If you are carrying insurance, they will repair it, or replace it with something "comparable".
    At this point it's a <$300 phone, so who knows what comparable is to insurance companies.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-15-17 09:14 PM
    If you are carrying insurance, they will repair it, or replace it with something "comparable".
    At this point it's a <$300 phone, so who knows what comparable is to insurance companies.
    Well they sent me a Samsung S7 Active because I was having signal problems, but of course I played around on it and sent it back lol.
    05-15-17 09:26 PM
    So if I'm paying insurance each month can I drop it to if they have no parts for replacement?
    I think most insurance will replace with like if possible but otherwise something they consider equivalent.

So you might still be covered but get another model/brand of phone.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-15-17 11:28 PM
    Anymore devices have a very short life before they are considered end of life. My issue is the cost of the device and how long they will receive updates.
    05-16-17 05:11 AM
    It's $236 here with free shipping and wireless charging. It is branded ATT but it will be updated to remove ATT stuff with an update. I had 3 ATT units that all updated to factory unlocked software. Don't spend more than this - it's discontinued and unlikely to see major updates moving forward.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Blackberry-Pri...1%26rkt%3D1%26
    05-16-17 08:59 AM
    I moved from Priv back to classic, never liked the Priv keyboard. Keyone shows some hope
    05-16-17 09:00 AM
    It's $236 here with free shipping and wireless charging. It is branded ATT but it will be updated to remove ATT stuff with an update. I had 3 ATT units that all updated to factory unlocked software. Don't spend more than this - it's discontinued and unlikely to see major updates moving forward.

How can you update a branded AT&T device to make it like factory unlocked, with no bloatware. I would love to do that with my Priv.
    05-16-17 09:09 AM

How did you get the update to unlock them?
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-16-17 09:20 AM
    How can you update a branded AT&T device to make it like factory unlocked, with no bloatware. I would love to do that with my Priv.
    Do you have an ATT branded device? Is it 'paid off' or not under ATT lease? If so Cal BlackBerry support with imei #. Mine was bought outright att branded and with an update, I believe it was Nov '16 update a new update was pushed (over a gig) on restart no more att branding in software.

Trust me it worked, let me find the thread discussing.

See this thread

/blackberry-priv-f440/nov-update-priv-popped-up-1091114-post12657863/
    05-16-17 10:45 AM
    How did you get the update to unlock them?
    Check this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12657863
    05-16-17 10:49 AM
    There have been some problems with the unlock codes that come with the AT&T's.
    If it doesn't work on the third try, STOP, contact the seller. A few people have bricked brand new phones. If I remember correctly, 10 incorrect tries and the phone bricks.
    05-16-17 08:38 PM
    There have been some problems with the unlock codes that come with the AT&T's.
    If it doesn't work on the third try, STOP, contact the seller. A few people have bricked brand new phones. If I remember correctly, 10 incorrect tries and the phone bricks.
    I have a Priv from AT&T that's paid off I requested the unlock code, they send it to me and it's not working I've called them they tell me that's the right one so I don't know what to
    05-16-17 08:40 PM
    I've called them they tell me that's the right one so I don't know what to
    Only thing I know to do is take it in to a company store and let them do it. If they brick it, using a code supplied by them, at least they are responsible.
    05-17-17 05:43 AM
    I have a Priv from AT&T that's paid off I requested the unlock code, they send it to me and it's not working I've called them they tell me that's the right one so I don't know what to
    They told me they can't unlock it from the store lol. Their crazy.
    05-17-17 05:49 AM
    I bought my phone off ebay. It came with an unlock code, but I have not unlocked it because I am using AT&T. So if I unlock it, I can get it to act like a factory unlocked. I already get my updates direct from BlackBerry, not from AT&T because I was one that had the No Signal issue.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-17-17 06:41 AM
    I bought my phone off ebay. It came with an unlock code, but I have not unlocked it because I am using AT&T. So if I unlock it, I can get it to act like a factory unlocked. I already get my updates direct from BlackBerry, not from AT&T because I was one that had the No Signal issue.
    My Priv that was on beta I get the updates all the time but the other priv that I got from AT&T doesn't ,it hasn't received a security update since I think February! any ideas why?
    05-17-17 07:18 AM
    I have no re-read the entire thread and I don't know if I recall correctly but with that.....

