I'm up in Sault Ste Marie Ontario this week visiting family and the Bell Network coverage dispute being the best provider in these parts is extremely inconsistent. In some parts of the city, simply taking a few steps in ether direction showed a complete loss of signal strength.

However, the Priv's adverse reaction to the poor consistency of signal has been highlighted in both its ability to switch network bands and battery durability, both of which under these conditions is extremely horrible.

Just an experience I wanted to share as I'm getting about 8hrs of battery life were before I was getting at least 12 to 14 hours in the Ottawa area where reception is exceptional in comparison.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    08-30-16 09:13 AM
    I'm up in Sault Ste Marie Ontario this week visiting family and the Bell Network coverage dispute being the best provider in these parts is extremely inconsistent. In some parts of the city, simply taking a few steps in ether direction showed a complete loss of signal strength.

However, the Priv's adverse reaction to the poor consistency of signal has been highlighted in both its ability to switch network bands and battery durability, both of which under these conditions is extremely horrible.

Just an experience I wanted to share as I'm getting about 8hrs of battery life were before I was getting at least 12 to 14 hours in the Ottawa area where reception is exceptional in comparison.

Have you tried changing the settings so that it doesn't bother trying to use lte?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Villard Defender likes this.
    08-30-16 09:21 AM
    So you meant, despite the horrible network connectivity your PRIV could still manage to hold the reception and managed to hold for at least 8 hrs of usage? Hhm.. pretty impressive..

08-30-16 11:04 AM
    So you meant, despite the horrible network connectivity your PRIV could still manage to hold the reception and managed to hold for at least 8 hrs of usage? Hhm.. pretty impressive..

Actually, you miss understood. The way the Priv handles reception or lack of signal strength is horrible. In the past I've had phones (most recent being the Z30) navigate the switch from LTE to HSPA+ beautifully. But the Priv struggles.

When you're use to getting 12 to 16 hours out of your Priv, getting 8 if you're not using the phone is not that great.

As mentioned, it's just an observation and the phone has been amazing otherwise.

08-30-16 12:49 PM

Not really the PassPort would likely do that and still have at least a half days charge left at the end of the day.

Priv runs hot in my experience which is not good for the battery.
    08-30-16 03:09 PM