I have a PRIV and a switched to a KEY2 a week ago. It's great, but yeah I do miss the beautiful display of the Priv. Still have it as a backup.

Mark my words, I am very sure TCL will bring out a BlackBerry slider. It's the only form factor they have yet to do, and it will be done at some point. There is a demand for sure.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-10-19 07:09 PM
    I have a PRIV and a switched to a KEY2 a week ago. It's great, but yeah I do miss the beautiful display of the Priv. Still have it as a backup.

Mark my words, I am very sure TCL will bring out a BlackBerry slider. It's the only form factor they have yet to do, and it will be done at some point. There is a demand for sure.
    I hope so. It would be the most demanded phone to never be made if TCL decides against it.
    terminatorx likes this.
    01-10-19 07:38 PM
    I hope so. It would be the most demanded phone to never be made if TCL decides against it.
    If the KEY line brings enough stable year over year revenue to continue making phones, then maybe they'd give a shot at a slider down the road.

It's definitely within the realm of possibility
    01-10-19 07:43 PM
    Thank you for the battery information. Right I get 3 hours on a good day with my PRIV. Six hours would be a dream.
    gebco likes this.
    01-11-19 05:41 AM
    Sadly I will soon have to replace my PRIV. Considering the Pixel or a Samsung Galaxy. I don't know anyone with a Pixel and the reviews are split 50/50.

How is your battery life?
    After 3 years with my PRIV I also faced the reality it was time to replace it and get a new device. I also considered the Pixel and Galaxy. Ultimately I opted for the KEY2 and I couldn't be happier... the deciding factor was I just couldn't deal with typing on glass.

Bob
    mlvlatina and bb9900user2018 like this.
    01-11-19 07:43 AM
    Thank you for the responses. My issue is Verizon. The only two choices I have are Pixel and Samsung. The KEY2 is unfortunately not an option.
    01-12-19 08:38 AM
    Thank you for the responses. My issue is Verizon. The only two choices I have are Pixel and Samsung. The KEY2 is unfortunately not an option.
    Unfortunately that is a very unfortunate issue with the KEY2 as its not compatible with Verizon... total BS in my opinion. Although the KEY2 is compatible with AT&T they don't offer VoLTE which is total BS too!!! It's somewhat amazing that the US carriers restrict the ability to use a KEY2 on Verizon and enhanced services aren't permissible on AT&T.

After checking out the Pixel and Samsung devices before I got the KEY2 and I was considering the option between the two I would go with the Pixel.

Bob
    01-12-19 09:31 AM
    I held a friend's s8note in my hand... sheesh !! a brick !! back to KEYᵒⁿᵉ with relief
    01-12-19 09:48 AM
    I'm leaning towards the Pixel as well. Hoping my PRIV will hang on for another few months.
    01-12-19 11:13 AM
    I'm leaning towards the Pixel as well. Hoping my PRIV will hang on for another few months.
    You might be looking at the Pixel 3 at that point. By this Fall, the Pixel 2 will have one more year of updates as it launched in October of 2017.
    01-12-19 01:02 PM
    I got my Nokia 7.1 yesterday, and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised. It looks great, not that that matters much, it is fast, the display is nice, and the battery gave me over 6 hours yesterday and was only down to 20%. That included updating the phone to Pie, setting it up, installing all my apps from the Play Store, and playing a game a number of times that has been bad about draining my battery on the Priv. Really pleased so far. So far today I am at 2 hours of screen time and am at 81%.

This phone had a lot of negative comments early on, but everything I say negative comments about, works fine on mine.

I really love the Priv, still do in fact, the display on the Priv is outstanding, but the Nokia is so much faster. I miss the capacitive keyboard, but due to app updates, the Priv was having issues running them quickly, and it was getting very tough to deal with. I really wished they would have come out with a Priv 2, but I still have doubts they ever will. Who knows though. The Nokia looks to be a great replacement for me though.
    Did you install the BB App Suite? Why or why not?
    01-12-19 07:17 PM
    Looks like the Pixel is the best choice for many reasons.
    01-13-19 07:20 AM
    Looks like the Pixel is the best choice for many reasons.
    The proprietary nature of the phone makes it the most competitive of the Android offerings against IOS for OS updates and feature compatability.

