Hi to everyone, im wondering why the priv should be so slow when multitasking, and by that I mean using google maps and phone. Is not much for a multitasking right? If I try to use more apps it will freeze. Im just wondering what should I do. It wasn't like this before. I clear cache and cookies all the time so I dont know what should I do more. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading
    08-17-17 10:12 PM
    Did you clear the cached data under storage in settings?
    Last edited by conite; 08-17-17 at 11:18 PM.
    08-17-17 10:23 PM
    Do you clear the cached data under storage in settings?
    Yes I do that every day and still not getting a good performance yet, its very weird cause it started to slow down these days, and no new apps were installed, maybe those automatic updates who knows, or maybe the ram memory they use and even if they use a lot I dont know how to fix that without the app being deleted.
    08-17-17 11:11 PM
    Yes I do that every day and still not getting a good performance yet, its very weird cause it started to slow down these days, and no new apps were installed, maybe those automatic updates who knows, or maybe the ram memory they use and even if they use a lot I dont know how to fix that without the app being deleted.
    Don't do it every day - only when it gets to around 1GB or more.

Try a 32 second reboot.

After that, all that's left is to try a factory restore.
    08-17-17 11:19 PM
    Don't do it every day - only when it gets to around 1GB or more.

Try a 32 second reboot.

After that, all that's left is to try a factory restore.
    Well actually the device shows more than 2 GB of memory use so I dont know how to fix that. And if I do a factory reset its gonna wipe everything on the device
    08-18-17 01:19 PM
    Well actually the device shows more than 2 GB of memory use so I dont know how to fix that. And if I do a factory reset its gonna wipe everything on the device
    Have you filled up the device's storage? That can impact performance.
    Are you using Location Services, or the native Facebook app? Those can slow things down.

Definitely try the 32 second reboot - Android needs to be rebooted periodically, like the Windows of old.
    08-18-17 01:22 PM
    I'm not talking about memory usage. I'm talking about cache app data.
    08-18-17 01:44 PM
    Have you filled up the device's storage? That can impact performance.
    Are you using Location Services, or the native Facebook app? Those can slow things down.

Definitely try the 32 second reboot - Android needs to be rebooted periodically, like the Windows of old.
    Nope my device storage is 16 GB out of 23.86 GB so I dont think thats a problem and yeah I use location services as well as native Fb app but I dont use Fb while im multitasking between google maps and calls so I dont think it can impact, maybe who knows
    08-18-17 01:59 PM
    I'm not talking about memory usage. I'm talking about cache app data.
    Oh yeah, the memory used in cached app data doesn't go more than 1 GB and I clear it immediately when I see that number
    08-18-17 02:01 PM
    I did a restart of the phone and nothing changed, by the way is the memory ram usage normal do be 2 GB and up all the time?
    08-18-17 02:04 PM
    I did a restart of the phone and nothing changed, by the way is the memory ram usage normal do be 2 GB and up all the time?
    Yes. Android tries to keep the memory in use as much as possible. Unused ram is wasted ram.

It may be time for a factory reset. Not a bad thing to do every few months.
    08-18-17 02:15 PM
    Yes. Android tries to keep the memory in use as much as possible. Unused ram is wasted ram.

It may be time for a factory reset. Not a bad thing to do every few months.
    Well I guess so but im worried about the performance later, im going to install again all the apps that I need and dont you think that it's gonna be slowed down again? How about the 32 second reboot method? How I can do that?
    08-18-17 02:31 PM
    Well I guess so but im worried about the performance later, im going to install again all the apps that I need and dont you think that it's gonna be slowed down again? How about the 32 second reboot method? How I can do that?
    Clearing out the cobwebs with a factory reset should improve things for a long time.

You can try the reboot (hold power button down for 32 seconds), but it's a longshot.
    08-18-17 02:53 PM
    Well I'm on here because I'm on my 3rd Priv in last 12 months. I was having the same issue with this new one and called Blackberry. Went through the standard reset talk and cache etc etc. Finally they had me send in my bug report and I was told this is a hardware issue in my case and now I need a new phone again.
    08-18-17 05:16 PM
    factory reset, is a wipe of the phone correct
    08-18-17 08:07 PM
    factory reset, is a wipe of the phone correct
    Yes.
    thekidshop likes this.
    08-18-17 09:01 PM
    so why is it that we have to do this , is it a android thing ? the rest and all . it's very annoying. on an average day I have up to 63 running apps for what reason?? is this a priv issue??
    08-19-17 11:02 PM
    so why is it that we have to do this , is it a android thing ? the rest and all . it's very annoying. on an average day I have up to 63 running apps for what reason?? is this a priv issue??
    It's like Windows - a house cleaning is helpful every now and then.
    08-19-17 11:22 PM
    Yes I hear you, but every week....
    08-19-17 11:23 PM
    Yes I hear you, but every week....
    I suggested every few months.
    08-19-17 11:30 PM
    a full wipe? sorry just trying to figure this all out my priv has been brutal lately
    08-20-17 12:02 AM
    a full wipe? sorry just trying to figure this all out my priv has been brutal lately
    Factory reset.
    08-20-17 07:17 AM
    hold down the power button for 32 second
    08-20-17 10:50 AM
    Before doing a factory reset, try doing the 32 secoind reboot. Hold down the power button until the phone vibrates. Ignore the pop up shut down/restart window. Phone will reboot which is different than a restart. Reboot is like doing a battery pull on the old BlackBerry devices.
    thekidshop likes this.
    08-21-17 11:51 AM