But isn't Android horribly inefficient with battery? So even though Priv battery is almost as big as Passport, battery won't last as long as it would with BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget we're still dealing with BlackBerry hardware, even if it isn't an in-house OS. BlackBerry was originally built by engineers and even though the software side of things has lagged behind the pack these last few years, BlackBerry devices have always been known for great build quality.

The internals on the Priv might match up nicely with other flagship Android devices out there, but don't forget about power-saving features like the Paratek antenna (any reason to expect it won't be included on the Priv?) and heat-dissipating features (personally, my devices typically don't heat up very much, even while charging. Does happen on occasion though). That alone might help with battery life on top of the software additions in Marshmallow.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 05:34 PM
    That does it! I'm prolly gonna buy this for sure now once I can find a good deal . Excellent battery for a phone this thin with a keyboard AND sliding mechanism!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 05:50 PM
    Severely disappointed. Was expecting 3420 mAh.
    Didn't it say 3650 at one time. 3410 is to close to 3300 like the lumia 950xl for me to care besides it still places the passport as a great phone and it's no removable as opposed to the afore mentioned 950xl
    10-14-15 06:12 PM
    Battery sounds big on juice! ) hopefully lasts as long as the passport.

Any news on LCD or LED

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-14-15 06:21 PM
    And maybe now people will understand exactly what Smart Slide is. Miss Information was working double time...
    10-14-15 06:27 PM
    Didn't it say 3650 at one time. 3410 is to close to 3300 like the lumia 950xl for me to care besides it still places the passport as a great phone and it's no removable as opposed to the afore mentioned 950xl
    the 950XL and the Priv are so different that I wouldn't even bother comparing them. If you want all apps and PKB you just go with the Priv, if you don't need the pkb, but want the best Windows phone, you go for the 950xl.
    10-14-15 06:57 PM
    Registered for info.
    If I could find 9 other people in Dallas willing to do this, I think we could. Our company would just simply be BB-lovers.
    Will be interested in seeing what the discount is!

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-14-15 08:25 PM
    Anywhere in the 5-5.5" range is good for me.

Don't want it too big.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    I agree with you. Wouldn't want it bigger. Seems like a pretty good size.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-14-15 08:27 PM
    If we compare to the Note 5 can will be even more optimistic because the Note 5 is 3000mAh
    If all things were equal.... yes.

But I think the BlackBerry Experience is going to impact battery life a little.... along with BlackBerry's inexperience working with Android. But I think for most as long as it will last 15 hours or so on one charge that's all they really want, and 3410 mAh should give us that.
    Forgot the Moto X Play - 3630 mAh
    I think our beloved Priv's battery life would be close to a high-end Android device with 3000-3200 mAh battery. Why? Because BB physical keyboard will also consume some juice. So, we will match or just slightly beat Note5. Which is EXCELLENT.
    10-14-15 09:20 PM
    I'm not complaining and I'm also super excited about this phone but is anyone a bit disappointed there's no fingerprint sensor or that it's not usb type c? I've always been a Blackberry fan (using the passport right now) but I'm debating if I should get the nexus 6p only because pricing is comparable. The 6p has all the bells and whistles that Google is trying to tout with marshmallow and the Priv pricing isn't as competitive as other smartphones with similar specs.

But I mean, I'm probably going to stick with Blackberry. Just wondered if I was alone.
    10-14-15 09:49 PM
    I'll probably be getting one to have a play! I'm 50/50 on the Priv or the new lumia 950xl

Same thing here. I have already ordered 950XL Dual SIM. Its a little big for my hands BUT an awesome phone though. Will order Priv also. Will play with both and see which one is good. Wanna see how the Hub works in Android. Besides that, not interested in Android at all. I have Z10 and its perfect size wise. Only issue is the battery life. If there was an option to put a bigger battery in Z10 or a way to increase the battery life I will stick with it.
    I dont know why, why there is a hoard for bigger phones. They just fall on my face while on my bed

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    10-14-15 09:51 PM
    Want

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 10:03 PM
    And maybe now people will understand exactly what Smart Slide is. Miss Information was working double time...
    (I still don't know what "SmartSlide" is, unless it's marketing-speak for "the keyboard is hidden behind the screen.")

Posted via CB10
    gritsinct likes this.
    10-14-15 10:39 PM
    I'm not complaining and I'm also super excited about this phone but is anyone a bit disappointed there's no fingerprint sensor or that it's not usb type c? I've always been a Blackberry fan (using the passport right now) but I'm debating if I should get the nexus 6p only because pricing is comparable. The 6p has all the bells and whistles that Google is trying to tout with marshmallow and the Priv pricing isn't as competitive as other smartphones with similar specs.

But I mean, I'm probably going to stick with Blackberry. Just wondered if I was alone.
    Yeah a finger print scanner would of been great but, I really want that physical keyboard. I'm more concerned about whether it has fast charge or not since there's no removable battery.

Hopefully the priv does well enough that the priv 2 will include a finger print scanner.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-14-15 10:43 PM
    Yeah a finger print scanner would of been great but, I really want that physical keyboard. I'm more concerned about whether it has fast charge or not since there's no removable battery.

Hopefully the priv does well enough that the priv 2 will include a finger print scanner.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    A fingerprint scanner, though convenient and apparently now intimately associated with POS device transactions, may go against BlackBerry's security requirements. Although unlikely for the Average Joe, haven't there been cases/reports of fingerprints being duplicated to gain access into a smart device. Not saying that it won't be done, just a little weary of BlackBerry adopting this technology.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 11:00 PM
    Probably no Verizon model, as usual!!!!
    10-14-15 11:01 PM
    Yeahp, I can make my HTC M9 die in 2.5 hours if I sit on the internet straight.
    Brightness is a big factor. Killed Passport in six, medium brightness. Seems I'm not running it as bright as when I first got it to make it last.

I wish battery was removable... :-|

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-14-15 11:02 PM
    I don't think Rogers is going to get any more Blackberries 1st since they seem to push people away from BB's in recent times where as Telus has been displaying BB's prominently near the front of most stores I would say Telus will be getting them first. Screw Robbers!
    10-14-15 11:11 PM
    Probably no Verizon model, as usual!!!!
    You better be so wrong... >

Posted via CB10
    thebum23 likes this.
    10-14-15 11:12 PM
    @Prem WatsAp: brightness should be on par with any other recent Galaxy amoled screen, in short: bright as eff.
    @MO3iusONE: SD808 should prove for it to have Qualcomm quickcharge 2.0.. but I'd prefer to have the 2.0 and qi fast charging(I'll take the latter). I've seen a note 5 under fast charging and I have to say it's really fast. Makes me wish the Priv had it.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-14-15 11:19 PM

not bothered about no fingerprint scanner........tbh
    10-14-15 11:20 PM
    It's official guys and yes it has a big battery !!!!
    This is the first info I've seen regarding the battery. Anyone have any more details? (I was originally hoping it would be removable, though I'm not holding my breath on that one.)
    10-15-15 12:00 AM
    This is the first info I've seen regarding the battery. Anyone have any more details? (I was originally hoping it would be removable, though I'm not holding my breath on that one.)
    Good, because you'd pass out if you did. All leaks have shown it to have an internal battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:20 AM
    Rogers Sucks .
    anon(8063781) and tufcustomer like this.
    10-15-15 07:02 AM
    I wonder if BBM will work via video chat with BB10 phones seeing it's on an Android system.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-15-15 07:24 AM
180 ... 34567 ...