I couldn't find another thread about the Priv physical keyboard. I'm having some issues with it when it is time to swipe screens or flick words. Whether I'm typing an email or text message... it will stop responding. I look in the settings if... we can adjust the sensitivity or not. I couldn't find anything. I am on my second device since the first one was doing this non responsive thing even worst. Same with typing and wanting to erase words... no response. The virtual keyboard works like a charm. I've also noticed the device getting warm... warmer than it should be just by performing little tasks like viewing the Web etc. Could that be related with the non responsive physical keyboard or could it be software issue? I love this phone, people at work and my entourage can't believe BlackBerry came out with it. Just looking forward to see if I'm the only one having this issue.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 03:48 PM
    The first thing you should do is make sure you manually update all the BlackBerry apps...hub, dtek, camera, calendar, bbm, BlackBerry services, content transfer app etc

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 04:25 PM
    Appreciate the reply. Before I even set up anything on the device, I update all the blackberry apps...let it settled, then did the set up

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 04:31 PM
    After digging into the matter... it appears that lots of apps haven't adopted yet the keyboard gestures. It's not a device malfunction. Keep peace in mind if you find your physical keyboard is not responsive ... the Priv is NOT defective ! Just be patient for software updates and apps updates. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 04:43 PM
    One thing I found is almost the opposite; sometimes apps were too responsive to the gestures and built-in commands. If the text box in an app did not have focus, I do not notice it directly anymore (due to the huge virtual keyboard no longer taking up half of my screen). It happened to me on several occasions that I wanted to type e.g. 'thank you', but without focus, the T is recognized as 'scroll to top' and the apps went haywire trying to download old messages :P

Also on many occasions I've deleted words by accidentally swiping from right to left, once even a sentence by holding shift while accidentally swiping up (selecting a line), then starting to type the new word I wanted to type.
    11-17-15 06:03 PM