At first I thought that Marshmallow provided better battery life, but now I'm not too sure. I'm currently at 56% with 1 hour 49 minutes SOT. Sure, it will get me through the day, but barely. I've turned off all useless permissions, but it's not that amazing in my opinion. Hopefully it will get better with app updates.
    05-08-16 02:56 PM
    People getting 7 hours and 6 hours SOT are lucky, I got your normal apps running like Facebook, instagram, etc .but I got quite a few games on the priv, which may be why. I'm going to test again and see, I have a feeling it's blackberry services killing this device.
    05-09-16 01:09 AM
    People getting 7 hours and 6 hours SOT are lucky, I got your normal apps running like Facebook, instagram, etc .but I got quite a few games on the priv, which may be why. I'm going to test again and see, I have a feeling it's blackberry services killing this device.
    Please send us your review/report, etc.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 10:45 AM
    At first I thought that Marshmallow provided better battery life, but now I'm not too sure. I'm currently at 56% with 1 hour 49 minutes SOT. Sure, it will get me through the day, but barely. I've turned off all useless permissions, but it's not that amazing in my opinion. Hopefully it will get better with app updates.
    Matt, that's really disappointing. But, again, we just want more and more reports considering how great the first reports were. Guys, please keep sending your results!

05-09-16 10:48 AM
    can't tell, because my PRIV is basically a brick since Marshmallow installed. So slow and laggy. 10 seconds to open emails or texts. key strokes lag, screen choppy basically unbearable to use and battery is drained fast because something is sucking the life out of an otherwise remarkable device pre marshmallow
    05-09-16 11:18 AM
    Today I'm at 40% with 1 hour 40 minutes SOT.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    05-09-16 03:37 PM
    I found switching off location for Facebook made a huge difference to battery life on MM.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 05:04 PM
    I turned off location for most apps unless absolutely needed.
    Also turn all the google stuff off.

Settings > accounts > google > turn off most if not all everything

Posted via my Priv
    05-09-16 05:22 PM
    Please send us your review/report, etc.

Since the last update BlackBerry services suck more than 20% of my battery. That was not the case before... I have no clue what you changed, but it messed up my SoT from over 6h to 3.5-4h max.

05-09-16 05:24 PM
    It's strange because on Lollipop I couldn't turn the permissions off and the battery seemed to last longer than Marshmallow.

With Marshmallow I have most location services off and it doesn't make much of a difference.

Doze only works if the phone is absolutely still, so it's effectively useless if you're carrying around the phone and not using it.

The App standby feature doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

So.... Marshmallow IMHO only offers a slightly smoother UI experience.

Damn, I thought this would be the one.

05-09-16 06:26 PM
    Autoloader autoloader autoloader

05-10-16 05:00 AM
    Hello

Installed 6.0 last friday. Initially serious deterioration in battery and phone getting super hot. Read the various forums on crackberry and have done the following:

1. Switched off synch on most google stuff
    2. Noticed that the productivity eating battery and i dont use it so have disabled it
    3. Installed cooler master to cool the phone and identify which apps are causing phone to heat up
    4. Switched off 2G option

THis seems to have helped with both both battery life and heating up. But essentially gets me back to where i was with 5.0.

Any other suggestions? Thanks
    05-10-16 10:48 AM
    Updated to MM when available, and I have to be honest, the battery life has improved little, if any, versus version 5. I can still mostly get through a single working day, but I haven't seen the big improvements others have witnessed. I don't see the point in turning off services to save battery - the phone is a work phone and it has to able to help me get stuff done! This is purely a non-scientific comparison, but my Lumia 950 XL with the SIM in seems to get better battery life than the Priv with the SIM removed.
    Last edited by hoovermac; 05-13-16 at 03:37 AM.
    05-12-16 08:57 PM
    Updated to MM when available, and I have to be honest, the battery life has improved little, if any, versus version 5. I can still mostly get through a single working day, but I haven't seen the big improvements other have witnessed. I don't see the point in turning off services to save battery - the phone is a work phone and it has to able to help me get stuff done! This is purely a non-scientific comparison, but my Lumia 950 XL with the SIM in seems to get better battery life than the Priv with the SIM removed.
    I agree with your comments. Marshmallow is not really any more battery efficient than Lollipop.

In fact, I think Lollipop was a little better now that I've had a month to experiment.

Although I will admit that it is a "smoother" OS.

Disappointing overall.

05-12-16 09:01 PM
    For the most part, it definitely is smoother. I had a bunch of lags and a few restarts and lockups right after the update, and they have disappeared. I find the biggest improvement is overnight as the battery loses only a few % now versus 10 or 15% previously.

05-13-16 03:45 AM
    For the most part, it definitely is smoother. I had a bunch of lags and a few restarts and lockups right after the update, and they have disappeared. I find the biggest improvement is overnight as the battery loses only a few % now versus 10 or 15% previously.

I agree. It really improved overnight.

But in the normal daytime use, i don't see an improvement. The phone is capable of SOT between 6-7 hours, as some also experience, but i think the majority has just 4.30-5 hours SOT, which is a shame. I have good battery life in the first 20-30%, where i am on course to the 6-7 hours mark. But then it really starts to drop. In the end i just reach around 4.30-5 hours and i believe that i could potentially get 2 more hours out of it in an optimal scenario.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv or BlackBerry Passport
    05-13-16 06:24 AM
    I have noticed significant improvement not only in longevity of charge but also in the time it takes to charge to 100% since the MM update (Bell Mobility [Canada]) STV100-3).
    05-13-16 09:31 AM
    I have noticed significant improvement not only in longevity of charge but also in the time it takes to charge to 100% since the MM update (Bell Mobility [Canada]) STV100-3).
    Charge time is shortening? Hadn't heard this.

Any new users or new reviews from those who have been able to use mm for a bit, now?

05-15-16 02:16 PM
68 123