I have had my Priv over a year. I have seen posts recommending a full reset (which I will have to research to know how to do) to solve the over heating issue. For me, I get problems when I have a couple of apps open and trying to text or charging at the same time. Sometimes I find just restarting the phone solves things. But it keeps cropping up. I totally want to avoid a reset if possible. But for you veterans did you find the reset totally solve your problem or is there still a chance of having issues? Thanks for any input.
    06-14-17 06:50 PM
    Hello are you running Facebook? Is so stop the app / uninstall and you substitute with app called Friendly works great and resources on device way better. Also got to storage settings, internal storage and clear cache. Right after that before anything else do a 32 second reset holding down Power button at least during 32 seconds. Also try to move as many as you can to SD card. The ones that allow it. Good luck
    06-14-17 06:56 PM
    Thanks. I never heard of Friendly. I will try your suggestions.
    06-14-17 07:26 PM
    Rico, do you also recommend logging out of Friendly each time I am done on it? Or doesn't it matter?
    06-14-17 07:41 PM
    I have had my Priv over a year. I have seen posts recommending a full reset (which I will have to research to know how to do) to solve the over heating issue. For me, I get problems when I have a couple of apps open and trying to text or charging at the same time. Sometimes I find just restarting the phone solves things. But it keeps cropping up. I totally want to avoid a reset if possible. But for you veterans did you find the reset totally solve your problem or is there still a chance of having issues? Thanks for any input.
    Hi! So, this also may or may not be dependent on the manufacturer date of the phone. Mine was in June of 2016. I've read a lot that late models tend to run better overall.

Anyway, I had occasional issues with overheating (once or twice every other day). Mostly when multi-tasking or watching videos. I just did the factory reset a week ago. There was, oddly enough, a difference. Since then I've only had it pop up with the cool down message. And that was because I was using Snapchat while wireless charging. So entirely my fault.

I'd say give it a try but be aware that it may take a while to back up everything. It took me a whole day to be operational again.
    06-14-17 08:52 PM
    Rico, do you also recommend logging out of Friendly each time I am done on it? Or doesn't it matter?
    Friendly has also an amoled and dark mode that works great. I am a not a heavy FB user so I open when I need and then close . Also receive all notifications perfectly. Good luck
    06-14-17 11:02 PM
    Thanks everyone, for your help.
    06-15-17 07:18 AM
    Also try to move as many as you can to SD card. The ones that allow it. Good luck
    Not sure what you are recommending moving to the SD card. I do not recommend using the card as internal storage. It can cause lagging and other issues with phone performance. Certainly put music and pictures and documents etc on the SD card, but leave the apps on the device.

I always close apps unless I am copying info back and forth between two. Having apps running in the background along with charging can cause your phone to warm up. In fact sometimes a phone will warm up during a charge.

OP, are you using the charger that came with the device or another one?
    06-15-17 10:25 AM
    Hello I have been running my PRIV with shared storage and running perfectly smooth with no overheating whatsoever.

Also moving apps to sdcard can be done Without share storage enabled. Freeing up device memory will always help just maker sure you use a quality card. Android OS that way it's configured will close apps as you go along keeping open those most recently used.
    Good luck.
    06-15-17 10:33 AM