I'm gonna be switching to AT&T tomorrow and I'm a bit torn as to go for the Priv or the Passport. The only thing holding me back from going with the priv is the fact I'm gonna be missing out on swipe up gestures and no more @Blaq and of course the price point.

thoughts? Recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-04-16 02:02 PM
    I am still using my Passport, because I have the apps that I want, and I don't want a slider.
    lui22 and anon(9208252) like this.
    03-04-16 02:05 PM
    I am still using my Passport, because I have the apps that I want, and I don't want a slider.
    I don't mind the slider one bit, I just don't want to pay extra for something that isn't running smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 02:12 PM
    I would say passport for sure. If Blackberry ends the android program you will be dead in the water with a pretty poor product riddled with vulnerabilities waiting to be exploited . If blackberry ends BB10 support (years away) you still have a rock solid stable device for years to come.
    03-04-16 02:15 PM
    Passport is king, if you are not an app person, if you are go with the priv.
    03-04-16 02:16 PM
    Passport is king, if you are not an app person, if you are go with the priv.
    The only app I really want to be able to use is Google + and Twitter

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 03:26 PM
    The only app I really want to be able to use is Google + and Twitter

Posted via CB10
    So get the Priv. �\_(ツ)_/�
    Holted likes this.
    03-04-16 03:31 PM
    I have both. Priv for me is hands down the better device.

Build quality and software are excellent on both.

No more workarounds - everything "just works".

Passport is a messaging beast - but my smartphone needs in 2016 go beyond that.
    03-04-16 03:32 PM
    I honestly dont know how anybody would choose BB10 in 2016. But to each his own.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Snappy Phoenix and Holted like this.
    03-04-16 03:33 PM
    I have both. Priv for me is hands down the better device.

Build quality and software are excellent on both.
    You are just easy to please,
    conite likes this.
    03-04-16 03:33 PM
    Go with the Priv. It's an excellent phone and runs smoothly. It's getting a lot of updates and that shouldn't change for a long time. It's the current phone from Blackberry and where their focus is. As incredible as the Passport is, it's on a dying OS that is in maintenance mode.
    Holted likes this.
    03-04-16 03:36 PM
    Priv. I have owned both and the Priv is the better device. And having access to all the apps I need makes it even better. I also like having the option to use a VKB or a PKB.

Posted securely from my Priv
    Holted likes this.
    03-04-16 03:36 PM
    just get a Samsung S7......... water cooling the processor, water proof, stunning display and on and on, BB is so far behind in tech innovation its not even funny anymore.....
    03-04-16 03:40 PM
    My AT&T passport had screen lift issues and double typing issues with 2 months. Besides that, it was a great phone. The wireless charging was awesome to have and the phone was great on the hand after I got used to the fact it was like a big square phone. I now have the unlocked Priv and liking it so far. The keyboard isn't as great as the passport due to it being not as wide but I'm slowly getting used to it. Been having the Priv for 2 weeks now and don't plan on going back to the passport at all.

As for if blackberry drops android then that's fine. Apps will still work and if the device is able to be rooted by then due to vulnerabilities then you'll be able to secure it more and put in latest Android updates.
    Holted likes this.
    03-04-16 03:41 PM
    just get a Samsung S7......... BB is so far behind its not even funny anymore.....
    Sure the S7 is 6 months ahead in the spec race from the Priv, but in day-to-day life, it's hardly noticeable. The Priv also enjoys the same speed of security updates as Nexus - not an unimportant issue these days.

More to the point, the OP is clearly interested in a capacitive-touch pkb if he is contemplating the Passport and Priv.
    03-04-16 03:44 PM
    My wife has an S6 edge and is jealous of what I can do on my Classic. My friend who has a Note says the same. Samsung has awesome marketing power but even my experience with the Note 4 and S5 has me smiling while using my Classic. Honestly, I think LG makes much better phones than Samsung but to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 03:47 PM
    Sure the S7 is 6 months ahead in the spec race from the Priv, but in day-to-day life, it's hardly noticeable. The Priv also enjoys the same speed of security updates as Nexus - not an unimportant issue these days.

More to the point, the OP is clearly interested in a capacitive-touch pkb if he is contemplating the Passport and Priv.
    messaging is definitely important, and I'm honestly happy the priv has the BlackBerry virtual & physical keyboard. I've been thinking worst case scenario I could go with the Priv first and I could always trade for a Passport down the road. Priv physical keyboard seems to be almost as good as Passport (with swiping gestures specifically that I want)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 03:50 PM
    messaging is definitely important, and I'm honestly happy the priv has the BlackBerry virtual & physical keyboard. I've been thinking worst case scenario I could go with the Priv first and I could always trade for a Passport down the road. Priv physical keyboard seems to be almost as good as Passport (with swiping gestures specifically that I want)

Posted via CB10
    People have their opinions on the two keyboards, but for me, I've been able to get used to both just fine. The Passport's clearly has more room, but the Priv's can be used one - handed.
    03-04-16 03:53 PM
    had the priv gone back to my passport soooooooooo much better in my eyes
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    03-04-16 04:05 PM
    Priv battery is, well, Android..so it is never good. There are always something gone wrong,this app , that app..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-16 04:41 PM
    I'm gonna be switching to AT&T tomorrow and I'm a bit torn as to go for the Priv or the Passport. The only thing holding me back from going with the priv is the fact I'm gonna be missing out on swipe up gestures and no more @Blaq and of course the price point.

thoughts? Recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    I have them both and both are excellent devices ! If you don't care much about the apps go for the passport. It well serve excellent your needs and of course is significantly less costly than the Priv. If you don't mind for the price then go for the Priv !
    03-04-16 04:56 PM
    Part of me wants to go Passport first and then get the next generation of the Priv or at least wait for the cheaper price. I'm just so torn! Priv is a great phone the only things slightly lacking with it is software which can always be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 01:47 AM
    I honestly dont know how anybody would choose BB10 in 2016. But to each his own.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Well so far from what I've seen, and any correct me if I'm wrong. As far as text messaging goes, your texts are within bb10 hub but apparently not in the Priv. BB10 is a nice OS that I do enjoy to use. But the Priv is a lovely combination considering the touch sensitive keyboard and shortcuts that come along with it. It's truly a tough choice for me at least haha

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 01:57 AM
    My wife has an S6 edge and is jealous of what I can do on my Classic. My friend who has a Note says the same. Samsung has awesome marketing power but even my experience with the Note 4 and S5 has me smiling while using my Classic. Honestly, I think LG makes much better phones than Samsung but to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    I know what you mean and I see where you're coming from, and having THAT with the passport...honestly only thing holding me back from the Priv is $, small keyboard, and software issues. I feel as though I could start with the passport and always upgrade to the Priv in the future for a less price.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 02:00 AM
    I know what you mean and I see where you're coming from, and having THAT with the passport...honestly only thing holding me back from the Priv is $, small keyboard, and software issues. I feel as though I could start with the passport and always upgrade to the Priv in the future for a less price.

Posted via CB10
    the priv is a bit on the high side money wise I think(I do own one tho) the pkb is small and ppl have got used to it I just couldn't kept hitting two letters and as for the software issues I hope that they will get sorted but that may take some time and also the passport has got everything loaded to get started right out the box where as the priv there are some apps not installed as standard as on bb10 phones .....its up to yourself in the end maybe go in store and have a play around on a priv
    03-05-16 02:33 AM
63 123