Has anyone attempted to use their Priv on the Project Fi network?

I know that Project Fi uses both Sprint and T-Mobile signals as well as "secure" open WiFI and that the Nexus 6, 6P and 5X phones sold by Google are created to work on CDMA as well as GSM bands where the Priv was not. So I'm really only expecting T-Mobile and maybe the WiFi switching to work. But has anyone experimented with this?

Do tell!
    01-11-16 08:09 PM
    Project Fi is designed to only work on those devices for now. As for someone experimenting, thats a whole different thing. As far as I've read, most people do not have much luck trying to break out of those three devices for Project Fi.
    01-11-16 08:43 PM
    I skimmed the Fi forums and there was a report of someone having done it withe the iphone 5s, but they initialized (or whatever they word they used was) the Fi SIM card on the 5X first.
    01-11-16 09:03 PM
    We NEED to get on this ASAP. Lol I'd love to ditch my carrier for Project Fi.
    Nikicjc likes this.
    01-11-16 09:10 PM
    Google will open up Fi for other devices sometime this year. No telling when though; perhaps around Google I/O

ETA: Obligatory "rumor-mill" disclaimer here. ^-^;

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Jonneh; 02-03-16 at 04:58 PM.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    01-12-16 01:03 AM
    I sure hope that happens, and if so, this year.

I just ordered a data-only SIM through Project Fi (https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6330195), and will install it in a Priv. It'll get my 95% where I need to be (Wi-Fi is in abundance where I am, and if I get SMS texts via Hangouts, I'm pretty much good to go).
    02-14-16 01:00 PM
    I activated a Project Fi SIM in a Nexus device, then plopped it in a Priv for fun.

1. I can make and receive calls.
    2. Visual voicemail doesn't work, I have to call myself. If a voicemail comes in, I receive a text stating: Voicemail notification failure; please contact Project Fi Support (1-844-TALK2FI) or call your number directly to hear the voicemail. VM:then-lots-of-seemingly-random-letters
    3. Cellular data doesn't work. Anyone know if there are appropriate APN settings I can use? I should probably download an app so I can see these settings on the Nexus device...
    02-16-16 11:02 AM
    I received a data-only SIM from Google, activated it, installed it in a Priv, and applied the APN settings from https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6330195 (I totally missed those settings the first time around).

Works like a charm.

I suspect that if I applied those APN settings on the Priv and used the voice-and-data SIM card, that data would work.

Anyways, happy Wednesday all!
    jm1219 and zocster like this.
    02-17-16 01:19 PM
    Wait. Are you saying your Priv is now fully functional on Project Fi with a Fi SIM?

I've been tweeting Blackberry, Google, Project Fi repeatedly asking them to put the Priv on Project Fi. Selfishly this is ideal for me, a Blackberry fan that left recently for Google. That phone on that network could be a perfect marriage. I have a 5x and in many ways my Z10 was a superior piece of hardware.
    03-22-16 02:36 PM
    sounds cool
    03-22-16 05:19 PM
    Another for google to totally track you and know everything you do down to taking a leak or a dump or just doing nothing.
    Hmmmmm and it all will go to to the feds like the little o
    03-22-16 05:34 PM
    Another for google to totally track you and know everything you do down to taking a leak or a dump or just doing nothing.
    Hmmmmm and it all will go to to the feds like the little o
    Darn. Do they know my toilet habits!!!!! I will start reusing the paper!
    texn884, Dave Liao and Jonneh like this.
    03-22-16 07:10 PM
    I received a data-only SIM from Google, activated it, installed it in a Priv, and applied the APN settings from https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6330195 (I totally missed those settings the first time around).

Works like a charm.

I suspect that if I applied those APN settings on the Priv and used the voice-and-data SIM card, that data would work.

Anyways, happy Wednesday all!
    Awesome news!
    03-22-16 07:12 PM
    I think this is a interesting service
    03-23-16 08:41 AM
    !H_O_Boomaye: More or less?
    - no visual voicemail
    - texts have wacky characters in them
    - need access to a Nexus device to activate your Project Fi service account (then you don't need it)
    03-26-16 05:40 PM
    Not to revive a dead thread, but anyone else had luck with this?
    04-06-16 09:40 AM
    @mrfreeze - wait, do you want to revive the thread or not?

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get Project Fi to behave on a Priv (see my post from the 26th). Open to suggestions...
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-07-16 09:26 PM
    I suggest using a Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, or Nexus 6P on it until Google opens it up for other devices.
    04-08-16 03:28 AM
    @jonneh - ha, I'm trying to do that, but I miss my Priv so badly. Luckily it's just sitting on my desk. ;p
    04-10-16 01:14 PM
    I've got Project Fi working fine on a Priv EXCEPT for MMS. I'm using the Project Fi SIM voice-and-data card.

Of course, you need a Nexus or Pixel device to activate the service.
    12-22-16 09:35 PM