If I remember correctly the Classic was available for pre-order ~one month before the official launch but the Passport only 14 days. I'd imagine that Chen would want to get as much indication as early as possible to whether the Priv is going to be a seller or not and pre-orders would provide good indication of this. Then agin, if news of lackluster pre-orders were to leak (and they would), this is something that may also hurt sales going forward?

I also believe that the longer BlackBerry holds off on pre-orders the more indication that this phone is going to be sold at a higher price point, which Chen may be hoping consumers would overlook based on anticipation and hype.

More of a curiosity than anything, but if anyone knows, post here.
    09-28-15 01:58 PM
    If I remember correctly the Classic was available for pre-order ~one month before the official launch but the Passport only 14 days. I'd imagine that Chen would want to get as much indication as early as possible to whether the Priv is going to be a seller or not and pre-orders would provide good indication of this. Then agin, if news of lackluster pre-orders were to leak (and they would), this is something that may also hurt sales going forward?

I also believe that the longer BlackBerry holds off on pre-orders the more indication that this phone is going to be sold at a higher price point, which Chen may be hoping consumers would overlook based on anticipation and hype.

More of a curiosity than anything, but if anyone knows, post here.

I for one really want them to get this launch right. It would be nice to see a few generic commercials. Meaning that anyone could be utilized no matter who the carrier. As far as pre-orders, I hadn't heard anything- so far.
    09-28-15 02:11 PM
    Agreed I would like to pre-order!!!

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-28-15 03:38 PM
    I definitely would like to be privy to any info about pre-ordering the Priv lol. I don't usually jump to get devices upon their first release into the market, or even get excited about them... But THIS, I cannot WAIT! :-D
    anon4226395 and Xaiux like this.
    09-29-15 11:25 PM
    Best thing is no pre-orders. Make people wait! Then JC will have a real back order this time!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-29-15 11:56 PM