Forgive me if this has been asked (I did do a search but turned up nothing).. but does anyone on here know if the Priv is coming down under at all?

If yes, I wonder who will carry it..

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:43 PM
    I haven't read anything specific, but I know someone who may know more. I'll ask...

Regardless, it should be a fairly widespread release with most major carriers globally.
    10-21-15 12:01 AM
    Yes it will be coming to Australia, carriers to be confirmed and going on past history if the Priv was to become available in the UK in November, we would probably see it here in Feb/March.

Which is why i will be buying from Clove.co.uk
    10-21-15 12:18 AM
    Sorry I couldn't find out anything more specific. Just assumptions that the majors like Telstra and Optus should carry it.

I've heard a rumour that there will be a "global" release date in November, so we'll have to wait and see. Just hopefully not much more of the "wait" part!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    10-21-15 01:00 AM
    Gotta make it happen my man. Check this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1043423/
    10-21-15 01:14 AM
    Cheers guys... here's hoping.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 08:19 AM
    Absolutely agree with the need to be pro-active on this one.

Hit up your local carriers - Telstra, Optus, Vodafone. The more noise we make, the better. Call your local Telstra stores, post on crowdsupport, ask through online chat, ask in store.

We need to show them we want this phone.

Head on over to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1043423/
    Do it!
    10-29-15 06:20 PM
    Telstra have their test units now... we should see them on the shelves in January.
    11-03-15 02:18 AM
    January!? I don't want to wait that long
    11-03-15 04:36 AM
    Sorry I couldn't find out anything more specific. Just assumptions that the majors like Telstra and Optus should carry it.

I've heard a rumour that there will be a "global" release date in November, so we'll have to wait and see. Just hopefully not much more of the "wait" part!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Anything for India too??

Posted via my awesome Passport
    11-03-15 05:29 AM
    Anything for India too??
    Sorry, I haven't heard anything specific. I knew someone that had a dialog with BB Australia, that's why I thought I could find out more about that. Unfortunately I don't have any BB India connection?

If I were you, I would send separate tweets to BB, BB India, and your carrier on Twitter. Maybe other Indian carriers besides yours too. Sometimes you'll get the best response that way. I'd ask:

Will we have BlackBerry #Priv in India? If we will, approximately when?
    11-03-15 11:49 AM
    Sorry, I haven't heard anything specific. I knew someone that had a dialog with BB Australia, that's why I thought I could find out more about that. Unfortunately I don't have any BB India connection?

If I were you, I would send separate tweets to BB, BB India, and your carrier on Twitter. Maybe other Indian carriers besides yours too. Sometimes you'll get the best response that way. I'd ask:

Will we have BlackBerry #Priv in India? If we will, approximately when?
    i already asked blackberry about this but they redirect me to page which states the regions where its available and was told they will update it in real time. And regarding carriers, phones here are not sold or locked by carriers. Carriers dont sell phones .
    11-04-15 05:42 AM
    Android Enjoyed (an Australian store) are pretty cheap, and they usually get stuff in pretty quickly... They don't have the BlackBerry Priv listed yet, but they had the recent Sony, LG and Samsung smartphones/phablets available before most stores (online or offline) did, or very soon after.

I've bought a couple of smartphones and phablets from them, never had a problem... It's Australian stock, too (not foreign stock, like you'd get with say, Kogan).
    11-07-15 05:23 PM
    Thanks for that Cyba, January is a long way off for the carrier wait. I will keep an eye out on this store

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:39 PM
    from a telstra sales rep:

Priv release in Australia?-jli0zus.png
    11-08-15 12:02 AM
    I've always had to fly to Singapore to pick up new BlackBerrys. I'm not suggesting you go to that length, but it's testimony to aussie telcos' unwillingness to be proactive.

> Passport/Classic user, but still reminisces the good old 9900 days...
    11-08-15 12:25 AM
    I've always had to fly to Singapore to pick up new BlackBerrys.
    You what?

