$943.95 in Alberta tax included.
    Maybe I should buy a case of it and bring them on the eastern side...Lol
    Cynycl and Steve Rizla like this.
    10-23-15 08:47 AM
    Well, I guess this really is going to be a security and services company now. I think they've made it really unlikely that they'll sell enough of these to hit the 5 million mark in total handset sales. They've killed the momentum with a non-launch and such a high price.

They didn't even make my Google News tech feed, and Google KNOWS I'm BlackBerry-obsessed.

Thanks for everything BlackBerry. It was good knowing ya.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-23-15 08:47 AM
    U$699 = C$900. Painful but true.

I think I have to wait. Hoping for $300 with a 2 year contract.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-23-15 08:49 AM
    Carphone Warehouse and their �579 price can get the duck sick.
    Please note that GBP 579 is inclusive of VAT at 20%.

Shop BlackBerry UK price is GBP 559 which is inclusive of VAT at 20%.

http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbr...me%20ascending

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:00 AM
    i wanted this phone but the price too high for me ,very disappointed in the price.But I hope it sells well so I can pick one up closer to my upgrade on contract.
    10-23-15 09:04 AM
    Can I get my Euro price, can I?
    10-23-15 09:14 AM
    Well, i was going to wait for a subsidized price with carriers anyway. but $ 900 pre-tax, is too high and i'm afraid at this rate i am going to wait and wait for the price to drop but it won't drop low enough and i will end up getting something else at a better price with similar if not higher specs. too sad.
    10-23-15 09:38 AM
    Although the price is not 100% accurate, this article has a lot of truth to it and it doesn't help BB http://fortune.com/2015/10/22/blackb...bsurd-pricing/
    10-23-15 09:46 AM
    Priv price 9 CAD-img_20151023_084104.png

This looks good on my Passport.

Don't blame BlackBerry, this is for their corporate clients and hardcore early adopters. If you are not, just sit tight and wait... but don't have any expectations though, if they indeed quit making device for consumer market, it will be unlikely for the price to come down very far.

If most of the consumers don't need security, maybe we should not have it for free neither.

If BlackBerry is the monopoly in supplying security to the market, maybe they should dictate the price instead of the market.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 09:53 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151023_084104.png 
Views:	501 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	377132

If BlackBerry is the monopoly in supplying security to the market, maybe they should dictate the price instead of the market.

Because the....... if we build it they will come mentality has worked so well for Blackberry in the past.

BBRY needs customers, not the other way around.
    10-23-15 10:06 AM
    $904 from Rogers tax incl. Maybe I should buy a case and head over ??
    10-23-15 10:08 AM
    With the major dip in the loonie and an awfully named beast of a phone, the Priv will get flushed down the toilet and Canadians will be able to buy it at half the price within a year from now after BlackBerry's shutting down the hardware division.

Adding in the outrageously high taxes in Canada with the exception to Alberta at only 5% tax, the future of BlackBerry's hardware division doesn't look too rosy in its home and native land.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-23-15 10:12 AM
    I'm just going to hold off on purchasing per my original plan. I'm not keen on being on being a first adapter of the Priv and I'd rather see it used in real world scenarios by the masses before spending my hard earned money on it.

Not to mention the prices from the carrier always drop in and around Christmas and boxing day.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-23-15 10:14 AM
    I think that's the best way to do it as seen by the early adopters of the PlayBook, Z10, Q5 and Q10 disasters. Besides the Christmas shopping season is just around the corner and there will definitely be some sales going for almost all the phones you could find and if BlackBerry doesn't give any incentives, then they're going to miss out!

I'm just going to hold off on purchasing per my original plan. I'm not keen on being on being a first adapter of the Priv and I'd rather see it used in real world scenarios by the masses before spending my hard earned money on it.

Not to mention the prices from the carrier always drop in and around Christmas and boxing day.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    We always welcome the mighty Albertans to the maritime provinces

10-23-15 10:16 AM
    Let the show begin... (grabbing snacks to watch). =0)
    10-23-15 10:18 AM
    This!!

Most people don't even know that BlackBerry still make phones, let alone a "premium" device. BlackBerry's main concern should be becoming relevant again and by releasing an over priced under marketed phone makes this near impossible to achieve.

I feel like the decision makers at this company are horribly out of touch with the current market. They give off the impression that they are steadily sipping their own koolaide, thinking they are still the top dog out there.

It really is hard to watch. Here's hoping

-1 sale

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:18 AM
    We always welcome the mighty Albertans to the maritime provinces

Yes please, I would love to come there. Too many conservative hillbillies in AB, they're going crazy with the new gov't haha
    10-23-15 10:19 AM
    With the major dip in the loonie and an awfully named beast of a phone, the Priv will get flushed down the toilet and Canadians will be able to buy it at half the price within a year from now after BlackBerry's shutting down the hardware division.

Adding in the outrageous high taxes in Canada with the exception to Alberta at only 5% tax, the future of BlackBerry's hardware division doesn't look too rosy in its home and native land.

This is the non subsidized price of the Priv most people will buy it on contract or sell their old device to finance the new flavour of the month. I on the other hand started a Slider fund the second the Priv was announced.
    10-23-15 10:21 AM
    This is the non subsidized price of the Priv most people will buy it on contract or sell their old device to finance the new flavour of the month. I on the other hand started a Slider fund the second the Priv was announced.
    that will still reflect on the subsidized price, and it's just going top push people to go for other phones. BB is definitely going to miss out on many customers.
    10-23-15 10:59 AM
    Yeah most all the Android guys play the same game.... early adopters will pay the most. I'm sure at the minim they'll throw in a number of those rather interested accessories for BlackFriday...

If funny with the iPhone it's different as usually you get your best price at launch as carries fight over customers....
    Despite all my frontin.. I gave in and pulled the trigger. Putting my Passport up for sale on gumtree or something once confirmed shipped.

I'm a sucker. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-23-15 11:15 AM
    Maybe but selling their old BB devices may not help much.. :-)
    10-23-15 11:24 AM
    I'll wait to renew my contract with TELUS... I'm not paying that much for a phone...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:27 AM
    Because the....... if we build it they will come mentality has worked so well for Blackberry in the past.

Right, if they want to compete in device business, they need customers.

There are two types of customers for device business, consumer and corporate clients. I think Chen already give up (at least temporarily) the consumer side business, and is focusing on corporate side. I am not saying I agree with his decision, but that is the strategy he has been preaching for way more than a year.

If we accept that they are executing that strategy, then it shouldn't be a surprise to see their pricing for Priv. Yes, this price may drive away most of the potential consumer clients, I think they know that and they don't care.

What they don't know is: is this pricing going to drive away their potential corporate clients? If not, great, they need that profit margin to support this small niche market. If yes, they may reduce the price to a point that they are still profitable, to see if it works.

If none of these adjustments work, they probably will quit device business. That's what Chen said or eluded to many times.

I know for BlackBerry fans we want them to change strategy again to test consumer market with this Android device (and some of us want them go back to BB10), but unfortunately that's not in their "PlayBook" anymore.

10-23-15 11:38 AM
    $904 from Rogers tax incl. Maybe I should buy a case and head over ??
    Yeah but hold on. That was the price from shop BB. we don't know yet from telus
    10-23-15 01:44 PM
    Yeah but hold on. That was the price from shop BB. we don't know yet from telus
    My theory is that all the carriers will come in at 799CDN upon release, which gives shopBB a 2+ week window at 899CDN which is fine if you need it unlocked and free of carrier logo's etc
    10-23-15 02:13 PM
77 1234