I've had my priv for a week now. Overall, I am impressed. However, I've picked up this problem with the password. At first I thought I did something wrong, but it's now happened probably 10 times. I type my password(s) - doesn't matter which apps/ website/password keeper etc as and when needed to log in. Later, when I switch to another background (communications)app, say sms or WhatsApp, the password is there, in plain sight, in the message block, ready to send. I don't run dodgy apps, DTEK shows my phone security is at 100% and I am not stupid when it gets to technology. Any ideas why this would happen? It's a big concern for me.
    Wheeljack2k and WT44 like this.
    10-11-16 12:45 AM
    Happened to me since the last couple of keyboard updates

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-16 12:53 AM
    This should be reported to BB. Hopefully, one of the BB folks, Cody Bryant, sees it if it is associated with keyboard updates.
    WT44 likes this.
    10-11-16 09:06 AM
    I've noticed the same... not just passwords, anything from the clipboard memory

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv by BlackBerry
    Vladimir Putin likes this.
    10-12-16 03:02 PM
    Yep, add me to the list. It has happened to me several times.

10-12-16 11:06 PM
    Hi Folks,

The keyboard will learn when you type into fields. It won't (or shouldn't) learn in password fields (assuming the field is defined as a password field). I would love your help in diagnosing this to see where the issue comes up.

If you could clear the offending word (Settings->Language and Input->Blackberry keyboard settings->Prediction and correction->Restricted words -> Hit the “+” sign in the top right -> Click “See Learned words” -> You could then restrict words from being predicted or clear your learned words) - apologies if I don't have that perfectly correct as we are making changes in this area and I only have the latest devices at home with me, but I think that I am close enough for you to get rid of that password learned word.

Once you clear the word, please go back to operating as usual but note any time that you use your password - did it get entered in an incorrect field (e.g. sometimes I enter it in a username field by mistake and that could get learned)? After you enter it on a specific website do you see it in your learned words afterwards (maybe the website doesn't tag it as a password field)? I see references to Hub above - how does it happen there?

Any specific info or guidance that you could provide would help me to troubleshoot. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Jay

Disclosure - I am a BlackBerry employee but comments are my own
    10-13-16 09:31 AM
    I have noticed this as well and when you retype it in its fine. Only when it suggests say your email which is a common user ID and you tap it above the v keyboard does it register incorrectly. I think it's reading an extra space in there, but I never saw one. I determined this on some field that stated that and assumed it was a consistent issue.
    10-13-16 11:09 AM
    Hey Jay,
    So i'm also impacted by this issue on a regular basis. I first noticed it on my first blackberry priv, but due to assorted issues i had to send it in for warranty. I had an assumption that with the factory reset and other work they'd complete it would fix the issue. Well, i get my phone back fully reset, first thing i do is upgrade to Marshmallow, then i re-install my apps.
    Everything works better on the phone... but i'm still impacted by this issue.

Unlike OP, i dont just have it happen with passwords (though thats what happened the first time, and i thought i was hacked, lol) but with random words or as one of the other posters stated, anything in my clipboard. I may be alone in this, but when i open up my texting app (YAATA) as soon as i click the message content box i start typing as i know the app/phone will catch up to my typing. Typically, i use the physical keyboard but i also use the software keyboard.

It actually happened to me today, i wasnt doing much on my phone, no typing prior to sending the text... but i opened up a text message i received and typed the response, "Okay" to which it unconveniently placed "Mouth" infront of it, making the word "MouthOkay" all one word. I did as you suggested and i looked into my learned words, no where in here do i see any of my password, nor the word mouth (though obviously, mouth would already be learned). I can trouble shoot with you, or whatever else needs to be done.

Next time it occurs i'll request a bug report via developer tools.
    Michael
    Last edited by gamert1; 10-13-16 at 12:41 PM.
    10-13-16 11:44 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

There were no learned words to clear for me.

