Hello,
    I was able to use my priv's physical keyboard right ctrl key for shortcuts such as cut, copy, paste, select all, bold, italic etc.
    All of a sudden I realized these shortcuts were no longer functional.
    I accessed settings/ language and input/ blackberry keyboard settings/ advanced but in here, the option to select physical keyboard ctrl key (whether left or right) just doesn't appear. The option to select soft keyboard ctrl key (?123) however still exists and is also functional.

Can somebody please assist what do I have to do?
    02-28-18 09:23 PM
    You're in the right place when it comes to a KeyOne (I just have to scroll down to near the bottom).
    After language and input, I have to go to Keyboard Settings first and then BlackBerry Keyboard Settings

Not sure where the PRIV is storing the CTRL key configuration.

Anyone with a PRIV, please assist..
    03-01-18 10:37 AM
    Hi there!

I got exactly the same problem, but no solution yet.
    I suspect an update of the BlackBerry-Keyboard app from the Play Store to be responsible for this.
    Anybody else got a clue?

Greets
    jacks
    03-07-18 04:50 AM
    Hi there!

I got exactly the same problem, but no solution yet.
    I suspect an update of the BlackBerry-Keyboard app from the Play Store to be responsible for this.
    Anybody else got a clue?

Greets
    jacks
    I think the problem is software related and hence blackberry should be made aware of this issue. I tried to access blackberry's support page on it's website but my phone being purchased from AT&T, they couldn't help me.
    @Jacks: did you purchase the phone directly from blackberry? If yes then maybe you could write to them directly?
    03-07-18 07:09 PM
    @mcpsoff
    Got mine from amazon (STV100-4). I'll check this at the weekend and keep you updated.
    03-08-18 12:08 PM
    @mcpsoff
    Got mine from amazon (STV100-4). I'll check this at the weekend and keep you updated.
    @jackSS13, thanks and have a nice day..
    03-08-18 09:29 PM
    @jackSS13.. Just noticed am not able to connect my phone to computer via USB. Are you facing the same problem too? What is happening with blackberry phones..!!
    03-09-18 02:04 AM
    I have the same problem, guys. Have you received any reply from BB?
    03-10-18 03:35 PM
    Just to keep you updated: have had to work this weekend. Gonna contact BB in the course of the week.
    Do you know where to post a bug report?

And to sum this up: we all got the problem not to have the possibility to use a physical key for 'Ctrl+?' shortcuts, right?
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-11-18 02:25 PM
    Hello,
    I was able to use my priv's physical keyboard right ctrl key for shortcuts such as cut, copy, paste, select all, bold, italic etc.
    All of a sudden I realized these shortcuts were no longer functional.
    I accessed settings/ language and input/ blackberry keyboard settings/ advanced but in here, the option to select physical keyboard ctrl key (whether left or right) just doesn't appear. The option to select soft keyboard ctrl key (?123) however still exists and is also functional.

Can somebody please assist what do I have to do?
    Hello on my PRIV yes the physical CTRL setting is no longer in menu. But on physical keyboard if I hold down right shift arrow show on screen shows CTRL activated and CTRL shortcuts work perfectly. But no setting to change to Left arrow or disable.

Interesting.
    03-11-18 07:09 PM
    Hello on my PRIV yes the physical CTRL setting is no longer in menu. But on physical keyboard if I hold down right shift arrow show on screen shows CTRL activated and CTRL shortcuts work perfectly. But no setting to change to Left arrow or disable.

Interesting.
    Hello Rico4u,
    I tried your suggested method but it didn't work for me. I long pressed the right ctrl key and the 'caps lock' got activated. Upon simultaneous pressing of this right ctrl key and shortcut keys such as A/Z/B/I/U/X/C/V etc, only the respective alphabets are typed on the screen but the shortcut action doesn't happen.
    03-11-18 07:22 PM
    Hello Rico4u,
    I tried your suggested method but it didn't work for me. I long pressed the right ctrl key and the 'caps lock' got activated. Upon simultaneous pressing of this right ctrl key and shortcut keys such as A/Z/B/I/U/X/C/V etc, only the respective alphabets are typed on the screen but the shortcut action doesn't happen.
    We definitely need an update for PRIV. On my KEYONE the menu setting for CTRL shortcuts still there where you select Left, Right or None.
    03-11-18 07:29 PM
    We definitely need an update for PRIV. On my KEYONE the menu setting for CTRL shortcuts still there where you select Left, Right or None.
    Thanks for your replies..
    Is there a way to let blackberry know of the problems being faced? I can't contact them directly as mine is an AT&T phone.
    03-11-18 07:31 PM
    Thanks for your replies..
    Is there a way to let blackberry know of the problems being faced? I can't contact them directly as mine is an AT&T phone.
    Mine is also a factory unlocked AT&T and I also face the same problem since yesterday. I just had a factory reset, and hence all my apps had been updated. Since then ctrl is gone.

The method described above didn't worked for me either.
    03-12-18 06:19 AM
    I noticed that I can't even connect the priv to the computer. Upon connection of phone using USB cable, the options of MTP/ PTP just don't appear. No setting change option under settings/ storage either..

IS JOHN CHEN LISTENING TO ALL THIS???!!!!!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-12-18 06:45 AM
    Mine is also a factory unlocked AT&T and I also face the same problem since yesterday. I just had a factory reset, and hence all my apps had been updated. Since then ctrl is gone.

The method described above didn't worked for me either.
    Just installed the KEYBOARD app update but in advanced settings did not see CTRL key option for PKB.
    03-13-18 05:06 PM
    Just installed the KEYBOARD app update but in advanced settings did not see CTRL key option for PKB.
    Same thing. Submitted this bug via feedback to them, dunno if it reached them.

I noticed that I can't even connect the priv to the computer. Upon connection of phone using USB cable, the options of MTP/ PTP just don't appear. No setting change option under settings/ storage either..

How this stuff relates to missing ctrl? Just start your own thread.
    03-13-18 06:03 PM

Why should John Chen even care?
    03-13-18 06:09 PM
    Just got an answer from BB.
    Seems like [email protected] is only responsible for BlackBerry Mobile Motion/KEYone/Dtek tech support.
    I'll try their contact form.

Priv physical keyboard ctrl key selection option missing-bb.png
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-14-18 03:22 PM
    Have to call them...

Priv physical keyboard ctrl key selection option missing-bb2.png
    03-14-18 03:26 PM
    I'm sure this is a software bug. I think the best way to get our voice heared is sending feedback to the developer. I did it via Play store, if I get any reaction I'll post it here.
    jackSS13 likes this.
    03-15-18 06:40 AM
    Wow, they responded fast:
    Attached Thumbnails Priv physical keyboard ctrl key selection option missing-screenshot_20180316-210346.jpg  
    jackSS13, Rico4you and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-16-18 03:07 PM
    @room303 Many thanks for the update!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-20-18 11:40 AM
    @room303 Many thanks for the update!
    Just got BlackBerry Keyboard updated and setting for physical keyboard CRTL is back! select and gives you option: left shift CTRL, right shift CTRL or None. It's back! And working!

awesome support BlackBerry
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-29-18 05:01 PM
    Just got BlackBerry Keyboard updated and setting for physical keyboard CRTL is back! select and gives you option: left shift CTRL, right shift CTRL or None. It's back! And working!

awesome support BlackBerry
    what app version do you have?
    03-30-18 01:06 AM
29 12