Am I the only one getting phone to overheat and drain battery when using certain games (I mostly play: Real Racing 3, MLB Franchise and SIM CITY Buildit).

Only had my PRIV for less than 2 weeks, and battery life is atrocious once it starts overheating. Last night, it was on charger for whole night (7+ hours) and never charged more than 85%.

When I say "overheating" , I mean every single part of the device, not just the back.
    12-27-16 11:39 PM
    Have you made sure to update all the BlackBerry apps? Also, which firmware is the device on currently?
    12-27-16 11:41 PM
    If you run processor intensive software you are going to get increased power drain and associated heat dissipation.

Is the device just getting warm or is it genuinely overheating to the point of shutdown
    12-28-16 02:58 AM
    The Snapdragon 808 in the Priv (as well as its 810 cousin) is notorious for heating issues. That you're running 3D applications doesn't help, since that's pegging the CPU and GPU at maximum load. But keeping the device up to date helps.
    12-28-16 03:59 AM
    Last night, it was on charger for whole night (7+ hours) and never charged more than 85%.
    Have you tried using another cable/charger?
    12-28-16 07:41 AM
    Am I the only one getting phone to overheat and drain battery when using certain games (I mostly play: Real Racing 3, MLB Franchise and SIM CITY Buildit).

Only had my PRIV for less than 2 weeks, and battery life is atrocious once it starts overheating. Last night, it was on charger for whole night (7+ hours) and never charged more than 85%.

When I say "overheating" , I mean every single part of the device, not just the back.
    Ensure you have Marshmallow running. That's rule number 1. Then make sure you have all your security update and then ensure all your core Apps have been updated.

Also, turn of any services you don't need like Bluetooth, NFC and maybe drop your cellular down to 3G. This will all help keep the device cool.

Just as a comparison, when I play 'Minion Rush' on my BlackBerry Leap running OS 10.3.3 for more than 15 - 20 minutes the phone get quite hot. So I'm quite used to keeping a ice pack near my devices lol

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    Last edited by Matty; 12-28-16 at 08:25 AM.
    12-28-16 07:58 AM
    Thanks to all for the quick responses and suggestions.

I would think that all my apps are up to date, or would get notification.
    When I look at my battery monitor, it looks like my screen is the thing that uses the most power, I guess I'll have to tone down the brightness... but it's such a beautiful screen.
    Last night, I shut it off overnight, charged it overnight, and it got to 100,%, but now, after about 90 minutes, with no game playing, about 20 minutes of Web browsing, I'm down to 80%, but I don't feel the device burning... yet.
    12-28-16 09:25 AM
    A lot of people on here have reported that the Marshmallow update fixed their heating issues; and also I believe the newer builds help. As for me, I've had mine since March and have everything updated, and it heats up A LOT whenever I'm playing Shooty Skies or Angry Birds or when I'm researching something via Chrome.

Not sure that there is a really a fix besides keeping an eye on it and not letting your device get too hot.

Good Luck!
    12-28-16 10:56 AM

I would think that all my apps are up to date, or would get notification.
    1. You need to setup Playstore app to notify you.

2. For the first time update for BlackBerry apps, you will need to search the Playstore to get the update. They aren't even listed in available update.

3. For the OS, I would manually search for available update through Settings.
    12-29-16 08:11 AM