Do you have to have a foreign/different sim in the phone when you try unlocking it? In other words, would you need to remove the AT&T sim and use another carrier's sim??? Or do I not recollect correctly?

Although now that I think back YEARS, to unlock Verizon BB's, I did not need to remove the sim but Verizon is or was different.
    05-17-17 08:26 AM
    I'm remembering a couple threads on the Priv indicating it had to have a foreign SIM to unlock. AT&T SIM installed, or, no SIM didn't work.
    05-17-17 08:33 AM
    It's not limited to 'unlocked' devices. Mine were ATT never unlocked because I was on att anyway. They both received updates directly from BlackBerry with the November update.
    05-17-17 08:59 AM
    I'm remembering a couple threads on the Priv indicating it had to have a foreign SIM to unlock. AT&T SIM installed, or, no SIM didn't work.
    Not the case. I've always been on att and never unlocked. With the November 2016 update 1 got updated from BlackBerry. The other did not, I called BlackBerry with IMEI and it received an update a few days later direct from BlackBerry. If you own your device outright and not getting updates from BlackBerry, call BlackBerry support with IMEI and maybe they can help.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-17-17 09:02 AM
    I get my updates straight from BlackBerry, but I cannot get rid of the carrier bloatware. Will call BlackBerry support and see about IMEI.
    05-17-17 09:19 AM
    Not the case. I've always been on att and never unlocked. With the November 2016 update 1 got updated from BlackBerry. The other did not, I called BlackBerry with IMEI and it received an update a few days later direct from BlackBerry. If you own your device outright and not getting updates from BlackBerry, call BlackBerry support with IMEI and maybe they can help.
    Did you have the 'no signal' problem? Some that had that problem reported what you have just said. But in general it is, (or at least was) necessary to unlock.
    AT&T can unlock the device without you entering a code, they claim they can't, but they have done it for me.
    Are you still getting updates direct from BB? If so, you should be on AAL202, if not, you are not getting updates from BB.
    I'm not trying to argue with you or anybody, just trying to understand the whole deal. I've said many times that the whole AT&T update deal was convoluted and confusing, maybe I should add 'inconsistent'.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-17-17 04:49 PM
    Did you have the 'no signal' problem? Some that had that problem reported what you have just said. But in general it is, (or at least was) necessary to unlock.
    AT&T can unlock the device without you entering a code, they claim they can't, but they have done it for me.
    Are you still getting updates direct from BB? If so, you should be on AAL202, if not, you are not getting updates from BB.
    I'm not trying to argue with you or anybody, just trying to understand the whole deal. I've said many times that the whole AT&T update deal was convoluted and confusing, maybe I should add 'inconsistent'.
    No worries my man - no fight - were all berryians.

I remember almost every ATT branded device had this issue, and the fix was to change something in radio like disable LTE. It was geographic based for some and sporadic for all. Once the full package came down in Nov it was fixed. I never unlocked any device.

Best advice I can give:
    - unlock
    - contact BlackBerry support with IMEI saying no updates from att
    - or wait for KeyONE
    - or go back to a classic until the keyone dust settles lol

Good luck guys!
    05-17-17 04:58 PM
    Unfortunately. I did too, about 7 or 8 years ago. LOL.
    newcollector likes this.
    05-18-17 11:36 AM
    For those of us seriously considering the €600 K1, this kind of news is a little worrying. Speculations regarding a phone that's only 2 years old not getting further updates?.....
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    06-05-17 03:49 AM
169 ... 4567