Had a visible scratch and makes me wanna buy online for one. Can't find any screen guards nor tempered glass for my Priv.
    11-02-16 02:01 PM
    Had a visible scratch and makes me wanna buy online for one. Can't find any screen guards nor tempered glass for my Priv.
    Wish.com - search BB Priv
    11-03-16 03:39 PM
    Wish.com - search BB Priv
    Really hoping for a physical store here in the Phillippines. Shipping fees are high af than the accessories. Lol.
    11-05-16 11:18 AM
    Really hoping for a physical store here in the Phillippines. Shipping fees are high af than the accessories. Lol.
    I have a feeling at this stage in the Priv's life, even in US cities, finding actual accessories in stores would be pretty hard.
    11-05-16 11:34 AM
    I have a feeling at this stage in the Priv's life, even in US cities, finding actual accessories in stores would be pretty hard.
    Accessories in retail stores here (Canada) are almost non-existent.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-05-16 11:32 PM
    I used to had a glass protector. But contrast is so poor due to the inner plastic layer to fill the gap between the glass due to the curve, therefore I removed it and go naked with the protection of PRIV leather case that has the cover.

Sadly, the clear plastic at the top for the LED actually made some light scratch on the glass. Looking straight on it is not obvious, and only shows up at an angle with strong light reflection.

Right now, I go fully naked without any protection of glass or case, and slip it into my jeans pocket while walking around. So far glass and body holds up nicely without any extra scratch or mark anywhere except one or two due to accidental dropping onto smooth floor.

All in all, I am impressed and loved the rubbery back for its strength in holding up to my jeans beating.

Cheers.
    11-06-16 01:24 AM
    The Priv is actually the very first phone which I am using without a screen protector. It's my daily driver since almost eleven months and the glass is holding pretty good. There are no serious visible scratches, which is great. However and as expected, there are some micro scratches visible when the screen is off and bright light hits the glass at an angle. Overall I am not worried about my choice using the screen naked. Much better than applying a screen protector which doesn't fit right or feels awkward.

The display itself, sadly, is another story. As already said I am not even into eleven months of use with my Priv and my screen already got visible AMOLED burn-markings. Especially on white content like settings, hub or calendar I can easily spot shadowy dark areas. Not as bad as some demo phones I've seen where you can spot clear shapes on the AMOLED displays. However I don't want to know how it will look in a year from now.
    11-06-16 01:44 AM
    Mine is till fine.
    11-06-16 04:20 AM
    Your reason is the same as mine. Take that screen protector off. You'll really see the difference.
    11-06-16 05:14 AM
    Mine's looking good too. No screen protectors at all.
    11-06-16 09:13 AM
    I don't use a screen protector at all. Just the BlackBerry slider hard case.

Under normal usage, the screen should stay relatively scratch free for the life of the phone.

Why compromise the beautiful screen when you will replace the phone after 24 to 36 months anyway?
    11-06-16 04:29 PM
36 12