Hello guys, my Priv is just about an year old and suddenly power button stopped working. I started using screen lock app. 3 days ago my battery drained and phone died, i charged the phone to 100% but the problem is power button doesn't work so i can't turn-on the phone. Can someone help with this please? i went to bb service centres in india as i am here for business, but they say the imei of device says its not sold in india so they couldn't handle it, and the other said the button works well and its the software issue hence he can't help. Now i am with no phone since 3 days where my conversations are abruptly stopped and major setback for my work. emergency situation and bb support via twitter is not much of a help, they would want to charge $35 for a call with no guarantee of fixing it. what should i do? any method to just get the device to turn-on at this point please? Thanks, SV
    10-11-17 02:43 PM
    Hello guys, my Priv is just about an year old and suddenly power button stopped working. I started using screen lock app. 3 days ago my battery drained and phone died, i charged the phone to 100% but the problem is power button doesn't work so i can't turn-on the phone. Can someone help with this please? i went to bb service centres in india as i am here for business, but they say the imei of device says its not sold in india so they couldn't handle it, and the other said the button works well and its the software issue hence he can't help. Now i am with no phone since 3 days where my conversations are abruptly stopped and major setback for my work. emergency situation and bb support via twitter is not much of a help, they would want to charge $35 for a call with no guarantee of fixing it. what should i do? any method to just get the device to turn-on at this point please? Thanks, SV
    If less than a year, there should still be warranty service. But check, is the power button stuck on the case edge?
    10-11-17 11:25 PM
    Hi, the power button is not stuck to the edge. It seems to e pressing normally but just not turning on the phone. A phone that costs this much dies in an year is such a bad news for the company. Nonetheless, i would like o solution to turn on the device so i can migrate from this unreliable device/service please. Thanks
    10-11-17 11:47 PM
    This may be a long shot, but my daughter recently had a similar issue with the Priv I gave her when I bought my KEYone. Make sure it's fully charged (maybe overnight to be sure,) then try to reboot it by holding the power button down for 32 seconds. Her Priv appeared to be dead/unresponsive even after fully charging, but this managed to revive it, and now she doesn't let it get below 20% charge. Until we held the power button down for half a minute, we couldn't get any response, even after plugging it into a PC.
    10-12-17 12:32 AM
    Hi Sarek, I tried this and still no response. My power button is not responsive at all in the first place. Although my battery is 100% charged, there is no other way to turn-on the phone if the power button doesnt work...
    10-12-17 01:54 AM
    Hi Sarek, I tried this and still no response. My power button is not responsive at all in the first place. Although my battery is 100% charged, there is no other way to turn-on the phone if the power button doesnt work...
    Some times my volume down button stops working for some reason. I push it up or down a bit from the side with my finger nail and it then starts working again. I've had to do this a number of times already. You could give it a shot, maybe it's the same type of issue.
    10-12-17 10:22 AM
    Some times my volume down button stops working for some reason. I push it up or down a bit from the side with my finger nail and it then starts working again. I've had to do this a number of times already. You could give it a shot, maybe it's the same type of issue.
    Yes, I seem to recall this happening to one of my volume buttons as well. Worth a try to see if it's 'stuck' inside.
    10-12-17 10:32 AM
    Had the same thing happen to my power button as well. Since about two months I'm running my PRIV without power button. I always try to make sure my phone doesn't die on me.
    I suspect that my contact's are fried because it shorty happened after my PRIV overheated like crazy.
    However, I think I recall a post here that you may turn on your phone if you connect it via USB to a Laptop or computer.
    Maybe you can try that to get your Priv up an running again.
    Good Luck.
    Once my Cashflow comes back I try it with a phone repair shop and see if they can get it fixed. Maybe you can try the same
    10-13-17 06:28 AM
    Hello guys, thank you everybody for the support. The blackberry help people were of no help. They simply stopped supporting, literally gave up. I find it disgraceful for a product that has a big price tag... with huge disappointment i write now that blackberry has become very unreliable.
    This company whose products i stayed loyal to for more than a decade has become a nightmare to me, adding to that the unprofessional behaviour of bb support team is just unacceptable. Its a shame, such a beautiful product dies after 1year and i don't see a reason to spend that much for it... when bb product is meant for just 1 year then the price should not be on the premium range i think, despite its sophisticated and security features, whats the point? bb products are so secure that even the owner can't revive his own data...
    I have been trying all the above mentioned troubleshoots, but beyond this i think we should not come to this stage just after an year isn't it?
    10-15-17 03:41 AM
    Hello guys, thank you everybody for the support. The blackberry help people were of no help. They simply stopped supporting, literally gave up. I find it disgraceful for a product that has a big price tag... with huge disappointment i write now that blackberry has become very unreliable.
    This company whose products i stayed loyal to for more than a decade has become a nightmare to me, adding to that the unprofessional behaviour of bb support team is just unacceptable. Its a shame, such a beautiful product dies after 1year and i don't see a reason to spend that much for it... when bb product is meant for just 1 year then the price should not be on the premium range i think, despite its sophisticated and security features, whats the point? bb products are so secure that even the owner can't revive his own data...
    I have been trying all the above mentioned troubleshoots, but beyond this i think we should not come to this stage just after an year isn't it?
    10-15-17 03:41 AM