When it comes to Web surfing, such as 4chan, Reddit, Craigslist, among other things which phone is better in your opinion. The Priv or PP. I've heard a lot of people say that the Passport feels like a laptop replacement and you have less need to "grab your laptop". With the slid out keyboard on the Priv do you still have that same experience?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 10:57 AM
    i'd be curious to hear reactions from passport to priv members as well.

i will say that RedditInMotion is in need of an update as a lot of things don't display properly in the app's web browser. and blackberry's browser is awesome and has great features, but i don't think it's keeping up with web standards (correct me if i'm wrong)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 11:05 AM
    I moved from a Passport to a Priv.

The square screen on the Passport is very pleasant for surfing. However, Chrome on the Priv is faster and it syncs with your desktop. If you need widescreen, just tilt the Priv sideways.

I would say on the whole the Priv is better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    03-03-16 11:20 AM
    I have both and I think the passport is better for browsing. I use the BlackBerry browser on the passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 11:33 AM
    Priv!

I had a passport and it is amazing to browse with yes!

But the Google Chrome browser lags on bb10 so the priv wins!

Sure bb10 browser is the best but not when u use chrome on ur deskstop. Everything syncs never have to do passwords and bookmarks.

Pop up widget on browser shows u your mobile bookmarks instantly so when ur at the store and need to see the sport picks its instant!

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-03-16 11:39 AM
    Anyone use Firefox for Android? And yes I do prefer to use Firefox on the desktop

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 11:43 AM
    passport
    03-03-16 11:51 AM
    Anyone use Firefox for Android? And yes I do prefer to use Firefox on the desktop

Posted via CB10
    I use firefox for Android. It syncs with the Desktop one too. It's far better than chrome. Or I just don't like chrome
    03-03-16 11:52 AM
    I have both and I think the passport is better for browsing. I use the BlackBerry browser on the passport.

Is that simply because of the wider screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 12:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use both for some instances! But Firefox has a stutter that drove me nuts while scrolling

Desktop app I mean

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-03-16 12:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use it. I have no issues... it's probably a little bit slower than Chrome, but that's OK. I have them synced through my Firefox account.

03-03-16 12:50 PM
    Is that simply because of the wider screen?

Posted via CB10
    Between the screen size and the keyboard shortcuts on the BB10 browser. The BB10 browser seems like it was made for a mobile device. Chrome on the PRIV feels like it's a desktop browser that works on a mobile device.

If the passport had the toolbelt of the classic with the trackpad it would be the ultimate Web device because you would have the mouse pointer plus the larger screen, plus the physical back button. You would never have to touch the screen at all.

FobiddenRiceman likes this.
    03-03-16 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I do because it looked better to me than the chrome and yes is synchronizing with the desktop.
    03-03-16 03:57 PM