I have searched the forums and not seen a discussion of this. Is it possible to use Priv for PowerPoint presentations or displaying video on projectors via Slimport HDMI? I would be using this for classroom instruction. I have seen reference to this with the Passport but no discussion re Priv.

And how are the MS PowerPoint and other apps on Android? Are they as fully functional as advertised? Miracast would also be great but the classrooms are not equipped with the proper dongles.

Thanks for your advice and feedback.
    11-30-16 11:10 AM
    The Microsoft Office apps for Android are quite good, and doing a slide presentation is pretty straight forward, so that should not be an issue. As long as you can connect to the projector with HDMI, there shouldn't be a problem. Get a Slimport adapter and try it out on your TV first.
    rfin16 and FF22 like this.
    11-30-16 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I will try out the Slimport adapter on devices at home first. I assume Youtube and other video content could also be projected in the same way?

Thanks again for your help.
    11-30-16 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I will try out the Slimport adapter on devices at home first. I assume Youtube and other video content could also be projected in the same way?

Thanks again for your help.
    Anything on your phone will show via HDMI and the slimport. Make sure you get a good Slimport. The cheaper ones seem to drop the connection.
    11-30-16 06:19 PM
    Okay thanks. I guess I will learn it all when I get the PRIV and learn how to pause notifications during presentations and videos as well which I assume is possible. What brands of Slimport do best? Thanks again.
    11-30-16 06:27 PM
    This is the Slimport Adapter featured on Shop BlackBerry: ShopBlackBerry Online Store - SlimPort HDMI Adapter
    11-30-16 07:36 PM
    Okay thanks. I guess I will learn it all when I get the PRIV and learn how to pause notifications during presentations and videos as well which I assume is possible. What brands of Slimport do best? Thanks again.
    One issue to look out for - you might end up entering a password for all to see if you device is locked when you are connected or if it times out and locks.
    11-30-16 10:09 PM
    One issue to look out for - you might end up entering a password for all to see if you device is locked when you are connected or if it times out and locks.
    If you use picture password that shouldn't really matter.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-30-16 10:42 PM
    Would this be different than on WIndows 10? I enter a password when on projector but it just shows as ......... etc.. Thanks for the input and will shop for connectors as well.
    Last edited by rfin16; 12-01-16 at 07:15 AM.
    12-01-16 06:57 AM
    Also has anyone had experience with the Viaplay Slimport line? Good Amazon reviews at least. Thanks again.
    12-01-16 07:12 AM
    Would this be different than on WIndows 10? I enter a password when on projector but it just shows as ......... etc.. Thanks for the input and will shop for connectors as well.
    Sometimes it depends on the app or device. I know in some instances, each number will briefly show then fade to DOT, then next number, fade, etc.

I know at one time, Amazon had a connector that looked exactly like the one sold by ShopBB. But that was from the pictures. But there were others with similar colors but not the same.
    12-01-16 08:41 AM
    Yes, Windows 10 is different. It does let you optionally show the entire password as you type it, but normally no characters are shown as you type.
    Your phone, however, shows each character as you type it and then immediately hides it.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-16 12:09 PM
    Thanks for letting me know. So be sure to login before connecting I guess.
    newcollector likes this.
    12-01-16 02:16 PM
    Actually if you go to settings, then security, you can toggle off "make passwords visible".

You may still run into the problem where a bit of lag may still show what numbers you are pressing on the on - screen number pad (if you use a numerical pin), you would have to test that out. But the password should not actually appear in the field box, should just be .........
    FF22 likes this.
    12-02-16 07:34 AM
    Thanks. I also noted this on the Blackberry site. Could I set the screen to respond to a pattern which wold not be visible to the audience when unlocking?

The first step is securing your device is turning on the screen lock feature. To do this, go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and select your desired screen lock from the listing below;

Swipe – A single swipe will unlock the device. Be advised, this option does not provide any security.
    Pattern – Draw a pattern on a grid to unlock the device.
    Picture – Move a number that you choose to specific location on a picture to unlock the device
    PIN – Enter a four digit PIN
    Password – Enter a password that can use letters, numbers & symbols
    12-02-16 10:08 PM
    Thanks. I also noted this on the Blackberry site. Could I set the screen to respond to a pattern which wold not be visible to the audience when unlocking?

The first step is securing your device is turning on the screen lock feature. To do this, go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock and select your desired screen lock from the listing below;

Swipe � A single swipe will unlock the device. Be advised, this option does not provide any security.
    Pattern � Draw a pattern on a grid to unlock the device.
    Picture � Move a number that you choose to specific location on a picture to unlock the device
    PIN � Enter a four digit PIN
    Password � Enter a password that can use letters, numbers & symbols
    Like I noted before, picture password is designed to remain secure even if people see you doing it. No one but you knows the number OR the location. The number grid is randomized each time, to make it hard to guess even after watching multiple times.
    12-02-16 10:49 PM

Swipe � A single swipe will unlock the device. Be advised, this option does not provide any security.
    Pattern � Draw a pattern on a grid to unlock the device.
    Picture � Move a number that you choose to specific location on a picture to unlock the device
    PIN � Enter a four digit PIN
    Password � Enter a password that can use letters, numbers & symbols
    You could use picture password.
    12-03-16 02:36 AM
    Unfortunately, I think picture password is disabled if you are hooked up to a secured exchange account. May not be the case for the OP, but it is for others
    12-03-16 07:27 AM
    Probably not connected to such an account. I login to the office systems using stand alone devices with their own passwords but have not tried a picture password as yet. Thanks for your input.
    12-03-16 07:34 AM