Marshmallow OS is quite boring. If you want to buy one as a second device, just for calls, texts and occasional web browsing then go for BB10 OS mobiles, as you will never get bored using that.

The Priv's size is a bit uncomfortable, not easy to handle, especially as a second device.

And please dont even think of buying it as a daily driver in 2018, as its not worth it, despite its stylish design. Outdated in 2018 as a daily driver.
    10-02-18 11:09 AM
    Marshmallow OS is quite boring. If you want to buy one as a second device, just for calls, texts and occasional web browsing then go for BB10 OS mobiles, as you will never get bored using that.

The Priv's size is a bit uncomfortable, not easy to handle, especially as a second device.

And please dont even think of buying it as a daily driver in 2018, as its not worth it, despite its stylish design. Outdated in 2018 as a daily driver.
    Granted I have only had my Priv for a couple days - but so far I absolutely love it. And am using it as my daily driver.

Also I am coming from an iPhone 8 and I honestly have barely noticed a difference in speed or quality. If anything - it is a better phone than the 8.

The only problem I notice is battery life - but that just forces me to not be glued to my phone as much as I used to be and I don't see that as a bad thing.
    10-02-18 01:32 PM
    Granted I have only had my Priv for a couple days - but so far I absolutely love it. And am using it as my daily driver.

Also I am coming from an iPhone 8 and I honestly have barely noticed a difference in speed or quality. If anything - it is a better phone than the 8.

The only problem I notice is battery life - but that just forces me to not be glued to my phone as much as I used to be and I don't see that as a bad thing.
    I just can't believe that your Priv is faster than iPhone 8. That's just not possible.

As for battery life, there are tips and tricks I listed multiple times in this forum to help extend it to a consistent 4.5 - 5 hours of screen-on time.
    10-03-18 01:04 AM
    I just can't believe that your Priv is faster than iPhone 8. That's just not possible.

As for battery life, there are tips and tricks I listed multiple times in this forum to help extend it to a consistent 4.5 - 5 hours of screen-on time.
    I have taken a lot of steps to improve battery life and right now I am getting about 12 to 15 hours of battery life out of my Priv with normal use - Bluetooth enabled - reading news articles - perusing Facebook - watch as couple videos - texting with the hub - phone calls and of course Crackberry. I take it off the charger at 5am and get home shortly after 5pm and either put it on the charger or use it for another hour or so and then put it on the charger

As far as being faster than my 8 - I did not benchmark the phones side by side. But I do notice that I can navigate much better and faster and apps like Facebook Pandora and Google load with no issues and no lag either.

I also don't load the phone down with different skins or icons or have different apps running in the background. I keep the phone running a clean version of Android and I turn off most of the apps background functions and persistent notifications. I let the hub take care of making sure I am notified about my social media accounts and it does an amazing job.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-03-18 09:49 AM
    The current high prices of these outdated and long discontinued Privs are going for still in 2018 amazes me. Theyre still going for roughly $200 either new or used. I bought mine new some years ago for $200! Crazy.

It's become one of those cult classic things like a classic Nintendo.
    10-12-18 05:49 PM
    In a word No.
    Use mine, UK BlackBerry Shop Black Friday 2016 purchase, daily and just fine. Mainly email, web browsing and banking apps. Generally my only Internet connected device for several months at a time roaming Europe, so large clear screen is great.
    Interesting to read that there is little discernible difference to iPhone 8 performance.
    Have replacement battery but not yet fitted.
    10-13-18 02:52 AM
    Interesting to read that there is little discernible difference to iPhone 8 performance.
    I have both at home and iPhone 8 is better than Priv on every performance aspect.
    Priv is not a bad phone, but is far away performance wise from iPhone 8. You only have to install an app an see how much it takes on one phone and the other.
    10-13-18 04:42 AM
    The current high prices of these outdated and long discontinued Privs are going for still in 2018 amazes me. Theyre still going for roughly $200 either new or used. I bought mine new some years ago for $200! Crazy.

It's become one of those cult classic things like a classic Nintendo.
    The last phone made by BlackBerry. . .
    10-13-18 02:24 PM
    I gave up on using the Priv recently, preferring the much quicker and smoother experience of the KEY devices (KEYone/KEY2/KEY2LE).

The Amoled 16:9 and the slider design are really nice and everything, but it's just a slow a** phone and it's very tricky to get 5.5hrs of screen on time. The "Android OS" drain when not on WiFi was getting really annoying to me.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    10-14-18 01:43 PM
    I gave up on using the Priv recently, preferring the much quicker and smoother experience of the KEY devices (KEYone/KEY2/KEY2LE).

The Amoled 16:9 and the slider design are really nice and everything, but it's just a slow a** phone and it's very tricky to get 5.5hrs of screen on time. The "Android OS" drain when not on WiFi was getting really annoying to me.
    I finally moved on from my PRIV to a KEY2 a couple of days ago. Although I did enjoy my almost 3 years with it, I am thoroughly enjoying my new KEY2. Silking smooth, much more comfortable keyboard, and the battery life/SOT is freakin amazing... 👍

I waited a while before pulling the trigger on a KEY2 but I'm glad I did. The KEY2 is a damn nice device.

