I keep reading posts from new Priv owners about "the hub is buggy, the hub doesn't work, this doesn't work, etc etc "

Go to GPS and manually update all the BlackBerry apps NOW so that your not continually being frustrated by older versions of apps on a NEW phone and ecosystem! Enjoy your new phone ppl!!

You can thank me later

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-07-15 10:34 AM
    GPS is short for Google Play Store in this instance. Just clarifying since a lot of people here seem to have never used Android before.
    B_Rad BurnZ likes this.
    11-07-15 10:45 AM
    Funny I was just going to post this. Great tip.

If I can add one thing. If they do not automatically appear for an update, go into the Google Play Store and search "BlackBerry Limited". There will be a list of all apps and the ones that need updating will be listed.

I came from an s5 and they did not automatically appear for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 10:50 AM
    Perhaps they should post this on the CB home screen beneath the review of the PRIV

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:56 AM
    Can I just know why these apps had to be updated manually rather than get pushed to me? It seems like BlackBerry always manages to miss something.
    11-07-15 10:56 AM
    Yup. Do it. Makes a HUGE difference the more I use the phone
    11-07-15 10:57 AM
    Yeah I updated mine, you still can't add attachments from the SD card in the hub and it's still really buggy.
    11-07-15 10:57 AM
    I got my Priv last night, didn't get notifications for app updates until this morning. Apparently it just takes a while to get the notifications.

11-07-15 11:01 AM
    Can I just know why these apps had to be updated manually rather than get pushed to me? It seems like BlackBerry always manages to miss something.
    Very good question. I am puzzled at this too. I thought it might have been just me as I am coming from another android device.

It does make a huge difference.

11-07-15 11:01 AM
    Funny I was just going to post this. Great tip.

If I can add one thing. If they do not automatically appear for an update, go into the Google Play Store and search "BlackBerry Limited". There will be a list of all apps and the ones that need updating will be listed.

I came from an s5 and they did not automatically appear for me.

Did the update manually and yes works much better.

11-07-15 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the tip! Just updated almost all the apps.
    11-07-15 11:43 AM
    It's Google Play... it takes a bit of time before you get notified. It will eventually do it

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-07-15 11:48 AM
    Yeah I updated mine, you still can't add attachments from the SD card in the hub and it's still really buggy.
    Not natively but with a third-party file manager, such as Solid Explorer, you can access (read and write) the microSD card. But first update all the BlackBerry applications via Google Play Store (search for BlackBerry Limited) and the MicrosoftExFAT device driver in case your media card uses Microsoft exFAT; in any event you will need it is you ever upgrade to a 2TB microSD card.
    11-07-15 11:49 AM
    Not natively but with a third-party file manager, such as Solid Explorer, you can access (read and write) the microSD card. But first update all the BlackBerry applications via Google Play Store (search for BlackBerry Limited) and the MicrosoftExFAT device driver in case your media card uses Microsoft exFAT; in any event you will need it is you ever upgrade to a 2TB microSD card.
    No listen, you can't. The hub doesn't see the SD card document folders. Its a bug in the hub.
    11-07-15 11:53 AM
    I got my Priv last night, didn't get notifications for app updates until this morning. Apparently it just takes a while to get the notifications.

Play only checks once a day.
    11-07-15 11:59 AM
    No listen, you can't. The hub doesn't see the SD card document folders. Its a bug in the hub.
    Yes you can. When the select file screen comes up choose the top right most menu (vertical ...) And choose "Show SD card".

11-07-15 12:06 PM
    When I compose an email (not a gmail account) I can click on the paper clip icon, navigate to the microSD card device, select the file, and send the email. I have done it several times since yesterday as tests. You need a third-party file manager.

BlackBerry Hub -> Compose Message icon -> select email account -> click paper clip icon -> select File -> select four bars icon (left corner of screen) -> select SD card -> navigate to file to attach -> select file -> send email.
    11-07-15 12:11 PM
    Do a reboot

11-07-15 12:14 PM
    When I compose an email (not a gmail account) I can click on the paper clip icon, navigate to the microSD card device, select the file, and send the email. I have done it several times since yesterday as tests. You need a third-party file manager.

BlackBerry Hub -> Compose Message icon -> select email account -> click paper clip icon -> select File -> select four bars icon (left corner of screen) -> select SD card -> navigate to file to attach -> select file -> send email.
    The SD Card is not listed in the drop down when in the hub. Its listed in the Gmail app, but not in the hub. Here is a screenshot. Show me a screen shot of your hub where it lists the sd card as an option and where you can show folders with documents (not music or pictures).

Priv People.. Update BlackBerry Apps First!-screenshot_2015-11-06-21-31-01.jpg
    11-07-15 12:16 PM
    The SD Card is not listed in the drop down when in the hub. Its listed in the Gmail app, but not in the hub. Here is a screenshot. Show me a screen shot of your hub where it lists the sd card as an option and where you can show folders with documents (not music or pictures).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-06-21-31-01.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	379439
    My microSD card shows up as an icon of a microSD card and as the label "microSD card." Yes, the smartphone was rebooted after updating all the Blackberry applications.
    11-07-15 12:29 PM
    People report the bugs to BlackBerry so they can fix them, email to bbappsupport @ blackberry dot com and let them now what you found.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 12:35 PM
    My microSD card shows up as an icon of a microSD card and as the label "microSD card." Yes, the smartphone was rebooted after updating all the Blackberry applications.
    Not in the hub it doesn't.
    11-07-15 12:35 PM
    This needs to be a sticky.

I posted this a few times last night after I noticed how drastic of a change it made once I updated ALL BB apps. Camera focus faster, Hub smoother and accounts sync easily, calendar and Password Keeper back, etc. No clue what "Blackberry Services" does exactly, but there was an update for that too and it sounds important LOL.
    11-07-15 12:38 PM
    Not in the hub it doesn't.
    What do you mean not in BlackBerry Hub? That is how I access my email via the hub's compose icon. Post a screen capture, please.
    11-07-15 12:38 PM
    Yes do update

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:40 PM
30 12