OK, this phone is really starting to annoy me with all the bugs! I am having multiple issues with this phone! I would like for people to confirm if they are having the same issues that I am having.

First issue I'm having is, every time I restart the phone, random apps will disappear from the home screen.

Next is after I did the security update this morning, all my ringtones went back to the default on as if was just taken out of the box.

I really like this phone and want to keep it for a long time, and I need to know if it is a known issue or just my phone because it is really starting to **** me off when spending $810.00 and it doesn't work

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-16 01:48 PM
    That's strange, I would try doing a factory reset on the phone and see if that helps
    02-03-16 01:54 PM
    Well sounds like it still works. But anyways, what apps are disappearing? Have you placed those apps on your home screen prior or are they simply in your app drawer?

I have not had that happen nor have I had your other issue happen. I don't believe these are known issues.

02-03-16 01:55 PM
    No disappearing apps here
    Ringtones stay as previously set
    I did have to turn screen rotate back on after the last 2 security updates.
    c1ferret likes this.
    02-03-16 01:56 PM
    I do not have the same issues, sorry! As Xmeatizmurderx wrote try a factory reset...

The only bug I found is that Google Now does not start (via Bluetooth headset) when the device is in the BB holster. It tells "Calling..." oder "sending SMS..." but that�s it, it does not start. As soon as I take the device out oft the holster it starts sending, calling, ...
    Last edited by scullcy; 02-04-16 at 08:11 AM.
    02-03-16 02:01 PM
    That's the point of the security wipe. It does that on every BlackBerry device.

Hopefully the wipe fixes your problem.

Make sure you update to the latest software as soon as you complete the security wipe.

02-03-16 02:14 PM
    OK I will try doing a factory reset and hopefully that does the trick

02-03-16 02:15 PM
    nope. got my Priv the same day they released the Jan update. Did the Feb update today and haven't had any issues with vanishing apps, or actually any problems.

make sure the ringtone sound files are stored in the internal directory and not on the SD card...

Posted via my Priv while missing my Z10
    02-03-16 02:16 PM
    OK, this phone is really starting to annoy me with all the bugs! I am having multiple issues with this phone! I would like for people to confirm if they are having the same issues that I am having.

First issue I'm having is, every time I restart the phone, random apps will disappear from the home screen.

Next is after I did the security update this morning, all my ringtones went back to the default on as if was just taken out of the box.

I really like this phone and want to keep it for a long time, and I need to know if it is a known issue or just my phone because it is really starting to **** me off when spending $810.00 and it doesn't work

I had this problem after I moved a lot of apps to the SD card. I moved them back to internal storage. That is an annoyance, but fixed easy enough.

Posted from my Priv
    02-03-16 02:35 PM
    I have had no problem with ringtones and notifications and I have set up several different ones. After a reboot, I did a double take wondering what happened to the apps. Then I realized I was not on the front page (as indicated by the dots at the bottom of the screen) and everything on the first page was still there when I went to it. I think I had inadvertently scrolled it back when getting it into or out of my holster.
    02-03-16 02:58 PM
    No issues with apps.

The issue with ring tones has to do with how android mounts and I mounts the SD card.

After your update your phone restarted, if you just restart it you will lose your ring tones again.

Move them to the internal ring tones folders.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-03-16 03:42 PM
    I have no issues with my PRIV. Have had it since the official launch and I love it more as each day passes. I don't know what ya'll are doing with your phones but I seriously don't understand where all these people's 'issues' are stemming from. I have definitely not encountered any issues with this device. I use my device every day, for a lot of different things and I'm dead serious about having no issues with it whatsoever.

02-03-16 04:28 PM
    I had the apps disappear on my home screens after a few reboots(created a thread on it) early on when I got it, but it hasn't done it in a long time and I reboot regularly.

02-03-16 04:29 PM
    What is this witch craft of apps disappearing

Posted via Priv
    02-03-16 05:05 PM
    I have no issues with my PRIV. Have had it since the official launch and I love it more as each day passes. I don't know what ya'll are doing with your phones but I seriously don't understand where all these people's 'issues' are stemming from. I have definitely not encountered any issues with this device. I use my device every day, for a lot of different things and I'm dead serious about having no issues with it whatsoever.