The biggest strike is that not all carriers are stocking the device.
    mlvlatina and neoberry99 like this.
    01-13-19 11:45 AM
    Did you install the BB App Suite? Why or why not?
    No I did not. I may, but it is doubtful. I loved the hub, but it seems to use a lot of resources. I often saw it using more battery than my display, on my Priv. On the Priv, I used the contacts from Blackberry, but used Business Calendar Pro for my calendar, since I didn't care for Blackberry's calendar when I first got the Priv. The small marks to denote an appointment in the month view was ridiculous and difficult to see at a glance. I do know they later made improvements, but I had already begun using Business Calendar, and I like it.

I am currently using K-9 Mail on the Nokia. It is working well, and in testing, it consistently got my mail quicker than the Hub. I tested on the Priv side by side before using it on the Nokia.

I may still install the Hub, but it is doubtful. It seems that with every update to the Hub, it became slower, and used more resources. IT is a shame since it is one of the best, if not the best email app out there. K-9 is working well for me though, and I am using it with six email addresses.

I also began using Nova Launcher on the Priv quite some time ago, and preferred it over the Blackberry's launcher. It allows me to use a gesture to bring up K-9 Mail, and also lets me remove the Google Search Bar from the desktop in Pie.
    01-13-19 01:50 PM
    No I did not. I may, but it is doubtful. I loved the hub, but it seems to use a lot of resources. I often saw it using more battery than my display, on my Priv. On the Priv, I used the contacts from Blackberry, but used Business Calendar Pro for my calendar, since I didn't care for Blackberry's calendar when I first got the Priv. The small marks to denote an appointment in the month view was ridiculous and difficult to see at a glance. I do know they later made improvements, but I had already begun using Business Calendar, and I like it.

I am currently using K-9 Mail on the Nokia. It is working well, and in testing, it consistently got my mail quicker than the Hub. I tested on the Priv side by side before using it on the Nokia.

I may still install the Hub, but it is doubtful. It seems that with every update to the Hub, it became slower, and used more resources. IT is a shame since it is one of the best, if not the best email app out there. K-9 is working well for me though, and I am using it with six email addresses.

I also began using Nova Launcher on the Priv quite some time ago, and preferred it over the Blackberry's launcher. It allows me to use a gesture to bring up K-9 Mail, and also lets me remove the Google Search Bar from the desktop in Pie.
    Don’t let any experience with PRIV form any opinions for ANYTHING BBAndroid or BBAppsuite. From PRIV to DTEK to KEYone, each device has improved 100%, both hardware and software.

I actually downloaded the BBAppsuite to an inexpensive Android phone and was pleasantly surprised. Congratulations on the new phone....
    01-13-19 02:35 PM
    Thanks.

I know it will run well on the Nokia, but it still uses more resources than K-9. If I actually liked Blackberry's calendar, I might get it, but I don't, Business Calendar is nicer for me. It is more like the calendar on the old Blackberries. The Hub is nice, but it is still a resource hog comparatively speaking.
    01-13-19 02:40 PM
    My Priv isn't much longer for this world. It had a nasty fall a couple months ago and has a small bit of damage on the screen. That would have been avoided except the stupid curved screen made the glass protectors I bought unusable and I had to settle for film. But I've lived with that, it's only a small spot.

But... yesterday while I was on the treadmill my music kept stopping. Turns out the headphone jack is getting loose and the phone pauses as soon as it thinks the headphones are unplugged. That's a real problem. I was hoping to make it till summer to pick up a 4GB K1, but the headphone jack issue might force my hand.
    01-14-19 09:21 AM
42 12