Bob
    T_Studios likes this.
    10-14-18 04:12 PM
    IMO PRIV is a fantastic phone.
    anon(10218918) and epoc32 like this.
    10-16-18 10:51 AM
    my stv 3 died not sure why as had never put a lot foot wrong in 20 months and was not new then.
    after much deliberation bought another PRIV stv 4 am amazed how much better than the 3
    worth considering when faced with RIM devorce.
    10-16-18 11:40 PM
    i bought a new Blackberry PRIV last week . i LOVE it.SEXIEST PHONE IN WORLD!. for me, with power management on,battery life is great . no heat or slow down.i am not a kid playing games on phones for hours tho.i dont know old manufactured Privs but my priv seems to be a 2017 may production.so far so good. i am very happy.
    Sarek1701 and T_Studios like this.
    10-20-18 08:13 PM
    I hate the CPU but I love the design! If only they would just make a Priv 2 with a Snapdragon 660!

The Priv screen is awesome! BlackBerry needs to go back to OLED.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-25-18 12:51 AM
    I hate the CPU but I love the design! If only they would just make a Priv 2 with a Snapdragon 660!

The Priv screen is awesome! BlackBerry needs to go back to OLED.
    Alot of people would love a Priv (even if they literally use the old design) and just slap in a 660
    10-25-18 01:18 AM
    Alot of people would love a Priv (even if they literally use the old design) and just slap in a 660
    What they should do is make a phone that looks like a normal Android slab phone on one side and like the BlackBerry Classic on the other side.

If you want to use the keyboard, just turn it around. If you want a full sized 5 or 6 inch screen, just turn it around again.

It wouldn't need a front facing camera. To take a selfie just turn it around and look through the other screen.
    10-25-18 05:53 AM
    What they should do is make a phone that looks like a normal Android slab phone on one side and like the BlackBerry Classic on the other side.

If you want to use the keyboard, just turn it around. If you want a full sized 5 or 6 inch screen, just turn it around again.

It wouldn't need a front facing camera. To take a selfie just turn it around and look through the other screen.
    That would be quite an interesting concept but very costly to manufacture.

Much easier to just have a slab with a clip-on PKB like the Galaxy S8 but much less ugly and with backlighting, capacitive touch, and shortcuts.
    10-25-18 06:09 AM
    thanks for the tweak posts guys. I'm getting ideas. I want to root my phone...thinking on it
    02-24-19 05:08 PM
    Thanks for the info.

What do you mean that yours doesn't have a wireless charging module? Do some have it and others don't?

Live Long and Prosper
    Some do have it.

Edit.. I seem some already answered. Whoops
    02-24-19 05:21 PM
    thanks for the tweak posts guys. I'm getting ideas. I want to root my phone...thinking on it
    You’d be the first. Can’t root BBAndroid..
    02-24-19 07:38 PM
    You have a better chance of begging BBMo into making a Priv 2 than rooting your Priv 1
    skrble likes this.
    02-24-19 10:19 PM
    i bought a new Blackberry PRIV last week . i LOVE it.SEXIEST PHONE IN WORLD!. for me, with power management on,battery life is great . no heat or slow down.i am not a kid playing games on phones for hours tho.i dont know old manufactured Privs but my priv seems to be a 2017 may production.so far so good. i am very happy.
    2017? I thought they already were out of production by that time.
    02-25-19 11:09 AM
    I love seeing my thread getting brought back into the limelight.

Update on my priv. A week or so ago I was traveling for work and the hotel I was in had a jacuzzi right next to the bed.

Obviously I used the jacuzzi and I guess all the moisture and humidity in the air got in behind the slider and condensed on the connections and bam shorted out my screen. I am so sad.

I love my priv - but think I will be buying a keyone now instead of fixing the priv. At least for now.
    02-25-19 08:55 PM

Update on my priv. A week or so ago I was traveling for work and the hotel I was in had a jacuzzi right next to the bed.

Obviously I used the jacuzzi and I guess all the moisture and humidity in the air got in behind the slider and condensed on the connections and bam shorted out my screen. I am so sad.

I love my priv - but think I will be buying a keyone now instead of fixing the priv. At least for now.
    I'd recommend an LE over the KEYone.
    Better weight balance, bigger matte keys, MUCH better reception, nicer design...
    02-25-19 10:57 PM

Skip the KEYone, at least 3/32 version. The KEYone, 4/64 is the way to go, but for the money, Key2 LE has Oreo/Pie eventually with 4/64 so dollar for dollar in 2019 ....... better future proof.....

Since when you stay in the hourly places on Nebraska??
    02-25-19 11:05 PM
143 ... 23456