Agreed and I too wonder why so many appear to be having a host of issues with their PRIVS. I have had mine since launch and the only issue I've had was delayed emails in the HUB. However with c_bryant34's recommendations changing my sync interval all is good.

Battery life is excellent, no heat issue, no clicky screen or creaky back. It does make you wonder, well me anyway, why are some having issues.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    02-03-16 05:24 PM
    Every time when a country or a carrier starts to sell Priv, there will be a wave of these posts complaining about the same stuff, over and over again.

Battery drains fast, phone feels warm, hub not syncing, screen clicky, etc. Come on people, RTFP before you post.

02-03-16 05:30 PM
    Only issue I can relate to is the ringtones being reset. However, thinking on it, it might just be because my custom tones are on the sd card and not on the internal storage. I havent moved them to internal yet to test.
    02-03-16 05:30 PM

You can not move your apps to the SD card. Do a search and read the thread I started.

There are so many threads about "I'm going to return" it's getting a little old.

Call BlackBerry Support if your frustrated or return your phone and buy something fool proof.

BlackBerry PRIV w/9900 Classic backup
    02-03-16 05:44 PM
    LOL - I always love the ones acting like you are making up these issues.....

I do like my phone, but my issues also drive me crazy. Trying to tough it out like I did with the bug ridden Z10 that finally got fixed and worked great.....just in time to be replaced.

My notifications have never worked right and some of the ones that do will not work in the Hub. I have learned to live with it, but still annoying especially after numerous factory resets and tons of app uninstall/reinstalls. my SD card is constantly being unrecognized then rerecognized - very annoying when trying to take a picture and then send the picture - the SD seems to love to hide my photo's when I need them most. Yes - tried reformatting several times and new card.

Still like the phone and have faith they will fix them, but they are still real and annoying as hell for a phone this expensive.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    02-03-16 05:52 PM
    You can not move your apps to the SD card. Do a search and read the thread I started.
    So what does the "Move To SD Card" button do?

Priv owners please read and confirm-screenshot_2016-02-03-18-54-40.jpg
    axleberry likes this.
    02-03-16 05:55 PM

not happening here... ??

nope, not happening here either (??)

Something else appears to be whacked....
    02-03-16 06:18 PM
    So what does the "Move To SD Card" button do?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-03-18-54-40.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	390146
    It saves device memory. When you reboot or update you may loose some icons of apps stored on the SD card - but not the apps off your phone. Take a screen shot of your app screens and press on the tile to bring them back to the phone. Done

STV 100-1 AAD250
    02-03-16 06:19 PM
    Only issue I can relate to is the ringtones being reset. However, thinking on it, it might just be because my custom tones are on the sd card and not on the internal storage. I havent moved them to internal yet to test.
    I had that very issue, and moved the ringtones to the device, and, problem resolved. I can confirm ringtones reset if stored on SD card. Not sure why. Easy fix tho.

Chill, folks, half the fun is tinkering and learning and being part of the experience (IMHO)...NOT directed at you RoboticGolem....
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    02-03-16 06:21 PM
    Well I'm trying to help you. I had the same problem do not move apps to the SD card the OS will not work properly.

Your SD card is not reading because it is not formated correctly. Take some screen shots before you,

CALL BlackBerry Support! They will help you format/sync your SD card you will have to wipe your device so back your device up before you call. Make sure you remove any apps from the SD card before you wipe it. Otherwise you will end up doing a second wipe.

You can either take my advise or keep suffering and complaining.

Just some tough love.

BlackBerry PRIV w/9900 Classic backup
    grumpyaeroguy, Japinha and wincyUt like this.
    02-03-16 06:27 PM
    It saves device memory. When you reboot or update you may loose some icons of apps stored on the SD card - but not the apps off your phone. Take a screen shot of your app screens and press on the tile to bring them back to the phone. Done
    Heh, I know what it does, was being facetious.

Seems like SD cards and Android have issues in general though. I had to move all my notifications/ring tones etc... to internal memory. My Z10 never had issues with alerts on the SD card.
    grumpyaeroguy and axleberry like this.
    02-03-16 06:56 PM
53 123