Just looking through this forum, and all the pages are filled with all the issues the Priv is experiencing.

I'm on the fence on whether to get a Priv or not, and this forum visit really helping!

Join "Mustard seed faith" at C003C216D!
    12-17-15 07:52 PM
    If you like android probably not. But it's diff than bb10.
    12-17-15 08:00 PM
    Nope!

It's not that bad. For all the 'bad' posts, there are many more helping out providing direction or offering thoughts of the opposite.

I come from Z10's, a Z30 and many before BB10 and I love my Priv. Not a single ***** worthy issue.

There's always a few people with issues. You'll find them in any phone forum.

There are more perfectly working Privs out there, you just see the bad more because less people state good things.

Get the Priv, be happy and live. Or go try out Apple, we'll see you again.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    qwerty4ever and vpblaze like this.
    12-17-15 08:04 PM
    Ive always hated android with a passion until i started using the priv Loving it now with no problems at all with the device!
    12-17-15 08:04 PM
    Have had no issues with my priv. I read the forums and set it up using all the useful information. As a long time blackberry user I am quite pleased.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-15 08:14 PM
    Have mine for 3 days and no issues at all.
    12-17-15 08:18 PM
    I love mine! I had the z10, and the q10, now I have the best of both worlds. Android is running great, battery isn't bad. I'm happy and you won't hear any complaints from me.

12-17-15 08:25 PM
    I think a lot of the comments are inspired by hatred for Android.

I've had 4 BlackBerry, 3 iPhone, and 9 Android phones not counting the Priv. I can honestly say the Priv is by far my favorite. Before you assume I'm a maniac I test a lot of devices for work.

Jonneh and sam81 like this.
    12-17-15 08:29 PM
    Had mine for 2 weeks and love it coming from passport. Not a single issue.

12-17-15 08:29 PM
    PRIV was pushed out to meet deadlines and had multiple large bugs. BB was working on its apps right up to day of release and afterwards which is why many review devices had experiences different than end users. After the OTA update, things calmed down here alot. IMHO if PRIV had been released in Dec the reviews would have been almost universally positive but onward and forward as they say.
    smcv, whunterr and JeepBB like this.
    12-17-15 08:54 PM
    My priv is great now and it was great on day 1. Complainers are always the most vocal group, while those with no issues are the quiet majority.

12-17-15 09:11 PM
    Just looking through this forum, and all the pages are filled with all the issues the Priv is experiencing.

I'm on the fence on whether to get a Priv or not, and this forum visit really helping!

Nope, it's really that good...it depends on what thread you read . As well, people don't tend to post when things are hunky dory , they will generally come here to complain when they are having issue
    12-17-15 09:23 PM

1. People mostly go on forums/the Internet to complain. "Discussion" forum is really a misnomer.
    2. This is predominately a BlackBerry forum, which historically is Android adverse, and a lot are expecting the Priv to act EXACTLY like a BB10 device, which it's not. It's an Android device.
    Xaiux likes this.
    12-17-15 09:26 PM
    I've had all WP, iOS, BB10, and Android.

I believe this HW is very solid. I've seen perf improvements with the SW updates but I do see some issues. The battery is improving but I can't run all day with Bluetooth and location services on or screen brightness above 25%. The device also gets very hot when streaming video or even while using maps with location on.

I do love the PKB and hub. I have some gripes with hub and hope they can be resolved but that's in another thread.

I think it's pretty cool to be a part of this journey with BlackBerry.

I'd recommend this device.

12-17-15 09:35 PM

It's something new and a lot of people are resistant to change. The phone's as good as most other android flagship devices and offers some additional perks (physical keyboard, blackberry productivity apps etc.). It's probably also the most secure Android 5.1.1 device, albeit Marshmallow devices may offer more in this department.

The complaints here revolve around a small set of problems. Most of them can be fixed, some are only present on a small number of handsets. If you take a look at the Nexus forums, the picture is very much the same. Unfortunately, quality control for most android manufacturers doesn't seem to be super high.

I believe apple is the only company that somehow manages to keep hardware issues to a minimum by only producing a very small number of models.

