After reading multiple forum posts, reviews, etc., and taking into consideration the possibility of user bias, AAPL bias, and those new to Android, I keep wavering on whether to buy a Priv or holdout until version 2.

I currently have a Z30 and a Passport that I use on a daily basis. I don't want to give up my Passport because I have grown accustomed to a PKB again and a VKB just feels, well I guess "weird" to use. But the square screen isn't ideal for media. My Z30, while lacking a PKB, is absolutely fantastic for media consumption (the speakers are by far the best I've heard on a cell phone).

While I thought the Priv would be ideal, it is Android and not BB10 so while gaining the "precious" app store access, it lacks some of the built-in functionality within the OS and it may be weak in the sound department. The antenna seems to be somewhat of a weakness as well. And with the Snapdragon 820 releasing soon, it's already a bit outdated in the hardware department (but in all fairness, this is a never ending and annual issue at this point for all manufacturers so somewhat a moot point)

All of that gibberish aside, from any prior BB10 users that became Android converts because of the Priv, is the price tag ($699 USD), worth the price of admission? Or would you recommend waiting until Priv2 so BlackBerry can iron out some of the shortcomings of the Priv?
    sirk25 likes this.
    11-12-15 09:03 PM
    Do you have an ETA for the PRIV2?

If the price is too high now, you can wait a few months and see if it drops a little. But based on BlackBerry's track record of device updates....
    11-13-15 07:33 AM
    Not to Priv (or to Priv2), that is the answer.
    11-13-15 08:05 AM
    Presuming that a Priv2 comes into existence, of course. Chen has gone on record stating that if the Priv does not do sufficiently well, the company may very well exit the handset market. So, the only way a Priv2 could happen, is if the Priv itself sells well enough. So, the answer to the question is to Priv while you can, and hope it's enough to get a Priv2 to happen.
    Quorist likes this.
    11-13-15 09:45 AM
    Priv2 might not come if android devices don't sell good

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:52 AM
    I'd wait for Priv 3.
    11-13-15 10:09 AM