (still cheaper than Roger/Bell/Telus) to meet their $1.6 billion purchase.
    True. I'd probably end up sticking with Rogers at the end of the day, but hope Shaw doesn't change wind for the worse in terms of pricing.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 03:27 PM
    If you buy it from Costco you get another $75 cash card.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 03:33 PM
    Just was at bell and they said likely to go down even more during boxing day or week.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    rarsen likes this.
    12-18-15 04:09 PM
    Just was at bell and they said likely to go down even more during boxing day or week.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Perfect! This is what I was holding out for.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 05:20 PM
    True. I'd probably end up sticking with Rogers at the end of the day, but hope Shaw doesn't change wind for the worse in terms of pricing.

Posted via CB10
    Shaw has stated publicly that it's keeping Wind's pricing structure.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    12-18-15 05:32 PM

Like that means anything LOL
    12-19-15 12:09 AM

That really doesn't mean anything if Shaw doesn't do something about the poor coverage

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 06:38 AM

Ehhh you forget to account for the service !

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 06:40 AM

I have been on a contract with them since 2008, so I did not really get "stuck" for 2 years with them. I got the phone on launch day, and that morning I called Bell customer service, told them how long I have been with them, and they gave me a $100 discount on it.

So, I was already on contract, I still got the same monthly price, but I got my Priv for $300. Not bad at all I think. If you've been with Bell for a while, ask them for a discount, if you get a nice agent, they may give it to you.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-19-15 08:00 AM