I wouldn't be surprised if the Priv ends up costing around 800 USD. The Priv has a 2k Curved screen, a sliding mechanism, and a capacitive keyboard. That's expensive hardware, especially since very few other phones are using them. Not to mention all the R&D BlackBerry had to do to make their first Android phone.
    I'm guessing that future BlackBerry Android phones will be cheaper.
    lift likes this.
    10-11-15 10:33 PM
    No, but Blackberry doesn't need to win me over
    Lol Team Blackberry!
    10-11-15 10:42 PM
    I have a feeling the Priv will only be available with 32GB, or maybe even 64GB (wishful thinking, though). So in that regards the Moto X is actually up to $499.

Moto X Pure Edition now available in 64GB version for $599.99 | Ars Technica

If anything 16GB will be dreadful to use in Android. It's not until Marshmallow they will start allowing apps to be placed on micro SD again.
    I have a 16GB Nexus5: Kit Kat, Lollipop and now Marshmallow have all run flawlessly. With the external microSD slot, 16GB isn't really an issue.

Motorola has already confirmed Marshmallow for the 2015 X
    10-11-15 10:45 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Priv ends up costing around 800 USD. The Priv has a 2k Curved screen, a sliding mechanism, and a capacitive keyboard. That's expensive hardware, especially since very few other phones are using them. Not to mention all the R&D BlackBerry had to do to make their first Android phone.
    If that's the case, They will sink faster than a rock in water.

I can't afford to drop 1k on a phone.
    10-12-15 01:40 AM
    I bet it would go down to 499 on BlackBerry Friday!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 02:34 AM
    I'm guessing this is do or dye, and if this phone doesn't measure up well against the competition... there won't be another Android phone from BlackBerry.

The market doesn't care how much R&D BlackBerry put into this phone, it doesn't care how much more BlackBerry paid for it's parts and it doesn't care about BlackBerry having to pay extra for outsource manufacturing and inventory controls. All the market see is the end results and what the competition is doing. Every individual will weigh the features each manufacture offers, the pricing and the Brand/Marketing ... and make their own decisions
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-15 09:57 AM
    I have a 16GB Nexus5: Kit Kat, Lollipop and now Marshmallow have all run flawlessly. With the external microSD slot, 16GB isn't really an issue.

Motorola has already confirmed Marshmallow for the 2015 X
    Hi dkreeg,

I am considering a Nexus 5X, which has 2GB RAM, but am concerned that 2GB may be insufficient. All the specs I pulled up on your Nexus 5 says that also is 2GB, which seems to be working okay for you.

Can you confirm your 5 has 2GB?

Thanks in advance!!

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    10-12-15 10:23 AM
    Hi dkreeg,

I am considering a Nexus 5X, which has 2GB RAM, but am concerned that 2GB may be insufficient. All the specs I pulled up on your Nexus 5 says that also is 2GB, which seems to be working okay for you.

Can you confirm your 5 has 2GB?

Thanks in advance!!

2GB RAM has been just fine and even better on 6.0. I have yet to see any lag or apps hang--then again I'm not power user, nor play games on it.
    10-12-15 11:43 AM
    16Gb is marginal for app storage these days. You'd think not, and you'd be right up until you want to do something like put an offline map application on the device.

If there's no SD slot then you really have a problem if you like to keep local media. Cloud storage is a crock when you actually want to USE said data and are on a mobile connection that is limited in monthly allocation.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-12-15 11:47 AM
    2GB RAM has been just fine and even better on 6.0. I have yet to see any lag or apps hang--then again I'm not power user, nor play games on it.
    Thanks for the quick reply - I am a "power user", but very minimal gaming, and NO social media crap like FB, Twitter, etc. Pure business use - email, calendar, contacts, GPS mapping (guess now will be Google maps instead of BBMaps).

I would get the 32GB storage version of the 5X.

10-12-15 11:53 AM
    Not, if the kb is plague with double typing
    I don't have double typing on my PP SE. What and how old is your device?
    10-12-15 01:59 PM
    I'm guessing this is do or dye, and if this phone doesn't measure up well against the competition... there won't be another Android phone from BlackBerry.

The market doesn't care how much R&D BlackBerry put into this phone, it doesn't care how much more BlackBerry paid for it's parts and it doesn't care about BlackBerry having to pay extra for outsource manufacturing and inventory controls. All the market see is the end results and what the competition is doing. Every individual will weigh the features each manufacture offers, the pricing and the Brand/Marketing ... and make their own decisions
    Just curious, did you listen to John Chen's recent Re/Code interview video? His strategy is not in line with your wishes.
    10-12-15 02:02 PM
    Just curious, did you listen to John Chen's recent Re/Code interview video? His strategy is not in line with your wishes.
    Yeah I listen to it... I must have miss his whole roadmap of what is to follow the PRIV.

But I think it's my expectations and your expectations are just not synced.

BB10 is dead - he'll provide a couple of updates, but the focus is PRIV.
    PRIV is a highend phone that is really made for regulated industries, but will be made available to the PRIVILEGED consumers. I don't think he has any plans of competing on price - as he agreed at the end, the PRIV will be priced like the iPhones and Galaxy phones at the very high end.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-15 03:10 PM
    I will buy two outright as soon as available if they are $630 each!!!

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-12-15 03:17 PM
    I will buy two outright as soon as available if they are $630 each!!!

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Well it's looking more like $599... if the 3999 RMB price is accurate.
    10-12-15 03:24 PM
    Well it's looking more like $599... if the 3999 RMB price is accurate.
    What if the number is a placeholder, and isn't true at all.
    10-12-15 03:50 PM
    What if the number is a placeholder, and isn't true at all.
    Everything is a what-if at this point, nobody knows except for BlackBerry.
    10-12-15 06:16 PM
    Once people get their hands on this puppy, they won't care what it's called. So get over it and move on.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-12-15 07:38 PM
    Although people are concerned about the price, one of my biggest concerns is the inventory size. Passport last year was out of stock all the time
    10-12-15 09:35 PM
    Although people are concerned about the price, one of my biggest concerns is the inventory size. Passport last year was out of stock all the time
    One does wonder how BlackBerry is going to handle the inventory. Too much and another Z/Q fiasco. Too little, and not only another Passport-like shortage, but insufficient inventory to meet holiday sales demand.
    10-12-15 09:59 PM
    So if we assume the Priv launches at LG G4 price we are looking at:

UK: 479-510�
    US: $599.99
    Canada: $699
    Europe: 599-650�
    India: 44,990 INR
    I hope Blackberry are not releasing the Priv at launch G4 prices as that would be a rip off
    Poor old Blackberry
    Still have not learnt how to price a phone appropriately
    10-13-15 04:31 AM
    I hope Blackberry are not releasing the Priv at launch G4 prices as that would be a rip off
    Poor old Blackberry
    That would make it Iphone 6s priced, and that would be silly.
    10-13-15 04:36 AM
    And people need to stop expecting this phone to be priced less than a used Passport because it runs Android. Do you want BlackBerry to lose money on each unit? Because that's how you lose money on each unit. Parts and R&D alone need to be covered.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-13-15 05:32 AM
    $699 is fine with me. If it is any higher, i'll be pissed but I will still get it. Most people will get it on a two year plan. So really at the end of the day it will be, if like the passport $599 and on plan $249.99, or $699 and on plan $299. Either way, they are pricing it comparable to other high end phones.
    10-13-15 06:11 AM
    Poor old Blackberry
    It has better hardware tham the LG G4, why do you think it's a rip off?
    10-13-15 08:31 AM
113 12345