Mobile Nations is all praise but looks like other sites like engadget, Ars Technica, Tech Crunch are in don't recommend category. Opinion is very different on PKB. Confused - to do or not to do.

Updating with few links to reviews
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-priv-review
    http://www.androidcentral.com/blackberry-priv-review
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/06/b...y-priv-review/
    http://mashable.com/2015/11/06/black...0#2GAGbKNcgaqE
    http://techcrunch.com/2015/11/05/blackbrerry-priv/
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/6/96...w-slider-phone
    http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/201...-to-be-better/
    Last edited by cvendra; 11-06-15 at 02:06 AM.
    11-06-15 12:29 AM
    Mobile Nations is all praise but looks like other sites like engadget, Ars Technica, Tech Crunch are in don't recommend category. Opinion is very different on PKB. Confused - to do or not to do.
    Do it...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:34 AM
    I'm going to give it a go still. Get my pre order and worse case, return it if I don't like it. Just knowing what I like and reading the reviews, I think I'll be fine with the Priv.
    11-06-15 12:35 AM
    Hi
    Honestly, the reviews I'm mostly waiting on, are Lisa's mobiltechreview, Detroitborg's, and Flossys'. Most of these "famous" sites are heavily "appley" influenced. This is coming from a current iphone user.
    11-06-15 12:36 AM
    Is anyone else surprised to see the fairly positive and up-beat mini-review The Verge put up as a stop-gap until their full review?

I honestly expected this from Engadget, but instead what Engadget wrote was a completely biased non-review.
    kertong and nonamenomore like this.
    11-06-15 12:43 AM
    Hi
    Honestly, the reviews I'm mostly waiting on, are Lisa's mobiltechreview, Detroitborg's, and Flossys'. Most of these "famous" sites are heavily "appley" influenced. This is coming from a current iphone user.
    Dude, Flossy is Awesome! I enjoy watching his reviews.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-06-15 12:46 AM
    So far, the reviews I have read have been great. The latest article I have yet to read (that I saw on my BlackBerry Facebook feed) is from the Daily Mirror. I can already tell from their headline, "BlackBerry is back with a bang--we're impressed with the new Priv smartphone" is another winner.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-06-15 12:49 AM
    Lisa and then Flossy, thats my order hehe, yeah Flossy seems like someone you want to have a drink and chat with Cool dude
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-06-15 12:51 AM
    A fair and balanced review from The Register (would have never expected such a good review from them): http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11...review/?page=4

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:00 AM
    I enjoyed going through all the different reviews. Russel (I think...) from Android Central seemed super psyched about the phone, and I'm sure we all saw Mario's piece of sh*t on the Priv.
    11-06-15 01:01 AM
    I'm on the fence. Still two timing with my iPhone 6s+ and Note 5. Lol
    11-06-15 01:02 AM
    Is anyone else surprised to see the fairly positive and up-beat mini-review The Verge put up as a stop-gap until their full review?

I honestly expected this from Engadget, but instead what Engadget wrote was a completely biased non-review.
    That really surprised me especially because first unit they got was a dud.
    11-06-15 01:03 AM
    You have to add a Priv to the mix!

I guess the one thing I didn't understand was that a couple of reviews I had read really just made the camera quality out to seem OK..., but I saw pictures and videos from other reviews that were outstanding.
    11-06-15 01:04 AM
    Simply look at the source... Apple centric... will mostly be negative.... BB will be mixed but positive... the reviews to watch are from the Android sites... as they have a good read on their community... as a commenter on Endgadget said.,.. there is a big difference between a blogger and tech journalist....