For me it has happened with Password Keeper's master password several times.
    10-13-16 01:25 PM
    Hi Folks,

The keyboard will learn when you type into fields. It won't (or shouldn't) learn in password fields (assuming the field is defined as a password field). I would love your help in diagnosing this to see where the issue comes up.

If you could clear the offending word (Settings->Language and Input->Blackberry keyboard settings->Prediction and correction->Restricted words -> Hit the “+” sign in the top right -> Click “See Learned words” -> You could then restrict words from being predicted or clear your learned words) - apologies if I don't have that perfectly correct as we are making changes in this area and I only have the latest devices at home with me, but I think that I am close enough for you to get rid of that password learned word.

Once you clear the word, please go back to operating as usual but note any time that you use your password - did it get entered in an incorrect field (e.g. sometimes I enter it in a username field by mistake and that could get learned)? After you enter it on a specific website do you see it in your learned words afterwards (maybe the website doesn't tag it as a password field)? I see references to Hub above - how does it happen there?

Any specific info or guidance that you could provide would help me to troubleshoot. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Jay

Thanks for your reply.

10-13-16 01:25 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I might be wrong but it seems unlikely that there are NO learned words. My 3 day old, wifi only Priv (at the moment) had about 40 Learned Words including some of my email addresses. It did have my bbm password!

But I guess it is possible.
    10-13-16 01:47 PM
    Hey fastmarc,

That's weird that there were no learned words. Especially when you are seeing some as predictions. Did you hit the "+" sign to go into learned words?

Thanks,
    Jay

Shifty88 likes this.
    10-13-16 03:38 PM
    Hey F2

Now that you have deleted that word from your learned words list, please try to keep in mind when you next enter that password to see what field/app/etc you are entering it into. And then see if it starts getting predicted again. Looking forward to hearing back on it...

Thanks
    Jay
    10-13-16 03:40 PM
    Happened to me today... I was thinking wtf??? I almost texted it to somebody... lol

Just for the record it isn't in my learned words list.

10-13-16 04:50 PM
    You guys were correct. I wasn't looking in the correct place. Have tons of learned words and saw a few that looked like passwords, so I deleted them. I didn't see my master password though.
    10-13-16 04:58 PM
    This still doesn't fix the issue where, if I copy a line of text or a word, it will paste itself in full or partially to WhatsApp, for example - and that is the moment I open a chat in it

WT44 likes this.
    10-20-16 11:32 AM
    Yes, I was still experiencing it as well.
    Let's see if the app updates released today (Oct 20) does anything to solve it.
    10-20-16 12:07 PM
    Nope, still happening.
    10-20-16 03:27 PM
    Update: This morning I did a new BB Task and one of the words I typed appeared the 1st time I opened WhatsApp. I don't think this has anything to do with the clipboard since this wasn't a pasted word.
    10-21-16 10:14 AM
    You didn't paste it, but it was in the - clipboard. Although not even "copied" as such, probably... bizarre and not nice at all

10-21-16 11:02 AM
    I have this issue also and it isn't words that I copied. When I switch apps many times the last thing it typed in another app will show up on the app I just switched to.

10-21-16 11:42 AM
    so what is the count now?
    10-23-16 01:48 PM
    Can someone confirm that this has been fixed in the latest BlackBerry Keyboard update (received today 28-10-2016) Right after the update I did have it happen for a few minutes but it seems to have disappeared now and the keyboard is back to being awesome.
    10-28-16 04:26 PM
    I am still having this problem even with the latest update from November.

Can someone confirm that this has been fixed in the latest BlackBerry Keyboard update (received today 28-10-2016) Right after the update I did have it happen for a few minutes but it seems to have disappeared now and the keyboard is back to being awesome.
    11-09-16 01:06 PM
    I am still having this problem even with the latest update from November.
    Confirmed that it's fixed. Are you sure that you have the latest update?
    11-09-16 02:15 PM
44 12