My Priv, latest OS upgrade. 6.0.1
    Is Overheating. Any suggestions.
    I have 360 Security and ES task manager to monitor and kill running apps. Does not seen to make a difference.
    As stated earlier any suggestions?
    09-18-17 12:22 PM
    Clear Cache in the Boot Menu.

Uninstall 360 Security and ES Task Manager.

See if that makes a difference... if not do a Factory Reset.
    09-18-17 01:14 PM
    disable Google apps accept play store
    set network on 2G (if u dont use LTE )
    turn off NFC GPS BLUETOOTH ...
    use greenify and instal hexa core processor booster and boot manager ...
    09-19-17 07:23 AM
    disable Google apps accept play store
    set network on 2G (if u dont use LTE )
    turn off NFC GPS BLUETOOTH ...
    use greenify and instal hexa core processor booster and boot manager ...
    09-19-17 07:23 AM
    I think overheating is just a way of life with the priv. great for the winter months as a hand warmer.

in all seriousness, I don't think there is anything we can do about it.
    09-19-17 04:48 PM
    I tried everything, but like siverbullet's comments: I am afraid we have to accept overheersing from time to time, which is a pity. I love the way priv is designed with the qwerty slide but I am seriously considering to buy another mobile.
    09-21-17 02:21 AM
    I tried everything, but like siverbullet's comments: I am afraid we have to accept overheersing from time to time, which is a pity. I love the way priv is designed with the qwerty slide but I am seriously considering to buy another mobile.
    09-21-17 02:22 AM
    09-21-17 02:23 AM
    My Priv gets slightly warm on a boot up, but cools off soon after its up. It also will get warm when applying OS security updates. Beyond that, it's fine.
    09-21-17 05:56 AM
    If you have an app that keeps checking location (FB, weather, Starbucks, etc), the phone will overheat regardless of app management. Go through app permissions one by one in Settings > Apps and turn off location for everything except navigation apps.
    09-21-17 06:54 AM
    turn off location services for each app by going thru every single app and turning off permission? Are you kidding me? there are so many apps and the amount of time it would take to do this is crazy.

no other phone has to do this.

if we have to do all these little things to make the phone work properly, then this phone is really a POS

so sad as I want to love my priv
    09-21-17 10:57 AM
    This is why I am looking at the Keyone. It has a pkb and seems to work better than our overheating devices.
    09-21-17 10:57 AM
    Yes... overheating, freezing up exactly at the moment u need it most is typical Priv... I receive these heat/cooling screen alerts all the time... and the experience has tainted my years of trust in BlackBerry.
    09-22-17 12:14 PM
    Totally typical experience for a good part of the Priv 's short run.

Fortunately (at least to me), the updates have cleaned up a lot of the buzz and optimized the system, IMO.

Working alone, its been running great, finally faster than using BB10 and I can't even recall the last times it froze or was overheating, especially like in the egg cooking days of yore. Wow, it got hot.

The rest depends on configuring the rest of the apps which means all. Yes taking the time to go through it to truly know what it is doing. Crazy, I know.

A task manager helps.
    09-22-17 09:06 PM