Disable all the BlackBerry apps and install Google's more lightweight Go apps. Like a whole new device.. Kinda defeats the purpose but if you have a Priv you're just using as a spare device, it's a fun experiment. Ditch the Hub, kill off the BB apps, install a lighter launcher like Lawnchar and watch the Priv fly.
    03-14-18 04:19 PM
    what made you decide to do this, I am just curious
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-14-18 04:56 PM
    If you disable those apps, it's even better in keyone lol.
    03-14-18 06:23 PM
    That's pretty sad because I own the note 8, s8 plus the LG V20 and a few other devices and I have the hub suite on all those and they run great it's only the blackberrys that run like crap..
    03-14-18 06:44 PM
    Disable all the BlackBerry apps and install Google's more lightweight Go apps. Like a whole new device.. Kinda defeats the purpose but if you have a Priv you're just using as a spare device, it's a fun experiment. Dicth the Hub, kill off the BB apps, install a lighter launcher like Lawnchar and watch the Priv fly.
    But I totally agree with you.. The Priv becomes a beast.
    03-14-18 06:45 PM
    what made you decide to do this, I am just curious
    Priv was just sitting on my desk, unused and unloved, figured I'd mess around with it out of curiosity.
    03-14-18 06:56 PM
    That's what I did long time ago together with installing Nova launcher and Sesame shortcuts. It feels faster than my K1.
    Then I tried to do the same with the K1 and it just flies XD Looks better than a Galaxy S8 or iPhone X.
    But I want the hub, so...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-15-18 01:23 AM
    i solved this only with other launcher
    03-15-18 02:46 AM
    I disabled the Hub months ago and just use Blue Mail and Textra. works like a champ, even if it's 2 apps taking the place of 1. was a lot more stable and responsive.

I replaced the BlackBerry launcher with Evie Launcher and it sped things up quite a bit.
    03-15-18 04:39 AM
    That's what I did long time ago together with installing Nova launcher and Sesame shortcuts. It feels faster than my K1.
    Then I tried to do the same with the K1 and it just flies XD Looks better than a Galaxy S8 or iPhone X.
    But I want the hub, so...
    What do you mean by the XD looks better?
    03-15-18 08:44 AM
    I disabled the Hub months ago and just use Blue Mail and Textra. works like a champ, even if it's 2 apps taking the place of 1. was a lot more stable and responsive.

I replaced the BlackBerry launcher with Evie Launcher and it sped things up quite a bit.
    I disabled everything except for the BlackBerry Launcher, I'm using Nova but is there a way to disable the BlackBerry Launcher also?
    03-15-18 08:45 AM
    What do you mean by the XD looks better?
    XD pretended to be and emoji (like lol), sorry.
    hoytbowhunter and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-15-18 09:05 AM
    XD pretended to be and emoji (like lol), sorry.
    lol I see.
    03-15-18 10:07 AM
    I disabled everything except for the BlackBerry Launcher, I'm using Nova but is there a way to disable the BlackBerry Launcher also?
    I don't think you have to disable it, just installing and using a different one does the trick.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    03-15-18 03:35 PM
    I don't think you have to disable it, just installing and using a different one does the trick.
    If I am not mistaken, Installing one over it does not remove the BlackBerry launcher. It just runs on top. Can someone confirm this? I am OK to remove it if speeds things up.
    Does that remove hub shortcut from swipe up?
    03-15-18 09:52 PM
    Disable all the BlackBerry apps and install Google's more lightweight Go apps. Like a whole new device.. Kinda defeats the purpose but if you have a Priv you're just using as a spare device, it's a fun experiment. Ditch the Hub, kill off the BB apps, install a lighter launcher like Lawnchar and watch the Priv fly.
    It's funny you happen to post this today because lately Priv has been running even worse than last time I had to wipe it. It's extremely inconsistent.

Although I wouldn't mind trying this, only reason I am still using Priv and Note 8 is because of built in BlackBerry apps like keyboard and hub and more useful BlackBerry contacts.

Do you have alternatives you can recommend? I tried other email apps but nothing came even close to BlackBerry email with Hub.

Also does restarting Priv restart apps? Do you have a guide?

Thanks again and I hope we can make our price usable again. It crawls even as I type this message. It cannot keep up, eventually stalls until words appear.

Long emails are freezing my hub.

The condition Priv is now is the reason I didn't want to buy KeyOne.
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 03-15-18 at 10:56 PM.
    Xavier Folgado likes this.
    03-15-18 09:56 PM
    Priv was just sitting on my desk, unused and unloved, figured I'd mess around with it out of curiosity.
    But it sounds like you only used it to unlove it more! Lol
    03-15-18 10:50 PM
    Does pkb work after disabling bb apps?
    03-16-18 01:19 AM
    Blaze I disabled the Hub Suite and Services and I noticed the Contacts app don't work, what all can I disable and should I install another Contacts app?
    03-16-18 07:35 AM
    Blaze I disabled the Hub Suite and Services and I noticed the Contacts app don't work, what all can I disable and should I install another Contacts app?
    hoybowhunter: I got my first Priv just a few weeks ago, I think all the common apps are bb, and google has it's own apps you'll need to replace all the bb apps. I'm actually stumbled upon this post a few minutes ago and will be trying this out. I averse to Google apps myself and use Signal to replace Text, use proton mail to replace gmail, use navfree to replace google maps, use VLC to replace google music and movie players, I've also been using APKPure to get Apps and stay out of Play Store.
    03-16-18 08:05 AM
    hoybowhunter: I got my first Priv just a few weeks ago, I think all the common apps are bb, and google has it's own apps you'll need to replace all the bb apps. I'm actually stumbled upon this post a few minutes ago and will be trying this out. I averse to Google apps myself and use Signal to replace Text, use proton mail to replace gmail, use navfree to replace google maps, use VLC to replace google music and movie players, I've also been using APKPure to get Apps and stay out of Play Store.
    I see, thanks so much for the info. I'm like you I try to stay clear of Google as much as I can.
    03-16-18 08:17 AM
    I see, thanks so much for the info. I'm like you I try to stay clear of Google as much as I can.
    I installed lawnchair, went into settings/Apps and forced stop and disable all BB Apps except Camera and Keyboard. Downloaded, Google 'Contacts and Google Calendar. Took 10 minutes but up front I see it's worth it! Also force stop BB Launcher.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    03-16-18 09:00 AM
    I installed lawnchair, went into settings/Apps and forced stop and disable all BB Apps except Camera and Keyboard. Downloaded, Google 'Contacts and Google Calendar. Took 10 minutes but up front I see it's worth it! Also force stop BB Launcher.
    Not having the BlackBerry Calendar sucks though lol. It's hard to beat.
    03-16-18 09:17 AM
    Not having the BlackBerry Calendar sucks though lol. It's hard to beat.
    I'd say keep that App, I don't think, but don't know if it requires HUB to function, try it!
    03-16-18 09:20 AM
    I'd say keep that App, I don't think, but don't know if it requires HUB to function, try it!
    It won't open from the productivity swipe.
    03-16-18 09:28 AM
71 123