To the OP... never ever buy a phone on how people review it... trot on down to a store that has a priv and actually try one.. the only critic that counts is you....
    11-06-15 01:26 AM

To the OP... never ever buy a phone on how people review it... trot on down to a store that has a priv and actually try one.. the only critic that counts is you....
    Sadly, can't do it where I am. I have always had someone bring the phone to me from other countries. From the Palm Pre Plus (as my first smartphone) to Passport, I always bought phones based on reviews and user feedback. And luckily I was always happy. I am looking forward to Mobile Nations user put up their own feedback before going for this. Am trying to see what difference is there compare to other android devices (esp Nexus ).
    11-06-15 02:01 AM
    Another quite good review from Business Insider (I would never have expected such a review from Business Insider since they have bashed Blackberry as a company for years now):
    BlackBerry Priv review - Business Insider
    11-06-15 02:12 AM
    11-06-15 02:15 AM
    A fair and balanced review from The Register (would have never expected such a good review from them): http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11...review/?page=4

Posted via CB10
    Andrew Orlowski, 'gets' BB10 and has experience with the stuff BlackBerry puts out. And actually The Register is a heavy straight up tech site whose audience can smell Bull from a mile away. I was pretty sure it was going to be a good review there.

Bring back random taglines!
    11-06-15 02:19 AM
    The mirror review http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...gadget-6775006

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 giffgaff
    11-06-15 02:24 AM
    A total mix, making it impossible to ascertain how good the device actually is without buying it.

What I expected, really.

I'd exclude anything from Gizmondo and Engadget, because... well, they're awful. I'd have said the same about The Verge, but so far they are seeming unusually balanced.

I really like Ars Technica, so their early 'first impressions' review is worrying.

Predictably, a lot being said about the price. Utterly predictable there. It's priced too high - FACT. I mean, christ - I'm a diehard BlackBerry user, I'm approaching my annual bonus day so it falls perfectly for me to upgrade... but �560 for an Android handset?! Ugh. Just can't bring myself to do it at the moment.
    11-06-15 02:32 AM
    A total mix, making it impossible to ascertain how good the device actually is without buying it.

What I expected, really.

I'd exclude anything from Gizmondo and Engadget, because... well, they're awful. I'd have said the same about The Verge, but so far they are seeming unusually balanced.

I really like Ars Technica, so their early 'first impressions' review is worrying.

Predictably, a lot being said about the price. Utterly predictable there. It's priced too high - FACT. I mean, christ - I'm a diehard BlackBerry user, I'm approaching my annual bonus day so it falls perfectly for me to upgrade... but �560 for an Android handset?! Ugh. Just can't bring myself to do it at the moment.
    Yes I just read through gizmodo little write up. I couldn't even finish it. That Mario guy is an ***** for his reasonings not to like the phone. They weren't even plausable reasons.. disappointed I even clicked the link to their site ... like really the guy obviously took 1 second to try and learn the phone claiming the curved screen serves no purpose

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    11-06-15 02:38 AM
    My go to is AnandTech, everything else i read juat for fun, but nothing really beats hands on time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 02:49 AM
    I actually think given their current toxic brand - the reviews are pretty good and likely in like with what they would expect. The only one I'd be really concerned about if I was BBRY is this one from Zdnet that attacked the central message.
    11-06-15 03:32 AM
    I actually think given their current toxic brand - the reviews are pretty good and likely in like with what they would expect. The only one I'd be really concerned about if I was BBRY is this one from Zdnet that attacked the central message.
    Unfortunately, I would agree with this.

I agree with their definition of 'privacy' and the fact that today's BlackBerry/Android combination doesn't actually protect your privacy in the way most might expect.

That said, personally being a Twitter user (not a Facebook one) I am already fully aware of the fact that the moment you start using any 'social media' apps, you're sacrificing a lot of personal information.
    CranksterBB10 likes this.
    11-06-15 03:58 AM
    I think the Priv has a chance at the full review from The Verge. Not that their opinion is in any way meaningful, but I think Dieter Bohn seems to understand what the Priv is, what BlackBerry was, and what the future of smartphones will be. I think Dieter grows up
    11-06-15 04:36 AM
27 12