10-18-15 06:06 PM
180 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Because Rogers pissed on BlackBerry .
    Exactly, recent launches were all Telus first, so I don't expect anything different this time round.

I personally don't care, just waiting on Amazon.ca and ShopBB.
    10-14-15 01:30 PM
    Because Rogers pissed on BlackBerry .
    Yep! With the Z30 debacle.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 01:31 PM
    Just did a quick paroose of this thread and didn't see any mention of DTEK, anyone else see the DTEK system warning app mentioned on the reg page?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Saw it on CA site few hours ago.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    10-14-15 01:32 PM
    Saw it on CA site few hours ago.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44

Priv pre-registration page now live! Battery is 3410 mAh :)-img_20151014_230258.png
    Shadowyugi and powereds like this.
    10-14-15 01:35 PM
    I forgot about Doze. I hope it works!

Posted via CB10
    Users of the original Nexus 5 from 2014, which has one of the crappiest battery lifes ever (I should know, I still own one...), have claimed that their standby has increased an incredible amount with Marshmallow. I haven't had a SIM card in mine, so I can't say for certain. I'm on an LG G4 at the moment. But, if the reports are true, Doze is going to make Marshmallow really damn nice...just imagining the Priv with its large battery and Doze standby...yes, please. Sign me up!
    10-14-15 01:36 PM
    I googled it and BGR was the first link. Trash reporting on anything that isnt apple.
    Jonneh and hawklet00 like this.
    10-14-15 01:42 PM
    "PRIV also introduces the exclusive DTEK by BlackBerry warning system app to provide you with the power of privacy."

As previously thought but there is some confirmation.
    10-14-15 01:43 PM
    But isn't Android horribly inefficient with battery? So even though Priv battery is almost as big as Passport, battery won't last as long as it would with BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    10-14-15 01:44 PM
    But isn't Android horribly inefficient with battery? So even though Priv battery is almost as big as Passport, battery won't last as long as it would with BlackBerry 10?
    In my experience, it's the other way around. Take this an just an anecdote, but I've been alternating between Passport and OnePlus One since January (and no, the OPO is not getting laggy, thank you). I have pretty much the same apps installed on both. My usage patterns and locations are the same. The OPO battery is 3100 mAh, compared to the Passport's 3450 mAh. I get about the same battery life on both. I've switched back and forth dozens of times, using one or the other for a week or so at a time, so it's not as if I've just done one comparison.

If the OPO gets about the same life as the Passport on a smaller battery, I'd have to conclude it's somewhat more efficient, don't you think? And that's despite the fact that there is a known bug in Lollipop that keeps the network radio active longer than it should be. Marshmallow supposedly fixes that bug and introduces other battery-saving features (such as the Doze feature that has been mentioned).

I do think 3000 mAh is a minimum for a modern large-screen device, but the Priv is well over that and should be fine.
    Jonneh and LuvULongTime like this.
    10-14-15 01:50 PM
    Nice to see that there is something official. But hell, googled "BlackBerry Priv", clicked on the first link from BlackBerry and got this:
    Attachment 375807

That sucks.

Posted via CB10
    http://global.blackberry.com/en/smar...-register.html

CB10Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-14-15 01:51 PM
    So this website must be orgasmic material for fanboys to keep hitting the "I'm interested in purchasing 10+" Then Chen will declare the response has been overwhelming... not sure of anyone or business that will jump into a bulk order of a new phone, with a new operating system, from a company that has never done new anything very well... I guess that's the desperation option, click the option, make BlackBerry feel warm and fuzzy.
    10-14-15 02:06 PM
    With the new doze feature on marshmallow the idle battery life should be excellent.
    10-14-15 02:09 PM
    So proud of BlackBerry for including a decent 3,410mAh battery.

It beats so many flagships out there. Namely the SGS6 & iPhone 6s / 6s +

"BlackBerry Keep Moving"

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    10-14-15 02:40 PM
    So proud of BlackBerry for including a decent 3,410mAh battery.

It beats so many flagships out there. Namely the SGS6 & iPhone 6s / 6s +

"BlackBerry Keep Moving"

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    It beats the iphone 6s Plus on numbers, but probably not in battery life. the Iphone 6s Plus is being regarded as one of the top end smartphones with the best battery life. It's like the iphones being "less powerfull" for having dual cores... Don't buy that propaganda.
    10-14-15 02:53 PM
    Registered for info.
    If I could find 9 other people in Dallas willing to do this, I think we could. Our company would just simply be BB-lovers.
    If you're serious hit my BBM. Pin:2B1BC93C

I'm in North Dallas

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    10-14-15 02:57 PM
    It beats the iphone 6s Plus on numbers, but probably not in battery life. the Iphone 6s Plus is being regarded as one of the top end smartphones with the best battery life. It's like the iphones being "less powerfull" for having dual cores... Don't buy that propaganda.
    Lot of different factors such as screen resolution - the Z3 Compact was the battery champ because it stuck to a 720p screen (as his its replacement the z5 compact)
    10-14-15 03:16 PM
    Yes this works. But what I wanted to say: Google search results lead to a page that isn't available anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 03:18 PM
    In my experience, it's the other way around. Take this an just an anecdote, but I've been alternating between Passport and OnePlus One since January (and no, the OPO is not getting laggy, thank you). I have pretty much the same apps installed on both. My usage patterns and locations are the same. The OPO battery is 3100 mAh, compared to the Passport's 3450 mAh. I get about the same battery life on both. I've switched back and forth dozens of times, using one or the other for a week or so at a time, so it's not as if I've just done one comparison.

If the OPO gets about the same life as the Passport on a smaller battery, I'd have to conclude it's somewhat more efficient, don't you think? And that's despite the fact that there is a known bug in Lollipop that keeps the network radio active longer than it should be. Marshmallow supposedly fixes that bug and introduces other battery-saving features (such as the Doze feature that has been mentioned).

I do think 3000 mAh is a minimum for a modern large-screen device, but the Priv is well over that and should be fine.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. It gives me hope for a good battery on Priv

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 03:49 PM
    Severely disappointed. Was expecting 3420 mAh.
    I was hoping for a hypervisor so I could use it as a helmet on my motorcycle
    10-14-15 04:01 PM
    Does anyone remember how long it took to launch Passport from the day it had its launch registration page put up?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 04:34 PM
    One month exactly. August 24 and released in September 24.
    10-14-15 04:44 PM
    Lot of different factors such as screen resolution - the Z3 Compact was the battery champ because it stuck to a 720p screen (as his its replacement the z5 compact)
    It's true, but it's what it is. Some LG G3 users managed to run a phone at 1080p instead of QHD, and saw improvements in battery life and speed. I don't want 4k in phone...
    10-14-15 04:51 PM
    Just did a quick search and found this:

BlackBerry Launches BlackBerry Passport Pre-Registration Site | Inside BlackBerry

Passport was listed for pre-registration updates on August 24, 2014 and released on September 24, 2014.
    November 14, 2015 = Blackberry Priv Launch Event, lol
    10-14-15 05:09 PM
    November 14, 2015 = Blackberry Priv Launch Event, lol
    Thanks for finding that. I did a search but couldn't locate it. This falls in line with a post that said it will be on sale at most Canadian carriers after the first week of November. The leak said November 9th or 10th. It would be a day before my birthday. So I'd be happy to get my hands on it. As I have the day off work for the stat holiday! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 05:46 PM
    Signed up!
    10-14-15 06:19 PM
180 ... 23456 ...