If you want a blackberry and you can live with android, the Priv is your only choice - and it's not a bad one.
    12-17-15 11:22 PM
    Every innovation comes with problems. Dont listen to the Berryhaters out there Priv is a masterpiece. I sold my iPhone 6S for the priv and im proud of what ive done.

12-18-15 12:03 AM
    Priv is my favourite phone that I have ever owned!

12-18-15 12:52 AM
    Why am I hater if I complain
    My husband has a note and has zero problem from day one
    I have so many bugs on my phone
    Even if I'm a super strong blackberry fan , never had a phone other than blackberry, I'm still entitled to complain when simple things don't work
    The battery is so bad , I literally need to have a charger with me the entire time it just goes down within hours it's dead! (4)

12-18-15 12:58 AM
    Even if I'm a super strong blackberry fan , never had a phone other than blackberry, I'm still entitled to complain when simple things don't work
    The battery is so bad , I literally need to have a charger with me the entire time it just goes down within hours it's dead! (4)

And I have a friend with a Note who's had multiple problems, while I've had a Priv running perfectly since it arrived weeks ago. So is the world of mass-produced technology. Same goes with people at work with same computer models.

But to be on point of the thread, the Priv has been wonderful, to me. You, OP, choose what you want to believe, in a very subjective, unbalanced and mostly irrational world of internet message boards. But none of it matters until you try it for yourself.
    sam81 and paulbbp like this.
    12-18-15 01:08 AM

Judging from all the problems you've posted about I think you have a bad phone (lemon) because I have none of the problems you have and my battery life is just excellent - almost as good as my Passport. I would suggest you get your phone exchanged so you can really start to enjoy the phone instead of trying to patch it with fixes that may or may not work.
    sam81 and paulbbp like this.
    12-18-15 01:11 AM
    I am loving my PRIV, it has been a bit of a switch coming from various BlackBerrys over the years, bold, torch,z10 and Z30.

I prefer the BB10 OS, but I am getting used to android with the Blackberry bits. Hardware is great and I don't have the issues that others have with battery, heat some times but that is when I am working it hard.

Bb10 when it first released was sub par and it took a few updates until thought it was a reliable and decent OS. I expect them same for the Priv.

I remember the Z10 used to reboot 4 or 5 times a day , hot battery and dodgey radio. But that got fixed.

I recommend the PRiv.

If I could just get a LED that had a rainbow coloured flash like I had with HUB++ I would be laughing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry PRIV
    12-18-15 03:32 AM

I think my opinion is subjective, but at the same time, since Priv is my first BlackBerry device ever, it is quite objective on this forums

Coming from android, it was almost seamless transition, I like BB additions and I can appreciate my phone being encrypted, despite a bit lower benchmark scores compared to similar spec devices (who cares...), oh and I absolutely love the ascetics of Priv.
    I always liked slider form factor, had various Samsung sliders - D400, D410, D600, D900 and then they stopped making those, so I switched to Omnia HD (Symbian). My last Samsung phone was Galaxy S2 - after that, I couldn't find phone that I actually liked, until Priv came along!

I would recommend this device. Just make sure you don't have a faulty handset and get it exchanged.
    12-18-15 04:18 AM
    Well, not really bad but worst of all. If you want pure Android experience, go get Nexus 5x/6p or others (Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus, etc) except the Priv. They're much better!

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-18-15 04:22 AM
    The thing is bad news travels faster than good ones. You won't get a new topic about things that work as they should, otherwise there would be 99 topics of "X work properly" and 1-2 topics of "I have problems with X".

Also, you must be open to accept it for what the Priv is: an Android device with some BB goodness and not a BB10 device with the Android ecosystem.
    12-18-15 06:01 AM
    The thing is bad news travels faster than good ones. You won't get a new topic about things that work as they should, otherwise there would be 99 topics of "X work properly" and 1-2 topics of "I have problems with X".
    Some people fail to grasp this concept. Take news for instance...are they going to report every time a crime isn't committed? No, they are going to report on crimes that are committed, which can give the impression that society is run amok with criminals.
    luc4625 and crystal dream like this.
    12-18-15 06:15 AM
65 123