Yes, the PRIV is now officially a legacy device.

It's been discontinued. Just read an article.
    05-07-17 08:07 PM
    Link for the article?
    howarmat likes this.
    05-07-17 08:09 PM
    It wouldn't be that strange, I mean, our device is almost two year old and BlackBerry doesn't produce smartphones by now, that and the 12 month complimentary support ended, Nougat Will be Last update for me
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-07-17 08:16 PM
    Does this mean no shot at getting Nouget?
    05-07-17 08:17 PM
    It wouldn't be that strange, I mean, our device is almost two year old and BlackBerry doesn't produce smartphones by now, that and the 12 month complimentary support ended, Nougat Will be Last update for me
    I bet they don't get nougat
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-07-17 08:24 PM
    It's been discontinued. Just read an article.
    Link to this article?

18 months old... sigh...
    PHughes likes this.
    05-07-17 08:33 PM
    Provide a link please. Because the only stuff I've seen is just speculation or outdated stuff from 2016 that was obviously false.
    05-07-17 08:34 PM
    Provide a link please. Because the only stuff I've seen is just speculation or outdated stuff from 2016 that was obviously false.
    Shopblackberry only has the two DTEK devices left for sale.
    05-07-17 08:38 PM
    Shopblackberry only has the two DTEK devices left for sale.
    Yeah, just checked. PRIV no longer up there...

BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com

RIP PRIV.
    05-07-17 08:40 PM
    Yes I am looking for the article which google pushed to me.

Regardless, the Article did say it is no longer for sale on Shopblackberry.

It's done.

Now we hope we get nougat.

If not, I'm getting rid of this phone and going Samsung with their physical keyboard attachment
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-07-17 08:41 PM
    It's still for sale in other countries, like the UK. It's just possible that they ran out of current stock.
    05-07-17 08:44 PM

If not, I'm getting rid of this phone and going Samsung with their physical keyboard attachment
    Good god.
    05-07-17 08:47 PM
    I bet they don't get nougat
    Like 200th time I tell someone that Nougat WILL come to Priv, It looks like it Will be Last Major (not patch I guess and hope lol), Priv has Just received 1 Major update, the 18 months of updates hasn't reached their limit so N is in this timeframe, Priv has hardware to mové N on every regard, and move it flawlessly, see LG G4, which has almost the exact specs than Priv, It received N and is fast as hell, so no, we Will receive N, see the Android N for Priv and DTEKS thread, we discussed every plausible way for Priv not getting N, and we ended in same ressult, no plausible way for Priv not getting N
    05-07-17 08:47 PM
    Like 200th time I tell someone that Nougat WILL come to Priv
    That still doesn't make it true.

I am not hopeful for Nougat on the Priv. Fingers crossed on the DTEKs.
    05-07-17 08:49 PM
    That still doesn't make it true.

I am not hopeful for Nougat on the Priv. Fingers crossed on the DTEKs.
    Well, I Just know one thing, I love sliders, if they keep updating camera and core apps along with security patches I Will be happy, if not I Will kill BlackBerry
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-07-17 08:52 PM
    Wouldn't the KeyONE make more sense?
    jmr1015, cnotp and bibbula like this.
    05-07-17 08:58 PM
    Wouldn't the KeyONE make more sense?
    It depends how important the keyboard was on the Priv to him. If it's vital, get the KEYone, but if it's just icing on the cake, the S8 is better.
    Wezard and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    05-07-17 09:01 PM
    Yes I am looking for the article which google pushed to me.

Regardless, the Article did say it is no longer for sale on Shopblackberry.

It's done.

Now we hope we get nougat.

If you are going Samsung wait for Sammy to release the 6gb/128gb S8+ and buy it in a heartbeat, add the detachable keyboard and all good to go, updates for the next two years in a super device that Will Last eons
    05-07-17 09:06 PM
    Like 200th time I tell someone that Nougat WILL come to Priv, It looks like it Will be Last Major (not patch I guess and hope lol), Priv has Just received 1 Major update, the 18 months of updates hasn't reached their limit so N is in this timeframe, Priv has hardware to mové N on every regard, and move it flawlessly, see LG G4, which has almost the exact specs than Priv, It received N and is fast as hell, so no, we Will receive N, see the Android N for Priv and DTEKS thread, we discussed every plausible way for Priv not getting N, and we ended in same ressult, no plausible way for Priv not getting N
    Hope you are right but I'll believe it when I see it. Till then I'm a huge skeptic. I'm on Verizon. Im shocked when I get a security update
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-07-17 09:44 PM
    No surprise, BlackBerry is out of the hardware business. What surprises me is how long some hang on to devices. Technology changes so quick...once the dtek 60 came out I couldn't get rid of my Priv fast enough
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-07-17 09:48 PM
    Hope you are right but I'll believe it when I see it. Till then I'm a huge skeptic. I'm on Verizon. Im shocked when I get a security update
    Well, to be totally honest, if you buy Carrier you know what you are doing.... Blame BlackBerry for security updates on your verizon Carrier Priv's is tbh weird, if this is a site of BlackBerry experts (well experts and People with no so much experience) all of us should already know how Carriers hang updates to users, see @goku_vegeta post in our discussion about his G4, he has a Carrier G4 and updates, Just like your Priv, are as slow as hell, Will he blame or has he blamed LG? No, LG has nothing to do with the Carrier being negligent on the updates front
    05-07-17 10:15 PM
    No surprise, BlackBerry is out of the hardware business. What surprises me is how long some hang on to devices. Technology changes so quick...once the dtek 60 came out I couldn't get rid of my Priv fast enough
    Agreed.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-07-17 10:15 PM
    Too bad; however discontinued doesn't mean "unsupported" or "stops working suddenly".

I still can't leave this long-discontinued 4 year old Q10 in the drawer, and I hope the same for my Priv. Still a great device, and will probably work fine for several years more.

Q10  OS 10.3.2.2474  Z30
    FF22, jfalkingham and andy957 like this.
    05-07-17 10:22 PM
    Too bad; however discontinued doesn't mean "unsupported" or "stops working suddenly".

I still can't leave this long-discontinued 4 year old Q10 in the drawer, and I hope the same for my Priv. Still a great device, and will probably work fine for several years more.

Q10  OS 10.3.2.2474  Z30
    It can work easily the next two or three years, maybe will be stuck on N and won't get O, I even consider that Security patches can be cut after N, but well let's see what BlackBerry does in future, I just love the Slider form factor
    05-07-17 10:38 PM
    Well, I Just know one thing, I love sliders, if they keep updating camera and core apps along with security patches I Will be happy, if not I Will kill BlackBerry
    While I love my Priv as much as the next person, the idea of N should be taken with a grain of salt. I sure hope we do get it, but I'm not going to hold my breath. And i'd hope its 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 not 7.0 - as there are a number of benefits from the latter revisions.

Also, the continuous camera app updates are unlikely, I cant remember the last time the camera app was updated.
    05-08-17 12:57 AM
169 123 ...