Suggestions on what the best way to do it would be great, especially because I'm using a Mac.

Thanks in advance!
    04-10-17 05:53 PM
    Hello before doing any backup you need to clear cache and also data. Go into settings, storage and USB, Internal storage
    >clear cache
    You should do this about once a month
    Data you have to go into each data individual and clear data. This will revert app to status when you first installed app.
    After clearing cache and data do a 32 second press of power button. This simulates a battery. Good luck
    04-10-17 08:17 PM
    Hello before doing any backup you need to clear cache and also data. Go into settings, storage and USB, Internal storage
    >clear cache
    You should do this about once a month
    Data you have to go into each data individual and clear data. This will revert app to status when you first installed app.
    After clearing cache and data do a 32 second press of power button. This simulates a battery. Good luck
    You mean this is an alternative instead of doing backup, reset, restore?
    04-10-17 09:04 PM
    You mean this is an alternative instead of doing backup, reset, restore?
    I THINK it means try it and see how things run. If it does not clear up the issues, then the more drastic backup, etc would apply.

If I recall, in some cases clearing data may wipe out not only email addresses (you'll have to restore) but also can erase NOTES data. But you might want confirmation on that.
    04-10-17 11:05 PM
    I clear the device cache without (known) loss of data/app info.

I go to settings, storage and usb, cached data, as rico said above.

My suggestion is to start by doing this, then turn device off for 2 or 3 minutes, turn it on and see if issues are resolved.
    04-11-17 12:20 AM
    I THINK it means try it and see how things run. If it does not clear up the issues, then the more drastic backup, etc would apply.

If I recall, in some cases clearing data may wipe out not only email addresses (you'll have to restore) but also can erase NOTES data. But you might want confirmation on that.
    When you clear APP data it just reverts app to when you first installed. This means any settings you put like say in a game. You do not loose any emails or any critical information. For more information about you can look up in Google Re clearing cache / data in Android device.
    04-11-17 01:01 AM
    When you clear APP data it just reverts app to when you first installed. This means any settings you put like say in a game. You do not loose any emails or any critical information. For more information about you can look up in Google Re clearing cache / data in Android device.
    I CLEARED something about a week into the Priv. I don't recall what. I had to resetup all my email accounts, twitter, and my Notes data disappeared. I needed to use Content Transfer again to restore some stuff.
    04-11-17 08:25 AM
    I CLEARED something about a week into the Priv. I don't recall what. I had to resetup all my email accounts, twitter, and my Notes data disappeared. I needed to use Content Transfer again to restore some stuff.
    I have cleared APP DATA for example You Tube as it was running erratic. Fixed it. But had no other issues with emails. As clearing DATA was app by app.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:46 AM
    When I had a lagging device I saw my internal storage was close to the limit (about 21-22 GB used). Clearing the cache only partially helped, but deleting pictures and videos taken made a big difference. I now store pics+videos only on my SD card, which leaves enough headroom on the internal storage for whatever Android needs to do there ...
    anon(3641385) and FF22 like this.
    04-11-17 09:13 AM
    Good point @DirkSteinkamp I follow the same routine. But in my case since set 128gb card as shared storage and all media goes direct to card.
    04-11-17 09:16 AM
    Don't do a factory reset. The effects will only last a few days. Not worth the time and effort.
    heading4tomorrow and olee2222 like this.
    04-11-17 09:19 AM
    So... this got confusing. Some people lost all emails, etc... and some people didn't. Doesn't BlackBerry have a clean and tidy way of doing this like they used to in the BlackBerry Link days?

I am scared of having the re-install and re-configure things. It's one thing to do logins, but another to manually install emails again.
    04-11-17 12:17 PM
    Don't do a factory reset. The effects will only last a few days. Not worth the time and effort.
    I agree. I tried it a month or so ago and it was really not worth the effort. It runs great for a little while but you have to be careful what you load back onto it. Android is a good OS for keeping itself clean but Apps can muck up the works. Even Verizon Messenger+ really messed up my phone after the reset.

Just my $.02
    olee2222 likes this.
    04-11-17 02:11 PM
    I tried warning folks months ago it was pointless and a placebo more than anything. Bottom line is, a $700 device shouldn't require a factory reset to operate correctly.
    04-11-17 02:13 PM
    So... this got confusing. Some people lost all emails, etc... and some people didn't. Doesn't BlackBerry have a clean and tidy way of doing this like they used to in the BlackBerry Link days?

I am scared of having the re-install and re-configure things. It's one thing to do logins, but another to manually install emails again.
    Did you try clearing the device cache? How much data is in your cache?

Clearing the device cache won't interfere with your hub data, or any other programs.
    04-11-17 03:39 PM
    I tried warning folks months ago it was pointless and a placebo more than anything. Bottom line is, a $700 device shouldn't require a factory reset to operate correctly.
    Your experience is different from mine, I have had positive experiences, and have successfully worked my way through stuff.
    04-11-17 03:41 PM
    Your experience is different from mine, I have had positive experiences, and have successfully worked my way through stuff.
    Nothing to work through when the phone constantly uses 95- 99 percent RAM and most of it comes from the OS and System UI. That's just poor optimization on the developers part.
    04-11-17 04:08 PM
    Nothing to work through when the phone constantly uses 95- 99 percent RAM and most of it comes from the OS and System UI. That's just poor optimization on the developers part.
    Seems like you need to start your own thread and we'll continue to try to assist this OP.
    04-11-17 04:17 PM
    Not sure what your point is here. My wife's S7EDGE contant issues, 3 hour sot, lag...and guess what Samsung service said yes a factory reset..so €900 device with factory reset.
    Let's try to help OP and avoid crash and burn comments.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 04:40 PM
    Not sure what your point is here. My wife's S7EDGE contant issues, 3 hour sot, lag...and guess what Samsung service said yes a factory reset..so €900 device with factory reset.
    Let's try to help OP and avoid crash and burn comments.

Posted via CB10
    As has been stated, the factory reset only helps for limited amount of time. The issues he lists are very common with this phone.
    04-11-17 04:54 PM
    As has been stated, the factory reset only helps for limited amount of time. The issues he lists are very common with this phone.
    For those that somewhat regularly clear the device cache, this sorts out a lot of stuff.
    04-11-17 04:57 PM
    We have more than 15 PRIVS at office and not had these issues.

What experience have you had with your PRIV?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 04:58 PM
    I did a hard reboot when I was having issues a number of months ago and lost a number of the contacts, but I think they were saved as local contacts. Actually I think my problem stemmed from the carrier's Sim because I got an "upgrade Sim" message. It was a T-Mobile Sim and they gave me a new one free of charge, because it was their issue.
    04-11-17 05:07 PM
    We have more than 15 PRIVS at office and not had these issues.

What experience have you had with your PRIV?

Posted via CB10
    Overheating, lag, OS running out of memory. These aren't irregular issues. Just check out many of the re-reviews of the phone that details how it has aged over time. They basically all say the same thing.
    heading4tomorrow and olee2222 like this.
    04-11-17 05:11 PM
    Sounds like you might have uninstalled the hub .....
    04-11-17 05:11 PM
74 123