Obviously some people don't seem to get it. They complain about what the Slider should have been and what features it should have (lately: why is there no screen on the back?).

Others yelling for a Passport 2, Classic 2 or a BB10 Slider.

But as John Chen made clear in his statements: If the PRIV fails then there will be no BlackBerry handsets at all.

You get it guys? NO HANDSETS AT ALL! So stop complaining and whining and buy this damn PRIV if you REALLY want to support BlackBerry and hoping for anything like a Classic 2 or Passport 2 or a keyboard phone at all.

Over and out.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 04:18 AM
    I'm with you brah. From what we know about the phone it fits my bill and I'll most likely get it. Even if it's not ideal to have android (I hate google) I'm willing to compromise and support BBRY. All the what if discussion is pointless to me. My interest lies in news about Priv and what's ahead. Not in parallel universes.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 04:37 AM
    As long as the best parts of BB10's UI are included in the Priv such as the Hub etc I will be happy.
    10-14-15 04:46 AM
    Is it possible with a skin or launcher for the Priv to react and operate like BB10 OS? Gestures, minimised apps and closing apps etc.
    Just trying to get a idea of what we possibly can expect. What is the closest to BB10 OS launcher available atm on andriod?
    10-14-15 05:22 AM
    I think you are all missing the point here, even if BB won't include the hub and all the other BB goodies in the PRIV why not buy it? Are you that keen on BB os that you are willing to let the bb phones die? I get it, you want what you are used to for all this years but BB may end up providing the best android experience aside from the nexus line, that should end up attracting more customers which in tern will create revenue, revenue that BB can use to develop more android based phones and maybe some BB ones 2. Since Chen already mentioned that they will get out of hw phone business if this fails to sell I don't see why all this fuss revolves around, does it have this and that?
    Be glad that they are getting out a new phone (pretty unique looking one at that with really god specs) and support them by buying it.

One other thing I don't get is all this bash related to the name, have you ever stopped to think that if they would have stuck with Venice maybe the hype would have been much lower? At least this way ppl are talking about a so called ugly name of a phone made by bb that runs android. You can't beat free marketing
    10-14-15 06:35 AM
    I guess some people would rather have the handset department die an "honour death" than to "sell out to the enemies."

I'm waiting for the day there is a QNX hypervisor toaster. Running both BB 10.3.4 and Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:11 AM
    Will never buy an Android phone, even if BlackBerry branded.
    IMHO Chen is right in attempting the move, also fully outsource hw is a intelligent move.
    Simply for the very same reason I landed to BlackBerry coming from Nokia will looking for WP or Jolla alternative when I will need to change my or my wife handset.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:27 AM
    At this point, BlackBerry OS10 is a compromise for many people. . .

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:39 AM
    Obviously some people don't seem to get it. They complain about what the Slider should have been and what features it should have (lately: why is there no screen on the back?).

Others yelling for a Passport 2, Classic 2 or a BB10 Slider.

But as John Chen made clear in his statements: If the PRIV fails then there will be no BlackBerry handsets at all.

You get it guys? NO HANDSETS AT ALL! So stop complaining and whining and buy this damn PRIV if you REALLY want to support BlackBerry and hoping for anything like a Classic 2 or Passport 2 or a keyboard phone at all.

Over and out.

Posted via CB10
    I support physical keyboards on Android devices so, I'm picking up a priv for sure. Who knows maybe blackberry will release a passport 2 running Android one day.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-14-15 08:35 AM
    I'm with you brah. From what we know about the phone it fits my bill and I'll most likely get it. Even if it's not ideal to have android (I hate google) I'm willing to compromise and support BBRY. All the what if discussion is pointless to me. My interest lies in news about Priv and what's ahead. Not in parallel universes.

Posted via CB10
    My exact thoughts

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    10-14-15 08:37 AM
    Is it possible with a skin or launcher for the Priv to react and operate like BB10 OS? Gestures, minimised apps and closing apps etc.
    Just trying to get a idea of what we possibly can expect. What is the closest to BB10 OS launcher available atm on andriod?
    I know it's possible because jolla made a launcher. Unfortunately the launcher has not been maintained and it had an angry bird theme. I have yet to see a launcher that make use of gestures in the same way BB10 does. Honestly I don't think it's in BB best interest to spend alot of time customizing the UI behavior since it would take alot of effort to update it with each new OS update. I WISH they would, but I at this point it's becoming more and more obvious that they are not. Let's hope at least we will see the hub, BB VKB, better recent task and swipe from bottom to get to search and hub. At least those features should make android experience a little better.
    10-14-15 08:44 AM
    I'm not going to just go buy a phone to keep BlackBerry from stopping hardware. I don't owe them a thing, and I'm not made of money. I took a leap of faith and bought a BlackBerry 10 phone because I hate Google. They are lying, spying scumbags. Despite what some here may say, I've seen enough that satisfies me that they are. It's like Bill Clinton saying, I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Google can say they don't have spying relations but it's a lie, just like Bill lol. If, a few criteria are met, INCLUDING. Google having limited access to my mundane existence, then I may consider a Priv when I need to replace my phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:50 AM
    I believed Billy and enjoy the odd cigar myself but thinking with BlackBerry's expertise Google could become more secure hopefully .
    10-14-15 09:18 AM
    Will never buy an Android phone, even if BlackBerry branded.
    IMHO Chen is right in attempting the move, also fully outsource hw is a intelligent move.
    Simply for the very same reason I landed to BlackBerry coming from Nokia will looking for WP or Jolla alternative when I will need to change my or my wife handset.

Posted via CB10
    Lets wait for the "after the Android Priv" hype, and see if the rumours of a BB10 version coming in 2016 become true.
    10-14-15 09:55 AM