My Z10 is nearly dead. I'm overdue for an upgrade and I'm looking at the Priv. My wife had a Note2 and suggested I wait for the Note6 due out this summer. I admit the Note looks good, but I don't know if I can live without my Hub, and BlackBerry predictive text, etc. Someone suggested that BlackBerry might be uploading the Hub and other BlackBerry specific services to Google play to download onto any Android. Thoughts anyone?

Posted via CB10
    Dhilip shankar likes this.
    03-27-16 11:54 AM
    Well the keyboard is definitely available and I'm pretty sure the hub is too as it updates as a self contained app in the play store, see if you can download it on your wife's phone then you'll know for sure

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-27-16 11:57 AM
    If you want the BlackBerry experience then Priv is the only way to go. Priv really does feel BB10ish.

Note is a great phone otherwise. You won't go wrong but I wouldn't count on BlackBerry apps to work or be available.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-27-16 12:03 PM
    Cobalt, who made the Google Play store available on BB10 devices found a way to open BB's Priv apps (some of them) to other Android devices. Don't have the link but look around CB to find it.
    03-27-16 12:23 PM
    Well the keyboard is definitely available and I'm pretty sure the hub is too as it updates as a self contained app in the play store, see if you can download it on your wife's phone then you'll know for sure

I'd love to check it out - but my wife upgraded to an iPhone, so I think that's out. I'm fairly anti-Apple as I hate paying through the nose, over and over for things, and iTunes is a nightmare. I enjoy the simplicity and perfection of my Z10. Not sure I want to trade that for the chaos that is Android. Having said that, it looks like BlackBerry, with the Priv is bringing organization to chaos. And unfortunately, it looks like BB10, even though it is a superior OS, will be going the way of the Dodo.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:26 PM
    03-27-16 12:56 PM
    I agree with Koool1 that Priv seems to be the way to go. But F2's news is welcome if I'm not able to go that way. Thanks all!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:59 PM
    As most people have or will say, the priv's main selling point in their physical keyboard. Other than that, any other android phone will be good.

03-27-16 01:56 PM
    Blackberry is very consistent. So take the priv

Posted via CB10
    Dallas Johnson2 likes this.
    03-27-16 02:26 PM
    Samsung is a victim of its own success . . . blackberry is truly innovating the android platform. Part of what I loved about being on bb10 is the journey of improvement update after update. Samsung does not have a good history of this . . . my girl friend has an S5 and her phone was bricked once and needed a fresh install another time just from updating.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    03-27-16 07:21 PM
    Cobalt, who made the Google Play store available on BB10 devices found a way to open BB's Priv apps (some of them) to other Android devices. Don't have the link but look around CB to find it.
    do they work as well as on the Priv?
    03-27-16 08:04 PM
    I've never had a chance or reason to try them. I've got the original article - the Priv. Explore the thread that the creator, Cobalt, above, posted and assess the reviews.
    03-27-16 08:47 PM
    My experience is no, it doesn't work as well as the actual Priv. It works okish but not as fluid as the Priv, it crashes from time to time and seems to drain the battery more. This is on a Samsung Note Edge so maybe it works better on a newer Samsung?
    03-28-16 12:46 AM
    The Note 6 isn't even out yet :/
    andy957 likes this.
    03-28-16 05:14 AM
    if you want a pkb then it has to be the priv if you don't then you will have to wait for the note 6 and then only if it comes to the uk as the note 5 didn't
    03-28-16 07:39 AM
    I think I'll try android blackberry apps out on my OnePlus One

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    03-28-16 08:10 AM
    If you don't want physical keyboard or security features, the Samsung is a much better phone in almost every way.
    jaydee5799 and andy957 like this.
    03-28-16 01:39 PM
    I'm in the process of comparing the Priv to the Note 4. I'll be posting my findings in a thread here shortly.

I know that the Note 4 is a few years old, but the specs are really very comparable to (and in some cases, better than) the Priv.

Anyway, a quick take-away is that the Note 4 is a way better phone (for the price) than the Priv.......unless you need the PKB. In pretty much every usage situation, it is a smoother experience than the Priv.

The Note 5 had some issues, which I expect will be cleared up in the Note 6. If that's the case, and if the price is similar to the Priv, I'd suggest the Note 6 over the Priv to pretty much anyone.
    03-28-16 01:44 PM
    Samsung is a victim of its own success . . . blackberry is truly innovating the android platform. Part of what I loved about being on bb10 is the journey of improvement update after update. Samsung does not have a good history of this . . . my girl friend has an S5 and her phone was bricked once and needed a fresh install another time just from updating.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    But that Samsung hardware though...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-28-16 01:59 PM
    I find this kind of posts a bit useless especially at crackberry. Obviously we will say get priv. I think android central will give you more objective answer.

As to your question. Get priv mainly because I like keyboard, I like to support underdog and I really dislike Samsung touchwiz.
    will308 likes this.
    03-28-16 02:53 PM
    I find this kind of posts a bit useless especially at crackberry. Obviously we will say get priv. I think android central will give you more objective answer.

As to your question. Get priv mainly because I like keyboard, I like to support underdog and I really dislike Samsung touchwiz.
    that's pretty much where i'm at right now...all samsunged out
    03-28-16 08:35 PM
    Looking at the 6 specs definitely get that. I love the note series. Had it since the 3.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-28-16 08:50 PM
    I did consider Note5 vs Priv couple months ago. I got the Priv even though it is a bit more expensive (after discount with contract terms).
    The main factors for my decision are .... the Physical keyboard on the Priv (I really missed my BB physical keyboard).... and the fact that Note 5 doesn't support MicroSD card. I do like the stylus on the Notes, but the MicroSD and Physical Keyboard win me over..... plus, I still have hope that Blackberry will made the Hub on the Priv closer to the functionality and integration like BB10.
    03-28-16 09:12 PM
    Note 6 is rumored to bring back the Micro SD, and looks to be a real beast. Really want to try that stylus, which will be good for my work, and the camera should be awesome as well. Also is rumored to come with Android N out of the box. I have been very seriously considering getting it this summer. I don't want to leave BB10, but it's been leaving me for a while.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:27 PM
    Lets see Android phone NO, another Android pnone NO.
    03-28-16 09:40 PM
51 123