Just wondering if the priv provides the same security like BlackBerry 10 does. Im considering to get one but im not sure about it. I know many of you would say "depends on what u mean by security" and I am telling you that by security I mean the ability to browse safe text safe and to be not worried for u personal information breach. And the last thing: does the Priv comes with security certificates like os 10 or it has only the dtek app which looks more like a game? Any help would be aprecciated

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 01:08 PM
    Any current up to date Android device is safer than a consumer-grade BB10 device.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed ✓
    11-08-16 01:13 PM
    Ok dtek is for masses you want see the security of Priv caus it's imposible to see it. Priv of course is secure and also the other 2 android BlackBerry phones since its called the most secure mobile device and now one said something opposite since 1 year from launch! You have every month guarante fastest security updates and blackberry is all about android from one year now and secures it. Remember Priv is impossible to hack cause it's not also the software but also process in the hardware in manufacturing process is being made in such way it is impossible to hack. Other android devices it's not such secure since android is an open platform but the fact that blackberry take the challenge to secure android it means it is possible. One fact that I did not knew until know is that BlackBerry have a bbsecure center team and other team which constantly is looking to compromise security in their devices so. One team fixing everything the other one tries different ways to find a hole and gets the security compromised.
    Now continuing about other devices maybe mm is more let's say secure than the older androids but we'll this is also something user dependent if I will download everything from Google then yes maybe other device are not so secure and even Priv if I give the apps all permissions they want. Other wise all your data in the Priv sent or saved are encrypted the dtek app informs you about it also it informs you about app you never knew could ask for contacts and photos and how many times they asked for permissions to view contacts and photos having this does not means it's a game but an app that informs the user of things he could even never thought an take action delete app if it's a game and asks about your photos or stop giving the permission by clicking to the bracket!
    When it comes to certificates who giv them the pentagon the governments and automotives using it well since BlackBerry 10 pentagon is not using as far as I know anything else until know to communicate so not yet certificates for android maybe one day they will use it and they will give certificates.
    11-08-16 01:56 PM
    According to BlackBerry themselves, BlackBerry-hardened Nougat will be as secure as BB10.
    11-08-16 02:00 PM
    We don't have nougat yet and any info about that so will Priv also get it?
    11-08-16 02:05 PM
    We don't have nougat yet and any info about that so will Priv also get it.
    Sure it will. It will take another 1-3 months for BlackBerry to work its magic on Nougat.
    IndianTiwari and chuckiev79 like this.
    11-08-16 02:07 PM
    Sure it will. It will take another 1-3 months for BlackBerry to work its magic on Nougat.
    And then 12 years for Verizon to test, test, test, reject, test, test and think about it!
    conite, IndianTiwari and Spinal like this.
    11-08-16 02:10 PM
    Just wondering if the priv provides the same security like BlackBerry 10 does. Im considering to get one but im not sure about it. I know many of you would say "depends on what u mean by security" and I am telling you that by security I mean the ability to browse safe text safe and to be not worried for u personal information breach. And the last thing: does the Priv comes with security certificates like os 10 or it has only the dtek app which looks more like a game? Any help would be aprecciated

Posted via CB10
    OP - what do you mean browse safe? If you're that worried get VPN.

I think the DTEK app is quite useful with the marshmellow update you can disable app permissions, like how facebook tracks your location ALL the time - i just disabled that, but then the battery drain got worse and I uninstalled it.
    11-08-16 10:43 PM
    OP - what do you mean browse safe? If you're that worried get VPN.

I think the DTEK app is quite useful with the marshmellow update you can disable app permissions, like how facebook tracks your location ALL the time - i just disabled that, but then the battery drain got worse and I uninstalled it.
    How is it possible that when u disabled the location for facebook the battery drain got worse? It should get better I suppose and as for the dtek I dont think that has anything different from app permission option in os 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 11:05 PM
    How is it possible that when u disabled the location for facebook the battery drain got worse? It should get better I suppose and as for the dtek I dont think that has anything different from app permission option in os 10.

Posted via CB10
    Messenger started to use battery, so I uninstalled both.
    11-09-16 08:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Total speculation and I posted similarly in another thread. Maybe if the App, whatever app can't get the information it wants (location, or something else), it keeps checking over and over. Whereas if it gets your location, it stops checking till the next time. Again, just a guess!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-09-16 11:42 AM