Wow, that's devotion!
    Last edited by Cyba Cowboy; 11-08-15 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Removed part of quote.
    11-08-15 12:34 AM
    Hi all, like most I am very much looking forward to buying the PRIV outright upon it's release. Due the to mixed bag reviews I think we are in for a treat once it finally makes it to Australia. No one really is hating on the hardware, some say the keyboard is not as good as the passport or other iterations but, hey..it's a keyboard. Even those who have not loved the keyboard are churning out 60 wpm responses. I cannot imagine at the current price, that Blackberry are going to sell nearly enough units so by January. Here's hoping, we will be looking at a better priced smartphone with all the colour options that are meant to be available. Michael
    11-08-15 03:43 PM
    You what?

Wow, that's devotion!
    Got some business there too, so not too much of a wasted trip. Hopefully aussie carriers will carry the Priv soon...

> Passport/Classic user, but still reminisces the good old 9900 days...
    11-09-15 02:56 AM
    Spoke to BBStore.com.au today and they said stock definitely in on 13 Nov. They are notoriously expensive, but then again so is Telstra when buying outright

Posted via CB10
    antony99 likes this.
    11-09-15 03:58 AM
    Got some business there too, so not too much of a wasted trip.
    You should have lied to me, it sounded waaay more impressive when you said you went there just for a 'Berry... lol

Spoke to BBStore.com.au today and they said stock definitely in on 13 Nov. They are notoriously expensive, but then again so is Telstra when buying outright
    Well it's good to see that there will be somewhere local we can pick this up, if our service-provider-of-choice decides not to carry this smartphone officially...
    11-09-15 04:11 AM
    Bbstore . Com. Au

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 05:54 AM
    You can pre-order it from B&H America with the original price and they charge you a little for shipping based on the postal service you choose:

_bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1192221-REG/blackberry_stv100_1_priv_32gb_smartphone_unlocked. html

Personal Digital Australia sells it for 100 bucks more expensive plus shipping fee:

_personaldigital.com.au/blackberry-priv-4g-lte-32gb-black.html

Pre-order is available on BBStore Australia (not to be confused with BlackBerry Authorised reseller) for $250 more expensive than the original price:

_bbstore.com.au/blackberry-priv/blackberry-priv-australia

I have pre-ordered mine from B&H and I paid $35 for DHL Express shipping. Fair pricing and fast shipping I reckon. Recommended BlackBerry reseller too.

You must remember any goods under $1000 AUD is exempt from import duty to Australia. So don't worry to buy it from overseas.
    11-09-15 10:15 PM
    You must remember any goods under $1000 AUD is exempt from import duty to Australia. So don't worry to buy it from overseas.
    Yeah, it's the weak Australian Dollar that kills us at the moment... Though unsurprisingly, you can still buy a lot of stuff from overseas that is still cheaper.

--

Edit: Android Enjoyed - an Australian store - is now selling the BlackBerry Priv and shipping within 3-7 days... AU$1,000 at the time of writing.

Obviously I do not yet have a BlackBerry Priv, but I've bought plenty of other smartphones through these guys and never had a problem...

This model supports:
    * All of the frequencies and technologies the three primary Australian cellular (mobile) telecommunications networks (Vodafone, Telstra and Optus) currently use (according to Whirlpool), except LTE 900Mhz (Band 8) and LTE 3500MHz (Band 42).
    Last edited by Cyba Cowboy; 11-13-15 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Added new information to last post - my post.
    11-10-15 02:55 AM
    Then it's cheaper than B&H because I paid as per below for the phone plus DHL Express shiping from US to Australia:

$1,083.46 AUD = $736.51 USD

To be honest, I won't bother to cancel my order because of 20 bucks! Not worth the efforts.

But I'm not sure if Android Enjoyed has it really in stock as the phone has not been released to any retailer yet (to be released on 20/Nov onwards as per announced by BlackBerry and its authorised resellers).
    11-14-15 07:25 AM
52 123