1. How do I set different blinking LED colors for each notification?

2. Is there a way to turn on instant previews like BB10? Meaning when a new email, text, etc comes in, a message preview pops across the top of the screen.

3. Is there a way to make the hub appear by swiping left from the home screen, or swiping right to make running apps appear?

4. Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut to go into quiet mode? Like when pressing the letter Q on BB10?

Thanks for your help! I'm still adjusting!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-19-16 10:56 AM

2. Is there a way to turn on instant previews like BB10? Meaning when a new email, text, etc comes in, a message preview pops across the top of the screen.

3. Is there a way to make the hub appear by swiping left from the home screen, or swiping right to make running apps appear?

4. Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut to go into quiet mode? Like when pressing the letter Q on BB10?

RE: Customizing LED notifications

This can be done by going to Settings > Sounds & Notifications > App Notifications > Then select an app from the list, press it to open a menu for notification behavior of the individual app. Here is where you will find the options needed to enable and customize the LED color per app. Please note not EVERY app can be customized, however SMS, Hub, etc LED notifications are able to be edited here.

RE: Enabling Toast Messages for emails, SMS, etc...

This can be done by opening the Hub and selecting the overflow menu (the 3 dots found in the top left quadrant of the Hub) Once here select 'Settings' then individually open each account desired and enable 'Heads Up Notifications', this will bring 'pop up' alerts for each account you choose to enable it for. SMS toast messaging seems to be enabled by default so I am not sure (at least I have not yet found it) if an option to enable or disable it exists, but maybe I just haven't found that option yet.

RE: Swiping Left to summon Hub, Swiping right to summon open apps like BB10

I think I read somewhere in either this forum or the Android apps forum that a CB user(s) found an app to edit gestures and was able to recreate this action... I am not an app person, so I am unable to recall the name of it, but I'm sure it can be done. Not so sure about the swiping right to trigger open apps though, but then again pressing the Square on the bottom right of the Priv is designed to do just that - open the page of running apps - which is usually every app you've used since the last time you selected the Square and hit 'Close All'... Android is wasteful like that by nature...

RE: Setting a keyboard shortcut for Quiet Mode

Again, this may be possible if you download a silence app or something and then set the keyboard shortcut, but alas, I have not found a way (while staying native) to do this. Then again pressing the Pause key on the Priv brings up sound profiles and Do Not Disturb is one click away as well as the option of holding the volume key down a few seconds to send to Silent or Vibrate.... Also the ability to go to Settings > Advanced Interactions > Enabling Flip to Mute to quickly silence the device in a pinch... Perhaps there is a way to achieve this, but I haven't found it yet, I am always willing to learn something new though... Hopefully if others have anything to add they will! In the mean time, I hope this helps with some of the questions you've had...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-19-16 at 05:22 PM.
    FF22, bakron1 and fanisk like this.
    03-19-16 03:42 PM
    Cool
    09-01-16 10:12 PM

1. Try Light Manager - LED Settings or Light Flow - LED Control apps.
    I haven't yet tried them but they should be able to do what you ask. It's unfortunate that not every app has that option built-in.

3. You can have Hub appear by swiping up and right from the home button in the bottom of your screen. To see running apps you can just tap the button right to the Home button. If you really want those functionalities you could try your luck with some custom launchers, e.g. Nova, but they usually don't have swipe left or right gestures because of the multiple homescreen pages. But IMHO you will get used to these (to you) new gestures and buttons in a day or two if you try.

4. You can set it to your mute button (or a keyboard button) with the Buttons Remapper app. Put shortcut Ring Volume or Media Volume, whichever you'd like i to mute. With the app you could also set click or long click on that button to open your Hub or any other app. Same for the keyboard buttons, system-wide, not only in the launcher as the default BB shortcuts work.
    09-02-16 05:54 AM