Long story short...

Phone charging point broke...took 9 months to fix and now forgotten password.

Everywhere I have looked says after 10 attempts it should revert to factory settings , but i am up to 83 attemtps so far ! I really don't want to lose the data on the phone but at this stage anyway of getting the blooming thing to work would be really appreciated !

If it means anything to anyone it's a 2015 Priv.

Thank you
    05-17-20 09:28 AM
    Long story short...

Phone charging point broke...took 9 months to fix and now forgotten password.

Everywhere I have looked says after 10 attempts it should revert to factory settings , but i am up to 83 attemtps so far ! I really don't want to lose the data on the phone but at this stage anyway of getting the blooming thing to work would be really appreciated !

If it means anything to anyone it's a 2015 Priv.

Thank you
    You must have inadvertently disabled the 10 attempt limit.

You have two choices - keep trying indefinitely, or run an autoloader.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...roid-os-reload
    05-17-20 11:04 AM
    Thank you very much. A friend set up my phone so it's possible they disabled it. That would make sense though. At least I know I probably haven't lost the data yet though if I haven't got the password right in 87 attempts I am not sure I will if I just keep going haha.

If not then I will try and figure out how to use the autoloader. I presume you can down load it to a laptop then connect that to your phone and working it that way ?

Thanks again
    05-17-20 11:18 AM
    Thank you very much. A friend set up my phone so it's possible they disabled it. That would make sense though. At least I know I probably haven't lost the data yet though if I haven't got the password right in 87 attempts I am not sure I will if I just keep going haha.

If not then I will try and figure out how to use the autoloader. I presume you can down load it to a laptop then connect that to your phone and working it that way ?

Thanks again
    Instructions are in the link. But yes, you'll need a PC.
    05-17-20 11:53 AM